As soon as the excitement of getting a new phone dies down, the main problem becomes moving data from the old device to the new one. You have to be able to move all the data from the old device to the new one without losing some of the data in the process. For LG devices in particular, there are several apps that you can use to transfer all the data from another device to a new LG device or from an LG device to another device.
In this article, we take a look at some of the best apps you can use to transfer data to an LG device or from an LG device to any other device.
1. LG Mobile Switch (Sender)
This is the official LG app designed for the easy transfer of data from one device to another. It gives you the freedom to transfer most types of data including photos, videos, music, text messages, calendar and even apps from your old device to a new LG device. As you can probably already guess, it is most useful when switching to an LG device.
- • You can transfer data to the new LG device in one of three ways; by connecting the devices using USB cables, connecting the devices wirelessly or via SD card.
- • It can be used to transfer most types of data including photos, videos, music, calendar and even app data.
- • It can be used to transfer data from both Android and iOS devices to the new LG device
- • It is very easy to use, allowing you to move data seamlessly to the new device
- • It is free to download and use
- • You have to use a USB connection to transfer data from an iOS device to LG
- • It lacks other features such as the backup and restore feature
- • Can be prone to app crashes
2. MobileTrans - Phone Transfer
MobileTrans - Phone Transfer is another great tool that you can use to transfer data to a new LG device. It is particularly useful in the transfer of data even between devices across platforms. It has various other additional advantages in that it is very easy to use; all you have to do is connect both devices to a computer running MobileTrans - Phone Transfer and then select the types of data you would like to transfer.
- • It can be used to transfer data between iOS devices, Android devices and even Windows devices.
- • You can also transfer numerous different types of data including messages, contacts, videos, photos and even app data from the old device to the new LG.
- • It supports thousands of Android devices including LG, all iOS devices and all Windows phone devices
- • It works in a simple 3-step process to help you transfer data to the new LG device in a matter of minutes. The user interface is also very simple to use even for beginners.
- • It is not free although it has a free trial version.
3. LG PC Suite
If don’t want to use the LG Mobile Switch app, you have the alternative to use the LG PC Suite. This is a desktop app that you can use to transfer data to the new device. It provides an easy and seamless way to move data from another device to your new LG device.
- • It can be used to transfer data from LG to LG or from other devices to a new LG device
- • The desktop suite can also be used to update the software on the device
- • You can also use it to play games on the device on your PC
- • It is also useful for backing up and restoring data on your LG device
- • It is completely free to download and use
- • It is not clear if it can be used to transfer all types of data to the LG device
- • It may also not be effective when transferring data from iOS device to LG devices
- • The user interface is not simple, particularly if you have never used it before
4. MobileTrans - Phone Backup
This is a desktop app that allows you to create a backup of all the data on your phone to your PC or Mac. This backup can include all types of data including contacts, photos, messages and even social media app data like WhatsApp and WeChat data. You can then restore this backup to the new LG device and therefore transfer the data in the backup to the new device.
- • You can create a backup of all the data on your device in a single click. The backup includes all the data on the device.
- • It supports backing up data for both Android and iOS devices
- • With MobileTrans-Phone Backup, you can also easily transfer all types of data from the iPhone to the PC or export data from your Android device to the computer.
- • It is also very easy to use; all you have to do is connect the device to the computer and then easily transfer the data to the device
- • It is very easy to use
- • It is not free to use, but it has a free trial version
5. dr.fone - Phone Manager
dr.fone - Phone Transfer is another great app that you can transfer data from an old device to a new LG device. This desktop app allows you to transfer all types of data including contacts, messages, call history, voice messages, photos and even apps.
- • It allows you to easily transfer photos, videos, calendar, contacts, messages and music from Android to iOS, iOS to Android or even Android to Android.
- • It is very easy to use, allowing you to transfer data to the new LG device in just a few minutes and a few simple steps
- • It supports thousands of Android devices including LG devices and all iOS devices. It is also compatible with all versions of the Android OS and all versions of the iOS firmware.
- • It is also fully compatible with Windows 10 and the latest version of Mac
- • It is very easy to use with a pleasant user interface.
- • It is a premium program and you have to pay to download and use it.
The Bottom Line
The transfer of data from one device to another can be a complicated process, especially when you try to do it without the right tools. This is why we’ve outlined the best tools to help you move most of not all types of data from or to your LG device. The tool you choose will depend on the type of data you want to transfer and how quickly you would like to transfer the said data. It is important to note however that each tool has its own strengths and weaknesses which we have outlined above.
Therefore, we recommend that you take the time to careful asses each tool before deciding on the one you would like to use. As always, we’re here to help in any way we can. Post your questions or concerns in the comments section below and we’ll do our best to help.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Work with Android 9.0 and iOS 13.