As we all know, the GBWhatsapp doesn't support backup via Google drive. However, our team of technical experts has done thorough research on how to backup GBWhatsapp to Google Drive, and we've come up with the easiest way to do so just within a few clicks. Plus, we will introduce you to the most effective way to transfer GBWhatsapp to WhatsApp without compromising your data. So, if you're eager to find out more, stick around lets put you through the process
Part 1: How to Backup GBWhatsApp to Google Drive
As stated earlier, backing up GB WhatsApp to Google drive is now easy. Therefore, we've created a simple guide to walk you through the GB WhatsApp to Google drive backup process in just a few clicks.
Step 1: Create GBWhatsApp Backup to a local drive
- Launch your GB WhatsApp on your device, and hit the three dots at the top right corner of your screen to access the drop-down menu.
- From the list, select ‘Settings’. Then, choose ‘Chat’ on the next page.
- Up next, select ‘chat backup’. By doing that, a backup that's familiar with WhatsApp will be created and stored in your phone's local drive.
Once you have completed the process above, install the official WhatsApp app on your device from the Play store. However, this doesn't mean you need to delete GB WhatsApp, as it allows you to run more than one WhatsApp on your device.
Step 2: Move GBWhatsApp Backup to normal WhatsApp
After the successful download of WhatsApp, you'll have to move the GBWhatsApp backup saved in your local drive to WhatsApp. Follow the procedure below to do that;
- Launch the File manager app on your device, and select GB WhatsApp. Then choose Database.
- On the database page, copy the GB WhatsApp backup you made. The folder file name will be indicated as ‘msgstore.db.crypt12’.
- Once you've copied the backup, navigate to the WhatsApp directory, choose Database, and paste the copied backup.
- You can now open the official WhatsApp and create an account using the same number you used for your GB WhatsApp. Afterward, verify the number and accept to restore chat from backup when asked. Now, your GBWhatsApp data will be moved to WhatsApp instantly.
Step 3: Backup GBWhatsApp to Google Drive using WhatsApp
- Finally, navigate to the main interface of your Whatsapp and click the three dots menu at the copyright corner of the page.
- From the drop-down list select Settings, then click the Chat.
- Select Chat backup and from the option choose ‘Backup to Google drive.
- Now, all data from the GB WhatsApp backup moved to official WhatsApp will be backed up to Google drive. You just have to be patient for the process to get finalized.
Part 2: Transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp on New Phone
The simplest way to transfer GBWhatsapp data to Whatsapp on a new device without going through any unwanted stress, then Wonderhsare MobileTrans data transfer software is the right tool for you.
As we all know, GBWhatsApp is supported only on Android devices, and can't work on iOS devices. Hence, if you're looking to switch your mobile device to iOS without losing your GBWhatsapp contacts, chat, and other essential records, MobileTrans will help you get the job done in just three steps. This amazing software supports both Android to Android and Android to iOS GBWhatsapp to WhatsApp data transfer.
Moreover, you don't have to be tech-savvy before you can employ MobileTrans, as it has a highly-intuitive user interface. And it boasts robust features that make GBWhatsapp to WhatsApp transfer just like a walk in the park.
- Transfer all GBWhatsapp data including chats, images, and others from Android to iOS or Android to Android in a few clicks.
- Efficiently backup and transfer data to PC.
- Supports over 18 types of phone data transfer and privacy is 100%.
- Backup, restore, and transfer WhatsApp data within the blink of an eye.
Stepwise Guide To Transfer GBWhatsapp Data to WhatsApp Using MobileTrans
Download and install MobileTrans software to your Mac or Windows PC before you proceed with the steps below!
Step 1: Launch the MobileTrans software and select ‘Phone to Phone’ then click GBWhatsapp transfer.
Step 2: Connect both the new and old devices to the PC. On doing that, MobileTrans will load all data on your GBWhatsapp. And the old phone with GBWhatsapp will be indicated as the source while the new phone with the official WhatsApp is the destination, as shown in the image. You can also flip the source and destination device. This allows you to merge both chats when you transfer from Android to iOS.
Step 3: Hit the Start button to begin the GBWhatsapp to WhatsApp data transfer process. Wait a few minutes for the transfer to be completed. However, make sure not to touch any of the devices during the transfer, so you won't compromise the process.
Once it's done, disconnect both devices > launch WhatsApp on your new device> input and verify the number you used for your GBWhatsapp. Then you can start using WhatsApp with all your data in it.
After reading this detailed guide, we are sure you already have a concise idea on how to backup GBWhatsapp chat to Google Drive easily. As you can see, you don't require any technical knowledge to get the job done. Just a few clicks and you're good to go.
However, if you're caught up in a scenario where you need to change your mobile device but you don't want to lose your GBWhatsapp data, an efficient data transfer tool like Wondershare MobileTrans is a great option for you.