How to Restore WeChat History to New Phone with/without Backup? [Complete Guide]
Written By Axel Nash |
Indeed, everyone would also need to have the old apps and chat history. However, when you purchase a new device or change your phone model, you must move the data copy to new phone for continuance.
In this article, we will clarify how to restore WeChat messages to new phone so that you can reuse all your precious data again. Note that you can follow these methods on all the phone models.
Part 1: Restore WeChat from iPhone to New iPhone by MobileTrans
In this part, you will know about the whole method for moving WeChat to a new telephone with a noticeable tool called MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. Not just WhatsApp, it also supports data transfer for WhatsApp Business, LINE, Kik and WeChat. You can move WeChat chat history from one device to another with a single click.
Here's the deal:
The software can transfer WeChat chats starting from one gadget to another. It can also backup WeChat messages from your portable iDevice to your computer. Moreover, it answers how to retrieve WeChat messages on new phone. And, if you need, MobileTrans supports other social applications and can transfer WeChat messages to new phone.
Now: The steps required to move WeChat chat to the new iPhone with MobileTrans are:
- Step 1: Launch MobileTrans on your computer
Go download and open the MobileTrans software on your PC. Click the "Other Apps Transfer" option and select WeChat Transfer from the homepage. After doing so, continue with the following method.
- Step 2: Connect iPhone to computer
Connect your device to the PC by using a connecting cable. Make sure you are on the WeChat Transfer page.
- Step 3: Start to move WeChat information.
Then, at that point, click the "Start" button and stand by to complete the transfer.
- Step 4: Transfer finished
It would be best not to disconnect your phone during the process. After it finishes transferring the files, as shown in the picture underneath, you can disconnect the phone and check whether the WeChat chat information is there on your new device.
Part 2: Restore WeChat to New Phone with WeChat Backup and Restore
Backup WeChat Chat to New Phone
- Launch the WeChat app on your old phone and click the "Me" button at the bottom right of your screen.
- Go to the "Settings" option that will show up, and tap the "Chats" menu.
- After clicking the "Chats" go to "Backup & Migrate Chats" button on your screen.
- Here, select to backup WeChat chat by moving it to a new device.
Migrate or Restore WeChat to New Phone
With the "Backup and Migrate Chats" button, you can transfer or retrieve WeChat to a new phone. WeChat has two options that can empower you to get your hands back on your chat data:
- Migrate Entire Chat History
- Migrate Partial Chat History
After choosing one of the two choices, a QR Code will show up on the screen of your old device. To begin moving WeChat to your new device, leave your old device, and log in to your new phone with similar details you have been utilizing previously; then follow the directions below.
- Tap the plus symbol (+) situated at the top right of your screen and tap Scan.
- Scan the QR Code that appears on your old phone with your new device. That's how we copy to new phone.
Part 3: Restore WeChat to a New Phone Using a Computer
Firstly, install the WeChat app on your computer. Then open the app and log in to your account, and using your old phone, scan the QR code on your PC. That will approve your PC to open your WeChat account.
Backing up your chat history:
- From your PC, tap "Menu" at the bottom and click "Backup and Restore" > "Back up on PC."
- From your phone, tap all chat history that you need to back up.
- Confirm the process and wait until it finishes.
Restoring your chat history:
- Open the WeChat app on your PC, go to the "More" option and tap the "Backup and Restore" option.
- Select "Restore on phone," and choose the chat history you need to get back.
- Confirm the process, and wait until your chat history restores.
WeChat permits you to backup your chat history, but you can't do that regularly or under any predefined plan. As discussed above, the best choice you have is to migrate to the phone. On the other hand, you can involve your computer or use the best WeChat transfer tool - MobileTrans, to restore WeChat messages to your new phone.