SHAREit Review: Features, Pros, Cons, and the Best Alternative
Written By Axel Nash | Feb 01,2021
If you are planning to transfer your data from one device to another, then SHAREit can be a popular option. Available for both Android and iOS platforms, it lets us transfer several data types between devices wirelessly. Though, the app has several limitations that you should know of in advance. Therefore, I have come up with this detailed SHAREit review to help you with the use of the app and would also make you familiar with its best alternative.
Part 1: SHAREit App Review: Major Features
While the SHAREit app is mostly used to transfer files between different smartphones, it offers tons of other features as well. To start with our SHAREit review, let’s have a look at what we can do with the tool.
- • As of now, SHAREit is available for Android, iOS, and Windows PC. Therefore, you can use it to transfer data between different platforms (like Android to iPhone).
- • The SHAREit app can only transfer your photos, videos, songs, documents, and apps as of now.
- • Please note that only your apps would be reinstalled, but it can’t transfer app data.
- • The transfer is done wirelessly by the SHAREit app at a speed of up to 20 Mbps (200 times faster than Bluetooth).
- • Besides data transfer, you can also find tons of videos to watch on SHAREit and even download wallpapers from it.
Part 2: How to use SHAREit to Transfer Data between Phones?
As listed in our SHAREit review that the most common use of the app is to transfer data between different devices. Therefore, if you also wish to move your files from one phone to another, then you can use SHAREit in the following way.
Step 1: Download the SHAREit app
To begin with, just go to the Play Store or App Store on your Android/iOS device and look for the SHAREit app. Once you find the app, simply install it on your device and grant it the needed permission.
Afterward, make sure that both the devices are nearby and that their WiFi and Bluetooth options are turned on.
Step 2: Send Data from the Source Device
To start the transfer, you can launch SHAREit on your source device and tap on the “Send” feature. This will take you to your phone storage so that you can select what you wish to transfer and start sending these items.
Step 3: Receive your data on the Target Device
Similarly, you can launch the SHAREit app on your target device and tap on the “Receive” option instead. This will search for the source phone that would be placed nearby. You can tap on its icon and confirm the connection to start receiving files on your target phone.
By following this simple drill in this SHAREit app review, you can easily use it to transfer your data between different devices.
Part 3: SHAREit Review: Pros, Cons, and Verdict
While SHAREit is certainly a resourceful app, it has some limitations and pitfalls. Therefore, to conclude our SHAREit app review, let’s quickly consider its pros and cons.
- • The basic version of SHAREit is available for free
- • It can transfer your data wirelessly between different smartphones
- • It also offers other entertainment features to watch movies and listen to music
- • The basic version features a lot of ads and unwanted pop-ups
- • The process to connect both the devices can be complicated
- • It can only transfer a handful of data types and most of the content would be missing
- • To access its premium version, you need to pay $9.99
To conclude our SHAREit review, I would say that it is a decent application to transfer a few files wirelessly. Although, if you have a lot of data to transfer in less time, then consider using any other app. It will meet your basic requirements for free but you have to encounter a lot of unwanted ads in the transfer process.
MobileTrans – Phone Transfer: The Best SHAREit Desktop Alternative
As you can see from our SHAREit app review, it has so many limitations. Therefore, you can consider using MobileTrans – Phone Transfer to move your files from one device to another directly in a hassle-free way.
- • MobileTrans can transfer data between all the major Android and iOS devices, including a cross-platform transfer of files.
- • You can move your contacts, photos, music, videos, messages, documents, and so much more directly.
- • Your data would be transferred securely and none of the files would be leaked or stored in between.
- • Users can further select the type of data that they wish to move from their source to the target device.
If you want to transfer data between different devices using MobileTrans – Phone Transfer, then the following steps can be taken.
Step 1: Launch the Phone Transfer application
If you don’t have MobileTrans – Phone Transfer installed on your system, then download it from its website. Afterward, launch the application and select the “Phone Transfer” feature from its home.
Step 2: Select the Source and the Target Device
Now, you can use working cables to just connect both the devices to your computer. MobileTrans would automatically detect them and will mark them as Source or Destination. If you want, you can use the flip button to correct their positions.
From the list of the supported data types, just select what you wish to transfer, and click on the “Start” button. You can clear data on the target device if you want to in advance.
Step 3: Transfer your data successfully
That’s it! You can now just wait for a while and let the application transfer the selected data from the source to the target device. When the data transfer process is over, you can simply remove both the devices from the system securely.
I’m sure that after reading this in-depth SHAREit review, you would be able to know more about the app – its features, pros, and cons. Though, if you are moving a lot of data from your source to the target device, then consider using MobileTrans – Phone Transfer. The application provides a hassle-free direct device to device data transfer solution that would certainly come in handy to you.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data..