Xender vs. SHAREit: Which File Sharing App is Right for You
Written By Axel Nash |
As I stumbled upon this query posted on Quora, I realized that so many people out there are confused between apps like Xender and SHAREit. While both the apps are used to transfer data between different devices, they can be used for numerous other reasons too. In this post, I will provide a detailed Xender vs. SHAREit comparison and would also share the best desktop application to transfer data between smartphones.
Xender: Share Photos, Music, Videos, and Other Files
To start with our Xender vs. SHAREit comparison, let’s first know the basic features of Xender. Ideally, the application can help you transfer data between different smartphones and even your smartphone and computer wirelessly.
- • The application can transfer data wirelessly between different devices via WiFi direct. The transfer speed provided by Xender is 40 MB per second as of now.
- • There are no limitations on the size of files you can share and Xender will retain the original quality (without compressing anything).
- • Using Xender, you can transfer almost all kinds of data, including your photos, videos, music, documents, and more.
- • There is also an inbuilt File Manager that you can use like an explorer to manage your data on the local storage.
- • Some other add-on features include in-app games, social media saver, video to audio converter, and so on.
- • Xender provides a wide range of features in one app
- • A cross-platform transfer is also supported (between iOS, Android, and PC)
- • The original quality of your data would be retained.
- • Tons of unwanted ads and pop-ups in the free version
- • Connectivity issues between different models
Play Store Rating: 4/5
SHAREit: Transfer and Share Files Wirelessly
To continue our Xender vs. SHAREit comparison, let’s have a look at the major features of SHAREit now. The application is extremely easy to use with free and premium versions available.
- • The application can transfer your files wirelessly between different devices at a speed of 20 MB per second.
- • You can move your data between smartphones (like iOS to Android) and even transfer files from your smartphone to your computer.
- • SHAREit can transfer all kinds of data such as your photos, videos, music, documents, and more.
- • You can also use SHAREit to discover trending content (like music and videos) and even use its inbuilt media player.
- • While transferring your data, SHAREit will retain its original quality (no compression technique would be used).
- • Easy to use and fast transferring speed
- • It supports almost every Android or iOS device out there
- • The free version has too many ads and limited features
- • The app has been subjected to some security issues
Price: Free or $9.99 (for Premium)
Play Store Rating: 4.1/5
Xender vs. SHAREit: The Key Differences
Now when you know about the key features of both the apps, let’s quickly do a detailed Xender vs. SHAREit comparison.
|Transfer speed||40 Mbps||20 Mbps|
|Available for||Android, iOS, Tizen, Windows, and macOS||Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS|
|Social media integration||Yes||No|
|Ease of use||Moderate||Easy|
|Data types||Photos, videos, documents, etc.||More data types such as apps and music are also supported|
|Price||Free||Free and $9.99|
|Play Store Rating||4||4.1|
MobileTrans – Phone Transfer: The Best Desktop Application To Transfer Data
As you can see from our Xender vs. SHARE comparison, both the apps have certain limitations. If you are looking for a better alternative, then consider using Wondershare MobileTrans – Phone Transfer. The desktop application will let you perform a direct device to device data transfer without any complications.
- • MobileTrans – Phone Transfer supports 8000+ devices, including all the major Android and iPhone models.
- • Using the desktop application, you can transfer data from Android to Android, iOS to iOS, and even do a cross-platform transfer between Android and iOS devices.
- • It can transfer 17 different types of data including your photos, videos, music, documents, contacts, call logs, etc.
- • Users can even select what they wish to transfer between different devices.
- • MobileTrans – Phone Transfer is 100% secure and won’t save your files in between.
If you want to transfer your data directly from one phone to another via MobileTrans – Phone Transfer, then follow these steps:
Step 1: Launch MobileTrans – Phone Transfer
Firstly, just launch the MobileTrans application on your system, and from the provided options on the home, open the Phone Transfer tool.
Step 2: Connect your Source and Target Devices
Afterward, you can use your source and the target devices to your system and let MobileTrans detect them. The application will automatically mark them as source or destination and will even let you flip their positions.
Step 3: Transfer data from the source to the target device
Once you have corrected their placement, just select what you wish to transfer from the list and click on the “Start” button. You can choose to clear data on the target device in advance.
That’s it! You can now wait for a few minutes as MobileTrans would transfer your data from the source to the target device and will let you know once the process is completed.
That’s a wrap, everyone! I’m sure that after reading this guide, you would be able to know about the best Xender vs. SHAREit comparison. Since both apps have their pros and cons, you can give them a try and pick a suitable option. Though, if you wish to transfer your data directly from one device to another, then use MobileTrans – Phone Transfer. It is a 100% secure and ultra-fast desktop application that can also perform a cross-platform transfer of data.