We already had Smart Switch to move your data from iOS or Android to Samsung phones. It is an amazing application that helps you move your data from one device to another without hassle.
Google has also recently launched the Switch to Android application that helps transfer iOS data to Android phones, which now only available on Pixels.
When you are shifting phones, which one should consider? What is the difference between both apps: Switch to Android vs Smart Switch?
When to Use: Switch to Android vs. Smart Switch
Switch to Android: When to use?
When you have data on an iOS device and you want to move it to Android, you should consider using Switch to Android. For now, Google has launched the service for its Pixel phones only. This means if you are willing to move data from iOS or iPhone to Pixel, this is your best shot. Everything will move to an Android phone.
Later, Google is planning to bring this service to every Android brand.
Samsung Smart Switch: When to use it?
When you have to move data to Samsung, in that case, Samsung Smart Switch is the best option. This tool helps move data from iOS and Android devices to Samsung devices without any glitches or challenges.
What to Transfer: Smart Switch vs. Switch to Android
Switch to Android is a fairly new application, which means that it doesn't currently support every data type. So you can move 5 types of data from iOS to Pixel with Switch to Android.
In the case of the Samsung Smart Switch, it is a mature service, which helps you move 13 types of data from one phone to a Samsung phone.
Here's a list of data types that both services can move from one device to another. Based on your requirements, you can see what seems more feasible.
|Data Type||Switch to Android||Samsung Smart Switch|
Google's Switch to Android currently supports iCloud Photos, Videos, Photos, Calendar, and Contacts.
How to Use: Switch to Android vs. Smart Switch
There are different ways to use both Smart Switch vs Switch to Android. You have to follow the steps given below to move data using Switch to Android vs Smart Switch:
How to Use Switch to Android?
- Step 1:The first step is to download Switch to Android on your iPhone.
- Step 2:Choose the Google LLC option and download the app on your iPhone.
- Step 3:Once the app is on your Android device, you should open it.
- Step 4:Check Terms of Service and move forward.
- Step 5:Now, click on Start.
- Step 6:You will be prompted to offer Camera You should allow it.
- Step 7:From your Android device, scan the code given.
- Step 8:You will get options to transfer data types, including Videos, Photos, Contacts, and Calendar Events.
- Step 9:When you hit Continue, data transfer will start.
- Step 10:Moving forward, you need to follow on-screen instructions.
- Step 11:You would be asked to move iCloud data as well. Allow if you want to, otherwise Skip.
During the process, you may be asked to turn off iMessages.
How to Use Samsung Smart Switch?
- Step 1:Firstly, sync data to iCloud. From Settings>iCloud>Sync Data.
You can transfer data using WiFi, PC/Mac, or USB cable:
- Step 2:To transfer data using WiFi, you should open your Samsung Phone and go to Smart Switch.
- Step 3:Visit Settings, then Accounts and Back up, and Smart Switch.
- Step 4:Smart Switch will ask about receiving or sending data, choose Receive Data.
- Step 5:Choose iPhone or iPad and move on to select Get data from iCloud instead.
- Step 6:Sign in to your Apple ID and select the data you wish to transfer.
- Step 7:To transfer data using USB, open Smart Switch.
- Step 8:Select Receive Data and connect your phone.
- Step 9:Trust the device and select Transfer.
- Step 10:To transfer data using a computer, visit iTunes and take a backup.
- Step 11:Download Smart Switch on the computer and connect the new phone.
- Step 12:From the Smart Switch app, select restore data.
- Step 13:You have to select iCloud under From a different backup.
How to Connect: Switch to Android vs. Smart Switch
In both cases Switch to Android vs Smart Switch, you can connect via USB as well as wireless connection.
Smart Switch allows transferring data over WiFi, USB, or computer. We have explained all the methods above. Depending on the connection that is most feasible, you can select one option and proceed with it.
Switch to Android also supports wired and wireless connections. We have explained wireless connection via scanning of the QR code. If you want to connect via USB, you can connect phones before scanning the QR code.
Transfer Data Between Any Phone with MobileTrans [Best Choice]
Unlike both Smart Switch and Switch to Android which allows transferring data to only Android, MobileTrans helps you move data between any devices. It has so many modules to backup and restore data.
Transfer data between Any Phonts in a few Clicks!
- • Move data between devices, such as Android to iPhone, iPhone to iPhone, iPhone to Android, and Android to Android.
- • Supports 18+ data types like photos, videos, contacts, messages, and more.
- • You can select data types that you wish to move from one device to another.
- • Support move data from phone to computer, from iCloud to phone, and backup & restore phone.
- • Extremely easy and it does not need any technical experience to use.
- • Fully compatible with Windows 11 or Mac 12.0.
- • Fully compatible with iOS 15 and Android 12.0.
Both Switch to Android vs Smart Switch have similar features but Switch to Android may be available to all Android users in the future. Check out the features of both and see how you can move your data. Select the tool that suits your requirements. If you want, you can consider using MobileTrans which helps you move data between different devices without any challenges.