Perhaps you already know that Windows OS is widely used by people of all walks. This system is easy to work with and is readily available with backward compatibility. You can save any kind of file format on your Windows PC. But as compared to mobile phones, it becomes easy to perform frequent operations on your phone. That’s the reason to transfer files from pc to phone such as Android. Here, we bring you several ways to accomplish this task. Dive into the next section for how to transfer your files.
Part 1: Best Choice: Transfer Files with MobileTrans
The top choice to transfer files from computer to phone is via a third-party tool. MobileTrans is a sophisticated tool that will transfer different types of data like apps, photos, music, and many more. The speed is excellent, managing up to 3X rate transfer with Bluetooth or apps. The file quality won’t be compromised either. This app assures you of strong data protection.
Follow these steps to transfer any file type to your Android phone.
Step 1. Launch MobileTrans on your PC
Once you have downloaded and installed the app on your computer, open it and choose the “FileTransfer” option from the main window.
Step 2. Connect Android device to PC
You need to connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable. Then choose the “Import to phone” feature to select files for transferring.
Step 3. Transfer files
Lastly, click on the “Import” tab to add files and folders to your phone. Once the file transfer is completed, you can browse these files on your phone.
Part 2: Transfer Files from Windows to Android with USB
A USB cable can stand in the gap when you want to transfer files from Windows to Android.
- Firstly, connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. Wait for Windows to automatically detect your phone as a Media Transfer Protocol device.
- Then right-click on your Android device and hit on the “Properties” section to see how much space is available.
- Peruse the files you wish to transfer from your computer to start moving them to your Android phone icon. You can right-click on the folder containing the files and hit the “Send to” option with Android as the destination point. You can also drag and drop the folder to the Android icon.
- Finally, save remove your phone to avoid data loss.
Part 3: Transfer Files from Windows to Android with Bluetooth
This method lets you do pc to mobile transfer send files anywhere with Bluetooth.
- Turn on the “Bluetooth” option on your Windows PC then pair it with your phone.
- Then on your PC, choose the “Start” button and hit on the “Settings” option. Next, select the “Devices” and click the “Bluetooth & other devices” section.
- Scroll down to the “Related settings” option and select the “Send or receive files via Bluetooth” option.
- Then select the “Send File” option and choose your Android phone as to where to share the file to. Click on the “Next” tab.
- Browse for the files to share and select the “Open” > “Next” options to send it. Finally, click on the “Finish” tab to complete the file transfer process.
Part 4: Transfer Files from Windows to Android with Wi-Fi
It is also possible to transfer files from Windows to Android over a Wi-Fi connection. You first need to install a Wi-Fi File Transfer app on your computer. Go to “Google Play Store” and search for the “Wi-Fi File Transfer” app then tap it to install it on your computer. Now follow the below steps to transfer your files to Android with Wi-Fi.
- First, point your browser to the “WiFi Transfer” web page.
- Then click on the “Select Files” button located under the “Transfer files” section.
- Go to the “File Manager” and locate the files you wish to transfer to your phone.
- Then click the “Start Upload” from the main window and allow the upload of files to complete. You can now access the files on your phone.
Part 5: Transfer Files from Windows to Android with Cloud Service
Cloud syncing is another available means for file transfer pc to mobile. Here, you need third-party cloud services like Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox. Let’s use Dropbox in this case. Remember, you need to have signed up for a Dropbox account.
- Go to the “dropbox.com” site and sign in to your Dropbox account with your login credentials. Then click on the “Upload Files” button at the top of the screen.
- Choose the files you want to transfer from your computer from the “Choose File” button then click on the “Start Upload” button. The files will be uploaded to your “Dropbox” account and sync to your Android phone.
- Then open the “Dropbox” app on your Android phone. Next, sign in with your “Dropbox” account.
- Finally, view and download the files you added to Dropbox from your computer. The files are now readily accessible on your Android phone.
Part 6: Transfer Files from Windows to Android with E-mail
You can email the files you wish to send to Android to another email address then access them from your Android phone.
- First, log into your email address with your credential. You can also quickly sign up for a new email account if you hadn’t.
- Next, log into your email account from your Windows PC.
- Then send an email with the file attachment to a separate email address or the same email address. Remember to locate and attach the files that you wish to transfer to your Android phone.
- Next, log into your email address once more; but now from your Android phone.
- Check the “Inbox” section and open the email you just sent from your computer.
- Finally, download the files on your Android device and hurray! You have the files on your phone now.
You don’t need to be a tech guru to transfer files from Windows to Android devices. This piece of the article just cleared the air, enabling you to handle any case scenario by yourself. And if you want more than transferring files from Windows PC to Android, you can employ the best app, the Mobile Trans tool, to facilitate the transfer of files from your computer to your phone. Likewise, it can handle phone to phone transfers between different operating systems.