Export Contacts from iPhone to Gmail: 4 Workable Methods
Written By Navkiran Dhaliwal |
Exporting contacts from iPhone to Gmail is something many people find very hard to do. But since you've come to this page, you don't have to worry because we've presented the four workable methods you can rely on to export contacts from iPhone to Gmail in just a few clicks.
Also, you'll discover the easiest way to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android without any problems. So, read on to find out the method that suits your requirement and how you can employ it to export iPhone contacts from iPhone to Gmail.
Part 1: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Gmail via iPhone
It's quite easy to transfer contacts from iPhone to Gmail via iPhone, and the amazing thing is you don't even need to install any third-party application. Yes, the Settings app on iPhone allows users to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail and vice versa. Thus, you can always rely on it for the transfer of contacts from Gmail to iPhone or iPhone to Gmail.
Stepwise guide to transfer contacts from iPhone to Gmail via iPhone.
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone and scroll down to locate Contacts, select Accounts, and tap Add Accounts.
- Step 2: Tap on Google and enter the correct information to add the Gmail account where you want to transfer contacts.
- Step 3: Tap the google next to 'Contacts' to enable syncing of iPhone contacts to Gmail, then tap Save to complete the process.
Note: By using the above method, your Gmail contacts will also be synced to your iphone. So if you do not want your Gmail contacts to appear on your iPhone, then you should try the next method.
Part 2: Move iPhone Contacts to Gmail via Google Drive
To prevent your Gmail contacts from being synced to your iPhone, you can backup iPhone contacts to Google drive. By doing so, your contacts will be synced to Google contacts.
Google Drive is a cloud service that allows users to sync their data including contacts to cloud-based storage without any complications.
Let's proceed to see the steps on how to move iPhone contacts to Gmail via Google Drive;
- Step 1: Install Google Drive on your iPhone, then launch the app and sign in to your Google account using the correct details.
- Step 2: Navigate to Menu, then select the following; Settings > Backup > Start Backup.
- Step 3: Once the backup is completed, your iPhone contents will be available via Google contacts.
Part 3: Import Contacts from iPhone to Gmail via iCloud
Importing contacts from iPhone to Gmail via iCloud is another effective method that has been very effective for lots of users. Besides, with iCloud you can import iPhone contacts to Gmail even if your device is not nearby or is stolen.
Guide to importing contacts from iPhone to Gmail via iCloud is outlined below;
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on your Profile, then select iCloud and turn on the toggle next to Contacts.
- Step 2: Open icloud.com on your PC and log in to your iCloud account
- Step 3: Locate Contacts and click on it, then click on the Gear icon located at the bottom left corner of the page then choose "Select All" from the list.
- Step 4: Tap on the gear icon again and select "Export vCard" to save contacts to your PC.
- Step 5: Visit https://contacts.google.com/ and sign in to your Google account.
- Step 6: Click on Import Contacts from the left-hand side of the screen then select 'Choose File.'
- Step 7: Select the vCard you saved on your PC and click on Import. Your contacts will be imported to Google contacts instantly
Part 4: Copy Contacts from iPhone to Gmail via iTunes
You can also transfer contacts from iPhone to Gmail via iTunes, and the steps to do so are quite simple. All you just have to do is to export iPhone contacts to your computer via iTunes and import them to Google. However, before proceeding with this method, you must ensure to turn off iCloud Contacts on your iPhone.
Follow these steps to copy contacts from iPhone to Gmail via iTunes;
- Step 1: Install and launch the latest version of iTunes on your PC, then connect your iPhone to the PC using its USB cable.
- Step 2: Click 'Device' icon and select 'info.'
- Step 3:Select the "Sync contacts with.." option, then choose Google contacts from the drop-down menu and follow the instructions shown on your screen to sync your iPhone contacts to Google.
Bonus: Transfer iCloud Contacts to Android Phone with MobileTrans
Besides saving iPhone contacts to Gmail, you can also transfer iCloud contacts to your Android directly. MobileTrans is one of the best data-sharing tools you can rely on to execute such operations.
MobileTrans is an advanced data-sharing software with robust tools for transferring, backing up, and restoring data seamlessly. This tool enables users to transfer different kinds of data such as contacts, messages, photos, WhatsApp data, and lots more from phone to phone, phone to computer, or iCloud to phone
Transfer Contacts from iCloud to Android
- Restore iCloud Contacts to Android devices with a few clicks.
- Supports over 6000 Android devices.
- Fully compatible with the latest Android 12.
- Restore iCloud Contacts to iOS device that is using another Apple ID.
- Best data privacy.
Stepwise Guide to Transfer iCloud Contacts to Android Phone with MobileTrans
Step 1: Open MobileTrans software and connect your Android phone to the PC.
Step 2: Click on 'Phone transfer' then select 'iCloud to phone.'
Step 3: Sign in to your iCloud account.
Step 4: Enter the verification code that is sent to your iPhone.
Step 5: Choose Contacts as the category of the file you want to send, then select the contacts you want to export to your Android phone and click on 'Restore to Device'.
Step 6: Click the Start button to begin the transfer process.
Step 7: The Contacts transfer process from iCloud to Android will begin. You can disconnect your Android device from the PC after the transfer is completed.
Without mixing contacts on Gmail, you can utilize MobileTrans to transfer iCloud contacts to your Android device directly. Try it now.
You can transfer contacts from iPhone to Gmail either via iPhone, Google Drive, iTunes, or iCloud. It all depends on the method you choose to use.
That being said, if you're looking to transfer iCloud photos to Android devices, MobileTrans is the perfect software you can always rely on for a fast and seamless data-sharing operation.