Recently, I came up with this query posted by a user whose passwords did not transfer to new iPhone. Since the transfer of passwords is not like other common media files (like photos or music), it can be a bit complicated at times. Well, the good news is that you can transfer passwords to new iPhone from an existing device if you implement the right method. In this post, I will teach you how to transfer passwords to new iPhone in some smart ways.
Part 1: Transfer Passwords to New iPhone 13/12 with AirDrop
If you have already been using an iOS device before, then you can simply use AirDrop to transfer your data. Apart from your contacts or photos, you can also use AirDrop to share your account and password details to another iOS device. For this to work, both the devices must be running on iOS 11 or newer versions. Also, they should be placed nearby within the range of AirDrop to work. To learn how to transfer passwords from iPhone to new iPhone, you can follow these steps:
Step 1: Enable AirDrop on both iPhones
To make this work, you need to unlock both the devices and go to their Settings > AirDrop to turn it on. You can also go to the Control Center, long-press the wireless network section, and enable AirDrop. The Bluetooth and WiFi features should also be enabled on both devices. You can also select “Everyone” as its visibility to easily transfer your data.
Step 2: Select the passwords to transfer
Now, unlock your source iOS device and go to its Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Website & App Passwords. Here, you can view a list of all the saved passwords on your iPhone and can select the account passwords to share.
Step 3: Transfer passwords to new iPhone
Once you have selected the account, its details would be listed on the device. Simply hold and long tap the “Passwords” section to get the Copy and AirDrop options.
From here, tap on the “AirDrop” button and select the available iOS device (iPhone 13). In the end, you simply have to accept the incoming data on your iPhone 13 to save the shared password.
Part 2: What to do if Passwords can't be transferred to iPhone 13/12?
There are times when users are not able to transfer passwords to new iPhone 13 by following the above drill. In this case, I would recommend going through these quick tips to troubleshoot the passwords did not transfer to new iPhone problem.
- • Firstly, make sure that both the devices are running on iOS 11 or a later version.
- • Besides the AirDrop feature, the WiFi and Bluetooth options should also be enabled on both the devices.
- • Sometimes, even after transferring passwords, Safari is not able to autofill them. To correct this, go to the Settings > Passwords & Accounts option on your iPhone 13 and enable the “Autofill Passwords” feature.
- • Due to security issues, there are special permissions needed to autofill credit card details. To fix this, you can go to your iPhone Settings > Safari > Autofill and enable the feature for credit card details.
- • Make sure that you are not using the “Private Browsing” feature in Safari. In this case, none of your saved passwords would be filled.
- • If the native method to transfer your passwords won’t work, then you can also use dedicated password manager apps for iPhone to save and transfer them.
Part 3: Recommended: Transfer Data to new iPhone 13/12 with MobileTrans – Phone Transfer
If you have got a new iPhone 13, then you might wish to transfer your data from your old iOS or Android device. In this case, you can take the assistance of MobileTrans – Phone Transfer that can do a direct device-to-device data transfer. The application supports 8000+ different models and can transfer all kinds of data from iPhone to iPhone or Android to iPhone.
Transfer Data between Android and iOS With 1 Click!
- • The data types include calendar, contacts, text messages, photos, notes, videos, apps, wallpaper, voice memo and more.
- • Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data.
- • Retain the quality of your data and would keep it private.
- • The interface is extremely simple and will let you select the type of data you wish to move.
Using it, you can directly move your photos, videos, audios, contacts, call logs, Safari history, notes, apps, and more. The application is extremely user-friendly and does not need root/jailbreak access as well. To learn how to transfer passwords to a new iPhone from any iOS/Android device using MobileTrans, the following steps can be taken:
Step 1: Launch the Phone Transfer app
At first, just install MobileTrans – Phone Transfer on your system and launch it whenever you wish to transfer your data to your new iPhone. From the welcome screen of MobileTrans, select the “Phone Transfer” module and choose the Phone to Phone feature.
Step 2: Connect the source and the target device
Afterward, use working USB or lightning cables to connect both the devices to the system. In no time, they will be detected by the application and their snapshots would be displayed. Please note that your iPhone should be the destination device here. If not, you can use the flip button to correct it.
Step 3: Transfer your data to new iPhone
In the middle, you can view all kinds of different data types that you can move from your source to the target iOS device. Just enable all the data types that you wish to move and click on the “Start” button. You can also select the “clear data before copy” option to wipe the target device storage (optional).
That’s it! You just have to wait for a while and let the application complete the data transfer process. Once it is done, you will be notified so that you can safely remove your device from the system.
I’m sure that by now you would be able to transfer passwords to the new iPhone. Not just web and account passwords, the solution can also transfer WiFi passwords to new iPhone. Besides that, you can also use MobileTrans – Phone Transfer to directly move data to your new device. Go ahead – try these methods and share this guide with others to teach them how to transfer passwords to new iPhone like a pro!