How to Download Photos from Google Drive to iPhone
Written By Axel Nash |
Google Drive is one of the most useful cloud storage applications in the 21st century. It allows you to store, share, and synchronize data, including photos across devices. Google Drive is used in various organizations, especially those dealing with huge data such as Schools, Banks, companies, and others. One unique feature of this application is it’s compatibility with all devices, including PC.
You can access your stored data from the Google Drive cloud via the internet. If you are not connected to the internet, you can’t access the data (photos, music, audio, videos, and others) you stored on Google Drive.
In this article, I will be introducing you to two methods by which you can download the photos you did store on Google Drive on your iPhone.
Method 1: Download Photos from Google Drive to iPhone with Google Drive App
For this method, take the following steps to download your photos to your iPhone:
Step 1: Download and Launch Google Drive App
The first step involves the downloading and installation of Google Drive application. You can do this by visiting your Apple App Store to download it.
After the successful download, install the app and launch it.
Step 2: Log in to your Google Drive
When you launch the Google Drive application, you must ensure you login the correct details of the profile you used to store your photos.
Incorrect details won’t yield any positive results; instead, it makes all your effort futile.
Once you’ve successfully logged in your profile, open the file where your photos are stored.
Step 3: Find your desired photos.
Locate the photos your wish to download on your profile. When you find them, select each by tapping on three vertical dots icon underneath the image.
Note: Steps 4 and 5 require choosing the desired path where you want to store your photos. Step 4 allows you to store photos on a different app, and step 5 enables you to store your iPhone camera roll photos.
Step 4: Choose the path where you want to save your photos
After selecting your desired photos, you need to choose a path where you want them to be stored. Do this by taking the following steps:
Download the file to your iPhone: click Save to Files > Choose where you want the files to be stored > then Add
Open the file with another application: Open in > Select the file you want to use
Step 5: Save photos to your camera roll
After completing step three, you will find five options to choose ‘Send a copy’.
Depending on the file you wish to copy, you will receive a prompt asking you to save the image or save the video. Since you are concerned about your photos, click Save image.
The photos will save automatically on your iPhone. If it doesn’t, you must have disabled the options to print, download, or copy. Hence, you must ensure you authorize the given application to save your photos. You can authorize the application by tapping on Settings icons > Privacy > Photos then enable your Google Drive from here.
Method 2: Download Photos from Google Drive to iPhone on Computer
For this method, there are two steps involved to download your photos from Google Drive to your iPhone successfully.
These steps are listed below with a detailed explanation of each.
Step 1. Download the photos from Google Drive to PC
To download your stored photos from Google Drive to your PC, take the following steps:
- Visit the Google Drive website to access your profile.
- Login to your Google Drive profile by clicking on ‘Go to Google Drive’ and enter your details.
- Choose the files you wish to download from your Google Drive. To select multiple files, hold the CTRL-key on your keyboard while you click multiple files to choose as many files as possible. If you use Mac, the process is a bit different. Instead of the CTRL key on Windows, you use the CMD key.
- At the top right corner of the window, click the Menu icon to access more Actions.
- Tap Download button to download the photos from Google Drive to your computer. These photos are downloaded as a zipped file. To access them, you need to extract the file by right-clicking on you the file, then find ‘Extract’ option to convert the files to JPEG.
Step 2. Import photos from PC to iPhone using iTunes
You can transfer photos from your PC to your iOS device with iTunes. To accomplish this, take the following steps:
- Ensure that your images are organized into folders or subfolders for easy synchronization.
- With the aid of a lightning cable, connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac.
- Locate and launch iTunes from your device ( if should in case it doesn’t launch automatically ).
- At the top bar, click the iOS device icon, then click on the Photos tab. You will find a checkbox next to Sync Photos, click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, tap Choose folder.
- Select your desired folder. Click to either sync All folders or Selected folders. You can choose to include videos, but you can neglect that since you are concerned with photos.
- At the bottom right corner of your computer, click Sync.
Now you’ve successfully moved your photos to your iPhone without stress using iTunes.
Use either of the two methods listed above to successfully download your stored photos from Google Drive to your iPhone.