As a result, it is a critical task always to keep an up-to-date backup of all your data, including the contents of the messaging app. For example, if you are using Kik for your online communication, you must consider how to save Kik chat history because there is no built-in direct mechanism.
So, if you want to back up your chat history for data integrity or transfer Kik messages to a new phone, use MobileTrans because it takes care of many issues and allows you to transfer Kik messages to a new phone with a few clicks.
Part 1: Transfer Kik from iPhone to New iPhone by MobileTrans
Kik has gradually made its mark as one of the best applications for instant messaging, and it works on almost all platforms, including iPhone, Android, and Windows. However, customers are still not fully warmed up to the backup and recovery methods in the Kik messaging app. So, leaving that aside, let us find out how MobileTrans features as one for all data backup applications for your phone.
- Step 1: Download and install the MobileTrans application on your computer. After installation, launch the software.
- Step 2: After connecting the phone, go to Backup & Restore > App Backup & Restore. And here you have two choices, Backup and Restore.
- Step 3a: To back up the data, click the "Backup" button, and you will be able to see a pop-up window displaying a "Backup is complete" message when the process is complete. Depending on your data volume, it might take some time, and it is important to keep your device connected to the computer.
- Step 3b: Alternatively, when restoring the data, you will click the Restore button followed by the Start button. Again, wait for a while and keep your phone connected until you see the pop-up window showing the "Restoring is complete."
MobileTrans makes the process of backing up and restoring data, including contacts, calendars, text messages, photos, notes, videos, and chat history of various messaging applications. It is available for almost all platforms and various messaging apps.
Part 2: Transfer Kik from iPhone to New iPhone from Computer Backup
Computer backup is a reliable method, but you cannot guarantee complete data recovery. You will use Google Drive, iCloud, or any other backup method to back up your application data. As you can notice, this is a generic method. Kik deletes the chats when it reaches 500 messages on Android and 1000 on iPhone, so you need to back up your phone data before reaching this threshold if you want to copy all Kik messages to a new phone. This is how to save Kik chat history by being proactive.
Here is the complete guide on retrieving Kik messages on a new phone using this method.
- Connect your smartphone to a working computer using a USB cable.
- Open My Computer/This PC folder.
- Double-click on your smartphone icon.
- Select the folder you want to backup to your computer or online backup and transfer the files.
- When you want to restore your files, connect your new phone to the computer and copy the files from computer to phone.
It is undoubtedly an effective method, but people with necessary technical expertise may find it difficult, and files may get jumbled up.
Part 3: Transfer Kik from iPhone to New iPhone by Dropbox
Apart from backup and restore, Dropbox also works on syncing, so let us see how to save Kik chat history on Dropbox.
- Create a Dropbox account and install the application on your device.
- Launch the application and sign in to the Dropbox app on your iOS devices using your account.
- Click on the + icon.
- Browse your phone's internal storage and find the Kik chat history file within the Dropbox app.
- Upload the file on Dropbox.
- When you want to copy the files back to your new phone, locate the file in your Dropbox storage and select Download.
Again, be mindful of the files you are uploading, the locations where the files are located, and where you will restore them.
Kik is a reliable and easy-to-use messaging app, but how to save Kik chat history? So, you can resort to physically copying the chat history and other files to local or online backup options like Dropbox, Google Drive, or iCloud. However, the better, more reliable, and more convenient method is using a third-party app, MobileTrans. It is easy to follow, and you can use them as frequently as you want without any issues.