How to Insert SIM Card and Double Check Mobile Settings in Galaxy S21/S22
Written By Axel Nash |
That's a brilliant decision. These phones are sleek, powerful, and fun to use. But can you insert a SIM card and customize SIM settings on these phones? As dumb as it sounds, most users are green on this subject matter.
If you must enjoy a smooth experience during calls, browsing, and messaging, learning how to install a SIM card and customizing settings on your Galaxy S21 or S22 phone isn't an option. So in this post, I'll furnish you with the steps to insert and change SIM settings. That's not all; you'll learn to transfer all data from your old phone to your brand-new Samsung phone. Let's dig in!
Part 1. The supported SIM card size for Galaxy S21/S22
First and foremost, the Samsung Galaxy S21 series supports the convenient dual SIM model. In other words, this phone supports two nano-SIM cards that you can conveniently switch between. Each SIM card allows users to keep a separate contact list, block calls, messages, etc. And the new S22 series will house the same combination.
Meanwhile, the nano-SIM is the smallest of all physical SIM cards. It measures 12.30x0.67mm, which is way smaller than the 15.00x0.76 mm micro-SIM. The standard SIM is the largest, measuring 25.00X0.76mm. However, most high-end smartphones, including iPhones, use the nano-SIM setup.
But regardless of the SIM type, the network performance remains the same across most smartphones. Of course, the network speed and charges are hugely dependent on your network vendor and location. In short, a smaller SIM type only saves space!
Part 2. Does Galaxy S22 support eSIM, and how to use eSIM on Galaxy S21/S22?
Yes, both phones offer additional e-SIM support apart from the dual nano-SIM mode. An e-SIM is a SIM card like any other, just that it comes baked inside your new smartphone. Put, and it's not a SIM card that you can touch and see unless you tear up the phone. Today, more tablets, smartphones, and laptops embrace this technology as it's more convenient to use than traditional SIM cards.
But how does an e-SIM work? Simple, you only need to install the e-SIM profile provided by your network carrier. This makes e-SIM better than traditional SIM cards, being that you can easily switch between mobile network subscriptions. Popular e-SIM networks include T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Vodafone Idea, AT&T, Airtel, and Ubigi.
It's also worth saying that smartphones aren't the only devices that support e-SIMs. For example, smartwatches like Galaxy Watch and Apple Watch support cellular connection via e-SIM. Moreover, some laptops like Surface Pro 6 and Surface Pro 7 have e-SIM capabilities.
Ways to activate e-SIM on Samsung Galaxy S21/S22:
- Step 1. Open the Settings app and launch the SIM card manager window under Connections.
- Step 2. Next, press the Add mobile plan button and tap Ok. SIM 2 will automatically be disabled to allow room for e-SIM.
- Step 3. Tap Scan carrier QDR code and scan the code you got from your carrier network.
Part 3. How to insert, change, and use two SIM cards on Galaxy S21/S22?
So, you've finally paid top dollar for the dream Samsung Galaxy S21 or S21? Good! But with no SIM card inserted in Samsung, you can't enjoy the benefits of calling, texting, setting up chat apps, and so on. So, without wasting time, let's hunker down and learn how to put a SIM card in Samsung Galaxy S21 or Galaxy S21. Follow me!
How to put a SIM card in Samsung Galaxy S21/S22:
- Step 1. First, unbox the smartphone and get the SIM card tray ejector or pin. Then, go to the phone's bottom and eject the SIM tray.
- Step 2. You'll see SIM 2 and SIM 2 on the top and bottom sides of the SIM tray. So, insert your SIM 1 and SIM 2 and slot the tray back inside the phone.
- Step 3. Now fire up the phone and enter a SIM PIN, if any, to access the device. You can now head to the SIM card manager window, where you'll see your two active SIM cards.
How to change SIM card settings in Galaxy S21/S22:
- Step 1. After successfully inserting the SIM cards, open the Settings app and tap Connections.
- Step 2. Tap SIM card manager to view the inserted SIM cards with sliders next to each SIM. If you want to use or disable a single SIM, tap the toggle next to the SIM that you don't want to use.
- Step 3. Now scroll down to preset a SIM card for calls, messages, or mobile data. You can even personalize the SIM card color and name for seamless identity.
- Step 4. If successful, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the e-SIM setup.
Part 4. Different types of SIM card trays for Samsung phones?
So, what type of SIM trays can you find in a Samsung phone or any other smartphone for that matter? There are three main types of SIM trays. The first and the most common is the dual SIM tray, which you'll find on Galaxy S21 and S22 series. You'll get a space for SIM 1 at the top and a position for SIM 2 at the bottom in this compact model. So, insert your two SIMs and enjoy.
Some older Samsung phones use a single SIM setup. As the name hints, these phones can only support a single SIM card, which is inconvenient. And then, there is the hybrid SIM type, which supports a single/dual SIM and a microSD slot. This SIM card setup is better, although most smartphone developers no longer keep expandable external memories.
Part 5. Use MobileTrans to transfer phone data to Galaxy S21/S22
Are you convinced to buy the dual SIM Galaxy S21/S22 up to this point? But even at that, starting from scratch with things like call logs, messages, contacts, and apps on a new phone can be inconvenient. Therefore, get MobileTrans - Phone Transfer and backup and transfer SIM data from your old phone to your new Galaxy smartphone. With this Mac/Win software, you can backup data like call longs, blocklisted numbers, contact lists, messages, videos, photos, and so on. You can also backup and restore WhatsApp, WeChat, and other social apps.
Transfer WhatsApp from phone to phone With a few Clicks!
- • Transfer text messages/SMS, chat history, images, videos, emojis, and more from phone to phone.
- • Support transfer from Android to iOS, iOS to Android, Android to Android and iOS to iOS.
- • Backup phone data to computer and restore to another device when you need.
- • Support other social apps including WhatsApp Business, Viber, Line, Wechat and Kik.
Steps to backup and restore phone contacts, messages, and calls on Galaxy S21/S22 phone:
Step 1. Launch the phone to phone transfer tool.
Install and run MobileTrans and tap the Phone Transfer tab at the top. After that, click the Phone to Phone transfer tab.
Step 2. Connect the source and destination devices.
Now use a USB wire to connect your two devices to your PC. Then, open your phones' Settings app and enable USB debugging to connect them to MobileTrans. Don't worry, though, as this program will guide you on achieving that.
Step 3. Select the data to transfer and save them.
After a successful connection, select the data type to backup and restore. For example, you can transfer voice memos, contact blocklists, call logs, contacts, messages, etc. Finally, click Start, and move the selected files to your destination device.
Now you have a rough copy of what to do when you get the Samsung Galaxy S22 series. The thing is that dual SIM phones are very convenient, especially for persons with a busy calling schedule. You no longer have to go offline to insert a browsing SIM card into your phone. And if possible, add e-SIM support, which functions just like traditional SIM cards. Remember to use Wondershare MobileTrans to backup phone data and continue like you never bought a new phone.