How Amazing You Would Be for Using MDM Solutions?
Written By Nicola Massimo | Jul 05,2021
MDM (Mobile Device Management) solutions are specifically designed to achieve this goal. For people who don't know, MDM solutions are dedicated applications that help companies virtually monitor and control all the smartphones within the organizations. Even if you have circulated 1,000+ mobile phones in your organization, you can use a dedicated MDM solution to manage them.
We'll also share a few additional tips to help you choose the right MDM solution that best suits your company's structure and overall business goals. So, without any further ado, let's get started.
Part 1: Best Tips Ever: Top 10 MDM Solutions for Business
As of now, the market is stacked with a wide range of MDM tools, and each one of them offers different features. Due to the sheer availability, it can become challenging for any business owner to choose the right Mobile Device Management tool for their brand. But, to make your job easier, we've cherry-picked the best MDM solutions that you can use to manage all the mobility requirements in your organization.
These tools include:
1.1 AirWatch Workspace One
AirWatch Workspace One is among the most popular MDM solutions that can be used to manage both iOS and Android devices. You can configure all the devices in your organization using Apple Device Enrollment Program and Android zero-touch enrolment. After the devices are successfully enrolled, you can design policies to decide what features must be restricted on them.
One of the major benefits of using AirWatch Workspace One is that it allows the admin to divide the mobile phones into two different categories, i.e., Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and company-owned devices. This way, you'll be able to individually manage permissions/restrictions for both the categories and maintain a smooth work environment throughout the organization.
- Deploy multiple applications on the configured devices with a single click
- Manage both Android and iOS devices
- Create separate policies for both company-owned and employees' personal devices
- Airwatch Workspace One is only a cloud-based service, which means it won't be a suitable choice for large enterprises
- The setup process is quite complicated
- Even though AirWatch supports detailed reporting, it's not an easy process to generate the reports as you'll have to follow multiple steps
Simple MDM is one of the Apple iOS MDM solutions that's targeted to Apple's ecosystem only. If your organization uses iPhones, iPads, and Macbooks only, SimpleMDM would be a great MDM tool for your brand. The tool is specifically designed to manage Apple devices and offers a wide variety of features.
For instance, you can centrally control the apps and settings across all iDevices in your organizations using Simple MDM. In addition to this, you can also use SimpleMDM to authenticate different iDevices and share data privately without having to worry about data theft at all.
- Supports Apple's Volume Purchase Program
- Offers 30-day free trial for first-time users
- You can also lock or unlock lost iDevices remotely using SimpleMDM
- The UI may seem a bit intimidating for first-time users
- Doesn't support easy documentation
- Unlike other MDM solutions, SimpleMDM doesn't send any alerts regarding device health status
1.3 ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus
ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus is an all-in-one MDM solution that supports multiple operating systems. This means you can use ManageEngine to configure and manage different devices including PCs, laptops, Android phones, iOS devices, and even Macbooks.
ManageEngine has a well-designed dashboard that'll allow you to switch between all these operating systems and monitor both company-owned and employees' personal devices more easily. The best part is you can use ManageEngine to monitor up to 25 devices for free. This means if you run a startup and have less than 25 employees, you won't have to pay even a single penny to access ManageEngine's features.
- Supports different operating systems
- Remote troubleshooting allows the admin to remotely run diagnose on damaged devices and find the root cause of the problem
- Available as both on-premises and cloud MDM
- To generate custom reports, you must have in-depth knowledge of SQL
- The app deployment process may seem a bit tricky at first
1.4 Citrix Endpoint Management
Citrix Endpoint Management is a cross-platform MDM solution that offers support for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, and ChromeOS. Apart from the traditional MDM features, Citrix Endpoint Management primarily focuses on user behavior by analyzing different patterns.
The tool utilized Machine learning to track user patterns and ensure that your company's sensitive data stays within the office premises. In case there is a high-risk user behavior, Citrix Endpoint Management will even send alerts to the admin with detailed reporting. So, if you're looking for an MDM solution that offers 100% security, Citrix Endpoint Management is the right answer.
- Gain complete control over the enrolled devices
- Supports a wide range of operating systems
- Thanks to machine learning, the user behavior reports are detailed and highly accurat
- Citrix Endpoint Management doesn't offer fixed pricing and you'll have to contact the team to get a custom quote, which may get a bit expensive in some cases
- You can only enroll limited devices using Citrix Endpoint Management
- Defining configuration policies can be tricky for first-time users
Scalefusion is a cloud-based MDM solution that supports both iOS and Android devices. However, IT managers usually use Scalefusion to control Android devices in their organizations, mainly due to its extensive security support. With Scalefusion, you can make all the devices enter kiosk mode remotely and restrict users from accessing unnecessary apps and features.
In addition to this, the admin can also decide what settings and features the employees could use on their devices. And, since the dashboard is pretty user-friendly, you won't find it challenging to create dedicated configuration policies and monitor all the enrolled devices.
- Scalefusion is a decent choice for small-scale businesses
- Pocket-friendly prices
- Advanced Remote Control Features
- Being a cloud-based MDM solution, you can only configure limited devices using Scalefusion
- Being a cloud-based MDM solution, you can only configure limited devices using Scalefusion
1.6 IBM MaaS360
IBM MaaS360 is another popular enterprise mobile device management solution that many organizations use to track all the devices. The tool supports multiple operating systems including Android, iOS, Windows, etc., making it easier for IT managers to manage different types of devices using the same solution.
The major advantage of using IBM MaaS360 as your MDM solution is its ability to detect malware on all the enrolled devices. The tool comes with advanced security features that allow IT managers to run real-time scans on the devices and ensure they're free of any malware.
- Monitor real-time data usage of all the devices
- Remotely install new software updates across all the enrolled devices
- Extensive Customer Support
- Due to too many features, the web interface may seem a bit cluttered sometimes
- The remote wiping feature, especially for iDevices, doesn't work all the time
- If you don't add the right configuration policies, you'll end up receiving unnecessary alerts
Miradore is one of the cloud-based free MDM solutions for iOS and Android that's primarily targeted towards startups and mid-sized businesses. If you are looking for an MDM solution with good customer support and only want to enroll limited devices, Miradore would be worth considering.
The tool offers advanced security features, especially if you want to implement Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy in your organization. With its nifty selective wipe feature, you'll be able to erase all the company's data from an employee's device when he/she decides to leave the company.
- Remotely control passcodes and device encryption
- Wipe all the files on a stolen/lost device
- A great choice for organizations that run BYOD policies
- The free version comes with limited functionality and offers extremely low bandwidth
- The tool offers limited features for Android devices
1.8 Blackberry Unified Endpoint Management
Blackberry Unified Endpoint Management is a full-scale MDM solution that IT managers can use to enroll a wide range of IoT devices. The tool supports multiple operating systems, which means you'll be able to manage all the devices within the same application. Apart from distributing apps to the end devices, you can also use Blackberry Unified Endpoint Management to create user groups and manage the configuration policies more easily.
- User-Friendly Interface with Well-Designed Dashboard
- Easier to configure new devices in your network
- Remotely deploy software updates across all the devices
- Only available as cloud-based service
- Limited features for Apple devices
FleetSmith is a decent cloud-based MDM solution for small businesses and startups. Though the tool has comparatively low bandwidth, it offers all the security features to protect an organization's sensitive data. For instance, you can remotely configure passcodes and restrict functionality so that the scope for data theft becomes zero. If you're looking for a security-focused MDM solution for small businesses, FleetSmith will be the right answer. The only downside of FleetSmith is that it only supports iOS devices.
- Wide range of security features
- Zero-touch deployment
- Automatic support for software updates for the end devices
- Suitable for small businesses only
- Apart from iOS, FleetSmith doesn't support any other OS, which reduced its applications in the real world
1.10 Jamf Now
Jamf Now is also an exclusive Mobile Device Management solution for iOS devices only. With Jamf Now, you can create individual device groups and assign different policies for each group easily. This means even if you implement the BYOD policy in your organization, you'll be able to protect your company's sensitive information without any hassle. In addition to this, you can virtually release new software updates and install applications on the end devices using Jamf Now as well.
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Easy setup process
- Create different device groups to simultaneously manage company-owned and personal devices
- Supports cloud-based compatibility only
- Jamf Now is only available for iOS devices
Part 2: Final Thoughts On Choosing an MDM Solution
At this point, you already know that different MDM solutions offer different services. So, when it comes to choosing the right MDM tool for your organization, it'll be crucial to consider different factors. To keep the process simple, here are a few tips that'll help you make the right decision while looking for an MDM solution.
2.1 Decide Between Cloud-Based and On-Premises
You can either choose a cloud-based MDM solution or install the central server within the office premises. However, it's important to analyze your business requirements and then make the right decision accordingly. Even though cloud-based MDM solutions are comparatively cheaper, they can only be used to manage a limited number of devices. So, if you run a large-scale organization, it would be better to choose an on-premises MDM solution.
2.2 Types of End Devices
Another factor that'll help you pick the right MDM solution for your company is the type of devices you want to manage. For instance, if you are planning to implement the BYOD policy, it would be better to choose one of the cross-platform MDM solutions, considering each employee will own a different device. But, if you want to manage company-owned devices only, you could choose a cheaper OS-specific MDM toll as well.
2.3 Analyze Your Security Requirements
Each MDM solution offers different security features. While some tools are limited to passcode configurations, others also provide encryption-based security mechanisms. So, while choosing the right MDM solution, you must consider what type of security features you want. Of course, the more advanced features you get, the higher you'll have to pay for the monthly subscription of the dedicated MDM tool.
Part 3: An All-in-One Solution to Manage Multiple Mobile Devices
If you're looking for a feature-packed tool to manage your mobile devices and perform quick data transfers, we recommend using Wondershare MobileTrans. It's a dedicated desktop application that's primarily designed to help IT managers to transfer files between different mobile devices.
Thanks to its cross-platform compatibility, MobileTrans can be used to transfer data from Android to iOS and vice versa. With MobileTrans, you could transfer a wide variety of files including pictures, videos, and contacts. Furthermore, the tool also supports a dedicated Whatsapp transfer feature that'll allow you to transfer Whatsapp data from one device to the other.
Here are some of the features of Wondershare MobileTrans that make it the best tool to manage and transfer data between different mobile devices within your organization.
3.1 Supports Selective Data Transfer
The major advantage of Wondershare MobileTrans is selective data transfer. With MobileTrans, you could choose what types of files you want to transfer between the two devices. For instance, if you only want to share contacts, you can uncheck all the other options and only transfer contacts from one device to the other.
3.2 Whatsapp Transfer
When you're trying to switch to a different phone or purchase new mobile devices for your organization, transferring Whatsapp from the old device can become quite challenging, especially if the target device has a different OS. But, with MobileTrans's Whatsapp Transfer feature, you'll be able to transfer all your Whatsapp data from the old devices to the new ones. All you have to do is back up Whatsapp data to your computer and then restore it to the end devices using MobileTrans itself.
3.3 Backup and Restore
Another feature that makes MobileTrans a great tool for data transfer is its “Backup and Restore Feature”. If you want to create local backups to stay safe during unexpected data loss, MobileTrans will help you do the job easily.
The tool doesn't require any iTunes or iCloud credentials to create backups. By simply connecting your iPhone/iPad to the computer, you could create backups easily. After the backup process completes, you can also use MobileTrans to restore the backed-up data to other devices. Like iOS, you could also create backups on Android devices as well.
Key Takeaways from This Episode
- MDM business solutions have become a necessity for modern-day enterprises (both small-scale businesses and well-established companies).
- If you want to maximize security within your organization and streamline daily business operations, using an MDM solution will be helpful.
- So, follow the above-mentioned guide and choose the best MDM solution that caters to your specific business requirements.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data..