Export iCloud Contacts to vCard or CSV File: All Possible Ways
Written By Axel Nash |
Apple isn't friendly when it comes to transferring contacts from iCloud to CSV. Yes, users can only export iCloud contacts to vCard without any restrictions.
So, perhaps you're looking to transfer your iCloud contacts to other programs or you want to share them with friends who don't use an iOS device, you'll need to export the contact to a CSV file to make it accessible via other apps like Excel.
How can you export iCloud contacts to a vCard or CSV file? This guide will walk you through the step-by-step process to complete the task in different possible ways.
Part 1: Export iCloud Contacts to vCard File
There are two ways to export iCloud contacts to a vCard file - You can do this either via your iPhone Contacts app or by using icloud.com.
Here, we've explained the two different reliable methods you can try to export iCloud contacts to vCard file. So, read on.
Method 1: Share iCloud Contacts via Contacts App
Are you looking to share iCloud contacts with a family or friend via another app like Gmail? Then you can do so via the Contacts app. This method is quite straightforward and takes only a few taps to be executed. You can follow the steps below to get the job done correctly.
- Step 1: Firstly, you must sync iCloud contacts to your iPhone by doing the following;
Open the Settings app, click on your Profile, then select iCloud from the new page.
Locate Contacts, click the Toggle next to it and click on Merge from the pop-up to sync your iCloud contacts to your phone.
- Step 2:After you've successfully synced iCloud contacts to your iPhone, open the Contacts app on your iPhone, then click on "Contacts" at the bottom of the screen to access all iCloud contacts.
- Step 3: Select the preferred contact you want to export to the vCard file, then click "Share Contact".
- Step 4: Select "Mail"from the Menu list that shows up on your screen. And send the contacts to your friends "Gmail" as a vCard file.
Now they can download the contacts and export to their phones.
Method 2: Export iCloud Contacts using iCloud.com
You can also export iCloud contacts to a vCard file using icloud.com. Unlike the Contacts App, iCloud allows you to send all contacts in one click and the process is quite simple.
- Step 1: Visit icloud.com on your PC or mobile device and log in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and the password.
- Step 2: Click on Contacts icon, then from the new page, click on the Gear icon at the bottom left corner of the screen as select "Select All" next.
- Step 3: Finally, click on the Gear icon again, this time, select "Export vCard" to save your contacts to the PC.
Part 2: Export Contacts from iCloud to CSV File
As stated earlier, Apple isn't friendly when it comes to exporting contacts from iCloud to CSV files. So, in this case, it might be almost impossible if you don't have any idea on how to execute the task.
That being said, we've discussed some helpful methods that you can employ to export contacts from iCloud to CSV file without hassle.
Method 1: Import iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts
Google contacts support both vCard and CSV formats, and since you can access Google contacts via browser, you can just import iCloud contacts to vCard, then export vCard to Google contacts.
- Step 1: Firstly, launch the Settings app on your iPhone and turn on iCloud contacts by doing the following;
Tap on your Profile > select iCloud > turn on the toggle next to Contacts.
- Step 2: Up next, turn on your PC and visit icloud.com via the browser then sign into your iCloud account.
- Step 3: Find Contacts icon and click on it > locate the the Gear icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen, then click "Select All"
- Step 4: Click on the Gear icon, select "Export vCard" this time to save contacts to your PC.
- Step 5: Launch Google contacts website on your browser and login into your Google account.
- Step 6: Navigate to the left side of the page and click on "Import Contacts" > Select "Choose File".
- Step 7: Now, upload the vCard you saved on your PC, then click on the Import button. Your contacts will be imported to Google contacts, and can be shared as CSV files from there.
Method 2: Using Online Converter
In case you're unaware, there are online converter tools that you can employ to convert vCard to CSV files.
One of such online tools that converts vCard to CSV efficiently is Aconvert. This tool is quite straightforward and it has a clean interface that makes it easy to use by anyone including non-tech savvy.
So, once you have exported your iCloud contacts to vCard, all you need to do is to upload the vCard file to the online tool and the file will be converted to CSV in a few minutes.
- Step 1: Visit Aconvert's official website.
- Step 2: Add the vCard file you want to convert to CSV. You can either upload files from your computer, Google Drive, or Dropbox. Then select the "Target Format" as CSV.
- Step 3: Lastly, click on Convert Now to convert vCard to CSV. Once the conversion process is finalized, download the output file to your device.
Part 3: Export iCloud Contacts to Android
If you've just switched to a new Android device and you want to export iCloud contacts, you can easily transfer your iCloud contacts using data sharing software like MobileTrans.
MobileTrans is a very effective tool with lots of sophisticated features that facilitate data sharing from one device to another.
With MobileTrans, you can transfer data such as contacts, videos, photos, messages, and many more (18+ types of data), from phone to phone, iCloud to phone, or even phone to computer. The tool is a real powerhouse for anyone, it doesn't matter if you're tech-savvy or not.
Export Contacts from iCloud to Any Android Phone
- Restore photos, videos, contacts, notes, calendar events and reminders that sync to iCloud before.
- Support restore iCloud photos to your own iPhone and the iOS device that is using another Apple ID.
- Even supports restore iCloud data to over 6000 Android devices.
- Boast best data privacy protection and it doesn't compromise user data.
How to Export iCloud Contacts to Android Using MobileTrans Software
The first thing you should do is install MobileTrans on your computer from the official website.
- Step 1: Start the MobileTrans app Connect your Android phone to the PC > Click on "Phone Transfer" from the home page, then select "iCloud to iPhone" from the displayed options.
- Step 2: You'll be required to sign in to your iCloud account - Do so using your correct login details.
- Step 3: A verification code will be sent to your iPhone to authorize login - Enter the Code to proceed.
- Step 4: Locate Contacts under Data Category and click on it, then select the Contacts you want to export from iCloud to Android.
After you've selected the preferred contacts, click on "Restore to Device".
- Step 5: Click the Start button on the new page to start exporting contacts from iCloud to Android.
- Step 6: MobileTrans will export iCloud contacts to your Android in a few minutes. You can disconnect your device once the operation is completed!
Now you can access your iCloud Contacts on your Android phone. Try MobileTrans to transfer your iCloud contacts now.
There's no better way to export iCloud contacts to vCard or CSV except using the methods explained on this page. As you've seen, the steps are quite straightforward and you don't require technical knowledge to understand them.
You can also export iCloud contacts to any Android phone directly by using the advanced MobileTrans data sharing tool.