If it had not already been known to you, then it is news that BYOD policies are becoming increasingly popular amongst businesses across the world. A lot of businesses have realized the benefits and convenience of employees using their own devices for business operations and tasks.
Let us now take an in-depth look into BYOD and MDM before we head on to the best practices that can be adopted by enterprises for maximum ROI and profitability.
Part 1: What Does BYOD Really Mean & What Is the Difference Between BYOD and MDM?
BYOD MDM solutions and best practices are being implemented by global enterprises and even smaller businesses as they have turned out to be really effective for business productivity, resource management and returns great ROI.
Although BYOD can be extremely useful and effective, you need to keep device and access management in mind and integrate a BYOD MDM policy likewise.
1. What Is BYOD?
BYOD, the abbreviation for the term "Bring Your Own Device" is a policy or system adopted by businesses where the employees can use their personal devices for various kinds of business operations.
An instance of BYOD can be the case where a business asks its employees to use their own cell phones to make business calls. Not just that, BYOD can enable employees to use any kind of personal devices for work, ranging from laptops to smartphones or tablets, and access and work within the corporate network.
2. What Is MDM?
MDM is the abbreviation for Mobile Device Management. MDM is a form of security technology or management system that ensures the administration of mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablet computers, and laptops within an organization's corporate network.
3. Which Solution Is Right for Your Business?
With BYOD in trend, enterprises have different kinds of mobile devices active within the organization's network. This has made mobile device management extremely essential for enhanced data security and productivity.
MDM solutions can enable IT, admins, to seamlessly configure enterprise-grade security policies on all kinds of mobile devices. MDM is usually implemented by using a third-party product with the relevant management features for particular kinds of mobile devices. That being said, both BYOD and MDM are extremely essential for enterprises.
Any enterprise adopting BYOD MDM solutions must be well-aware of all the details, implications, and best practices to ensure the best ROI and security and to successfully achieve their business goals.
Part 2: 3 Reasons About Why You Should Manage BYOD Devices That Experts Won't Tell You
When it comes to implementing a BYOD policy, as said earlier, there are a lot of things that need to be kept in mind. These reasons are like open secrets in the industry and if you do not already know about here they are.
1. It is advised that any enterprise must allow its employees to use their personal devices for organizational tasks only after they have a solid BYOD management plan in place.
2. Wonder about a situation where 3 employees working in your firm have 3 different mobile devices. The three of them used a tablet, a smartphone, and a laptop respectively.
3. You surely would not want to pay huge amounts for legal obligations and would surely want to stay within the legal bounds.
Part 3: How to Combine MDM and BYOD (The Only Guide You'll Ever Need)
1. The Evolution of BYOD and MDM
"BYOD", "MDM", "MAM" are some of the most trending abbreviations in the enterprise world and more and more global businesses are implementing these systems and policies in their network. Over the years, BYOD and MDM have evolved magnificently. With the evolving needs of modern businesses as well as the changing technologies and devices, BYOD and MDM have transformed significantly.
2. How Specific Solutions Allow for a Balance Between Personal and Corporate Needs?
For a complete, efficient, and effective BYOD system, it is important to have specific and clearly defined BYOD MDM solutions to ensure foolproof BYOD management. Enterprises must include provisions that include everything starting from onboarding the devices, to ensuring that the devices contain all the required policies, apps as well as content for seamless operations.
3. Why Employees Should Be Asking for Better BYOD Solutions?
When it comes to employee satisfaction and productivity, there's nothing better than BYOD and MDM for any enterprise-level organization. Not only does it ensure that the employees are more comfortable and familiar with the devices they work on, but when you are working on your own device it automatically increases your efficiency and productivity. This means it can also help you get better earning opportunities.
4. Combining MDM and BYOD
Combining BYOD and MDM is the first step to simplify corporate devices and BYOD management from a single console. Combining these two, through a BYOD MDM solution can be the perfect way to enhance BYOD security and protect corporate data on employees' devices.
These solutions can help in the following ways:
❶ Quick and easy onboarding.
❷ Effective management of personal devices.
❸ Securing all kinds of corporate data without compromising the ease of data access.
❹ Configuration of access and security policies.
❺ Management of corporate apps.
❻ Employee device maintenance and security.
Key Takeaways from This Episode
● All that being said, we hope that any entrepreneur and enterprise looking to implement BYOD MDM policy will surely have all their queries answered through this article.
● In this article, we have discussed all the details about BYOD and MDM including the most important points and best practices of BYOD MDM solutions.
● From the basic definitions of BYOD and MDM to their utility, importance as well the reasons to have BYOD and MDM in place.
● From security concerns to enhancing productivity, this article is the perfect guide for enterprises looking to implement BYOD for MDM access and management and getting the best ROI!