4 Verified Methods to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Samsung S20
Written By Axel Nash | Feb 27,2020
A friend of mine recently asked me this as he wanted to transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung, which made me realize that a lot of people encounter issues like this. When we get a new smartphone, the first thing that we wish to do is the transfer of our contacts, photos, and so on.
Since iPhone and Samsung devices run on different platforms, it can be a bit complicated to transfer your data. Don’t worry – I’m here to teach you how to transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung S20 in this detailed post.
Part 1: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Samsung S20 by One Click
To start with, I’m going to discuss one of the easiest and fastest ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung. Whenever someone asks me can I transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung, I tell them about this tried-and-tested solution.
MobileTrans is a lightweight and user-friendly application that is developed by Wondershare and provides a wide range of features. Using it, you can directly transfer your photos from one phone to another, irrespective of the platform it runs on.
- • You can transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung with a single click. This would include Camera Roll pictures, downloaded photos, and other images.
- • Apart from photos, you can also transfer videos, audios, documents, contacts, messages, call logs, and so much more.
- • The application can also be used to backup and restore your phone’s data as well as the content of social apps like WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, LINE, etc.
- • Using MobileTrans, you can also transfer WhatsApp data from one phone to another (like iPhone to Samsung).
- • MobileTrans runs on leading Mac and Windows versions and is compatible with every leading iOS/Android model (supporting cross-platform transfer).
To learn how to transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung using MobileTrans – Phone Transfer, the following steps can be taken.
- Firstly, install MobileTrans on your Windows/Mac system and launch it whenever you wish to transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung.
- From its welcome screen, launch the Phone Transfer module. Also, connect your iOS and Samsung phones to it using working connecting cables.
- The application will detect your phones and would display their snapshot on the screen. Kindly make sure that iPhone is the source and Samsung S20 is the destination device here. If not, use the “Flip” button to correct the placement and from the list of the supported data types, select “Photos”.
- Apart from “Photos”, you can select any other data that you wish to move as well. To clear the Samsung phone’s existing data, you can enable the optional feature of “Clear data before copy” too.
That’s it! Now just click on the “Start” button and simply wait for a few minutes as your photos would be moved from iPhone to Samsung successfully. When the process is completed, you will be notified, so that you can safely remove both the devices from the system.
Part 2: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Samsung S20 with a Computer and USB
If your aim is to only transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung, then you can do it manually as well. In this, we will first transfer pictures from iPhone’s storage to a local computer and would later move it to Samsung’s storage. Needless to say, it would take a lot of time and will mostly let you transfer Camera Roll pictures (and not app photos). To learn how do I transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung manually, just follow these steps.
- Using a working lightning cable, just connect your iPhone to your computer and let it be detected.
- Go to the Explorer to find your iPhone connected under the list of the external devices. Open it and browse to its Internal Storage > DCIM folder to manually copy your photos to a secure location on your computer.
- Afterward, disconnect your iPhone safely and connect your Samsung S20 to the system using a USB cable.
- Again, open the Samsung phone’s storage from the Explorer and go to its DCIM folder. Copy the transferred pictures from your computer’s storage and copy them to your S20 instead.
Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Samsung S20 with Samsung Smart Switch
To make it easier for us to move our data from an existing iOS or Android device to a new Samsung, the company has come up with a dedicated app – Smart Switch. A while back, I used Smart Switch to learn how can I transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung as well. If you want, you can connect your iPhone to Samsung using a USB-to-lightning adapter or just extract data from an iCloud backup. Here’s a stepwise tutorial on how to transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung using the Smart Switch app.
Method 1: To Transfer Photos from an iCloud Backup
- Beforehand, make sure that you have taken a backup of all the photos on iCloud by visiting your iPhone’s iCloud settings and enabling the iCloud backup option.
- Now, launch Smart Switch on your S20 and choose to transfer data from an iOS device. From here, select the method to restore an iCloud backup.
- Afterward, you can just log-in to the same iCloud account where your backup is stored and select an appropriate backup file.
- In the end, just select the type of data you wish to restore (photos in this case) and import it on your Samsung S20.
Method 2: Transfer Photos directly from iPhone
Part 4: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Samsung S20 with Dropbox
You might already know that Dropbox is a popular cross-platform cloud service that lets us save our data on its cloud. In this way, you can upload pictures from your iPhone, keep them safe on Dropbox, and download them on your Samsung S20. Though, you should know that Dropbox only provides 2 GB of cloud storage for free. Therefore, if you have a lot of pictures to move, then you would have to get a premium account. Also, it will take a lot of time and network data to upload/download so many pictures this way.
- To transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung, you need to first install and launch Dropbox on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on the “+” icon from its home to add something. From the provided options, choose to Upload Photos.
- Go to the location where your photos are stored and tap on the “Upload” button to save them on Dropbox.
- Once the photos are successfully uploaded on Dropbox, you can install the app on your S20 and log-in to the same account.
- Launch the Dropbox app and go to your Account > Photos section. You can also browse the app and select the photos you wish to download from here.
- After selecting the photos, go to their more options, and tap on the “Save to Device” feature to download them.
Now when you know how to transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung in 4 different ways, you can easily fulfill your requirements. Since options like Smart Switch or Dropbox can consume a lot of time, it is recommended to go with a professional tool like MobileTrans – Phone Transfer. With just a single click, it will let you transfer photos from iPhone to Samsung and different other data types as well. Furthermore, it can also let you backup your device or even restore it. Also, you can use it to backup, restore, and transfer WhatsApp data directly from one phone to another in a jiffy.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS and Windows phone.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, canlenda, voice mail and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones including iPhone, Smasung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi and more.
- Work with Android 9.0 and iOS 13.