Currently, Snapchat has created and released new features that are comparable with other social media. These features gave them more users now, but a few are still not aware of what features Snapchat has. We will share with you all of the hacks and features that you might have missed while using Snapchat.
- Tip #1: How to make voice/video calls on Snapchat?
- Tip #2: How to view Snapchats without others knowing?
- Tip #3: How to turn on Dark Mode on Snapchat?
- Tip #4: How to tell if someone unfriends; you on Snapchat?
- Tip #5: How to add music to Snapchat Story?
- Tip #6: How to get App Appearance on Snapchat?
- Tip #7: How to increase or decrease time on Snapchat?
- Tip #8: How to Get Someone Off Your Best Friends List on Snapchat?
- Tip #9:How to draw with emojis on Snapchat?
- Tip #10: How To Create Your Own Snapchat Filters Lenses?
- Tip #11: How To Create Custom Stickers?
- Tip #12: How To Add Effects to Your Text?
- Tip #13: How To Change The Colors of Your Text?
- Tip #14: How To Show Your Website Link in Your Snaps?
- Tip #15: How To Use Multiple Filters At Once?
- Tip #16: How To Use The Timeline Mode?
- Tip #17: How To See Your Friends on Snap Map?
- Tip #18: How To Solve Mathematics Problems?
- Tip #19: How To Play The Games on Snapchat?
- Tip #20: How To Change the Speed of Your Video?
- Tip #21: How To Change to Travel Mode?
In March 2016, Snapchat released this feature where you can make a voice or video call to your friends, similar to other social media applications. This feature was one of the biggest changes that Snapchat made to its application. This feature is helpful if you want to get in touch with your friends on Snapchat and do not need to go to other applications just to send them a message or do a video call.
- Step 1: Open the Snapchat application and go to your friend's conversation.
- Step 2: You can look for the phone to make a phone call and the video recorder icon to make a video call.
- Step 3: To make a phone call, you need to tap on the video or call icon. Once you tap the icon, it will start ringing on your friend's phone. After a few seconds of ringing, and if they don't answer, it will automatically ask you if you would like to send a short voice or video recording to your friend instead.
The advantage of being able to view your friends' snaps is that the receiver will know whether you have seen them or not. However, let's say that you want to view your friend's snap or message without them knowing. You can do that on Snapchat by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Open the Snapchat application and go to the "Conversation" tab to see your new snaps.
- Step 2: Wait for the snap to fully load until you see the pink square that says "New Snap."
- Step 3: After, you will put your phone on "Airplane Mode" to fully disconnect from the internet.
- Step 4: Go back to the Snapchat application, and you should be able to view your friend's snap.
If you like to use your phone before sleeping, then you have to make sure that you have the "Dark Mode" enabled. It helps you to use your phone in the dark without straining your eyes.
We have an article titled "What Is Dark Mode And How To Enable Dark Mode On Snapchat", which will show you the steps on how to enable this feature in Snapchat which is applicable for both iOS and Android phones.
Snapchat is not the same as other social media platforms where you can quickly know who is still friends with you. In Snapchat, you can still send snaps to those you have not added, but there is a way to find out if someone removes you on Snapchat.
You can find out if you have a friend that unadded you by going to check their Snapchat score. If you can still see their score, you are still friends, but if you do not see any score, they have unfriended you in Sanachat.
Another cool feature that you can do on Snapchat is to add music to your Snapchat stories to make them more attractive for your viewers to see.
- Step 1: Take a photo or video snap on your phone via the Snapchat application.
- Step 2: On the right side of the screen, you will see the "Music" icon, and you can tap on that.
- Step 3: Choose the music you want to use and tap on it. Then you will select which part of the music you want to use and then tap on the checkmark to save.
Another great thing about Snapchat is that they create new user-friendly features which all of their users love. Last year, they came up with the option to change the application's appearance for an effective and enhanced user interface. You can follow the steps to access this feature.
- Step 1: Go to the Snapchat application and go to your Profile.
- Step 2: Then click on the "Settings" icon and go to "My Account."
- Step 3: Scroll to the bottom of the list and tap on "App Appearance," and from there, you can choose to enable dark mode.
The thing with sending snaps on Snapchat, they will automatically disappear after the receiver sees them. At times, it will be too short or too long, and you would want to change the timing for the snap you sent. This is also possible on Snapchat, and you can follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Take a photo or video snap on the Snapchat application.
- Step 2: On the right side of the screen, look for the "Timer" icon and tap on it.
- Step 3: Select the time you want and click on the back arrow. Then you can send your snap.
Having a best friends list is a great way to know the most contacts you are in contact with. There is no option to get someone out of your best friends list, but you can hide the list for your privacy.
- Step 1: Go to your Profile in the Snapchat application and click on "Settings."
- Step 2: For iOS users, go to "Manage" and choose "Friends Emoji." For Android users, click on "Customize Emojis."
- Step 3: Then, you can change the emoji that corresponds to your friends' list.
This is a simple yet useful hack in Snapchat to make your stories look great. You can add emojis to your stories by using the "Emoji Brush" located on the pencil icon. From there, you can choose the emojis that you want to put in your story.
This is a great hack for marketers or just for normal users because you can create your geofilters on Snapchat. Maybe it is for a special occasion or promoting a product or brand. It is possible to make your filters. You can send your custom geofilters at http://geofilters.snapchat.com.
You can create stickers out of the photos you have taken on Snapchat. Maybe this photo was something memorable or is a beautiful photo that you want to share, and you can create your sticker out of it on Snapchat.
- Step 1: Go to the Snapchat application.
- Step 2: Take a snap or use any photos you have in your file.
- Step 3: You can then click on the "Scissors" icon on the right side and use it to trace the photo you want to make a sticker.
- Step 4: You can no2 save it as a sticker.
Adding text effects to your story can be done in just a few steps. Text effects will help to make your stories stand out.
- Step 1: After taking the snap, you can click on the "T" icon.
- Step 2: Choose the effect that you want to use for your text.
In Snapchat, you can change the colors of your texts. It is another way to make your stories beautiful and eye-catching. If you want to have different colors for each text, then you need to type each letter or word and choose the color that you want.
Adding a website to your stories is also possible and a great to promote your new website or if you want to just share a link with your friends. After taking a snap, you can go to the "Paper Clip" icon on the right side of the screen, and then you can attach your link there.
With Snapchat, you can choose up to 3 filters when taking a snap video or story. You can follow the steps on how to do that below.
- Step 1: First, you need to apply the first filter and then hold the photo as it will lock the first filter.
- Step 2: Make sure your finger is still on the screen. With your other finger, you can swipe to choose the second filter.
- Step 3: You can do the steps above the apply the third filter for your snap.
Here is another secret trick that not all users know, the Timeline Mode. With Timeline Mode, you can compile different photos and videos using the Snapchat application. There is no need for you to download another app just to compile all of your photos and videos.
You can track where your friends are on Snapchat's Snap Map. You can go to Snap Map by clicking on the "Map" icon on the left side of the side. Then, you will be able to see where your friends are currently.
Yes, you read that right! Snapchat has a feature that allows you to solve your math homework for yourself. You just need to take a photo of the problem and let Snapchat do the solving, and share the correct answer with you.
You can kill some time by playing one of the games offered on Snapchat. You can access the game by following the steps below.
- Step 1: While in the camera, you can tap on the "Smiley" icon on the screen.
- Step 2: Swipe and you can browse the list of games that you can play by yourself or with a friend.
Snapchat has a feature that allows you to change the speed of your videos. You can change it to slow, fast, or rewind. Follow the steps below on how to change it.
- Step 1: You can take a snap video using the Snapchat application.
- Step 2: Swipe to select what speed you want to use for your videos.
Using Travel Mode in Snapchat, save your battery usage and data for your phone. In this mode, all the snaps will not automatically download, and you can choose the ones that you want to load. You can access Travel Mode by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Go to "Settings" and choose "Manage."
- Step 2: Then choose "Additional Services" and toggle the "Travel Mode" on from here.
We hope that all of the 21 tips and tricks that we have shared above will help your experience with using Snapchat be more fun and interesting. You can make your stories or snaps stand out by changing the text styles or adding music to your snaps before sending them to your friends. You can unleash your creative side by playing with all the features on Snapchat. You can also share this article with your friends who have Snapchat accounts so they can also explore the wonders and the features of the Snapchat application.