How to Transfer Apps from Android to Android?
Written By Axel Nash | May 22,2020
A switchover to a new phone can be troublesome, and an Android user is very likely to wonder how to transfer apps from android to android. You would want to make sure that all your data and apps are comfortably over your new phone.
Android typically has a tight integration with cloud services. But there are nevertheless some ways in which the data can be transferred with ease from the old phone on to the new one. A few of the top methods available for transferring apps from Android to Android include using third party software, via NFC and via Bluetooth. Let us take a closer look at the top amongst those:
Part 1. Transfer Apps from Android to Android with One click
This can be accomplished by using MobileTrans - Phone Transfer, which can help you transfer contacts, messages, music, photos, apps and other data from your old phone to new with a single click. This is irrespective of the kind of phone you are switching to, Android or iPhone.
Transfer Apps from Android to Android Eaisly
- Transfer data including apps, photos, videos, music, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, messages, notes, and so much more.
- Compatible with 8000+ devices running Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
- Support transferring between two different phones running different operating system.
- Transfer speed is fast without network.
Learn about step by step guide to transfer apps from Android to Android:
- Install and launch MobileTrans on your computer. Select the "Phone Transfer" module.
- Connect two Android phones to the computer. Wait until your two phones are detected. After that, please tick "Apps" and click "Start".
- Wait for a few minutes, all of your Apps on your old Android phone will be moved to the new Android phone.
Please note if you want to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android, please try WhatsApp Transfer feature of MobileTrans. It not only can help you move the App to your new Android phone, but also transfer the chat history, photos, documents.
Part 2. How to transfer apps from Android to Android via NFC
NFC is near field communication. One can transfer content amongst Android phones wirelessly by pushing them back to back, using Android Beam.
Android beam comes by as the finest of alternatives for sharing apps amongst Android phones and tablets. They can alternately be used to share photos, videos, maps and webpages.
However, one has to make sure that either of the phones has integrated NFC hardware and support Android Beam. A number of phones have an inbuilt NFC support. They include Amazon Firephone, Apple iPhone S, XR, XS and XS max, Samsung Galaxy S10 and Pixel 3.
Step 1: Check if two phones are NFC support
- In order to check for NFC support, open the settings screen over your device. Under Wireless & Networks, tap More.
- If NFC and Android Beam are present, they will show. If the features are disabled, enable them. Repeat the processes over either device to ensure that they both support NFC.
Step 2: Share an app from your older Android phone to the new on
- Open App page over Google Play.
- The next step is to beam the content. This is done by using Android Beam. Either of the Android devices must be powered on and unlocked in order to accomplish the same.
- Press the devices back to back.
- When the NFC connection is established, you will hear a sound.
- A touch to beam appears over the screen, and so does an animated background.
- When you touch an item over the screen, it appears over the other phone’s screen.
Part 3. Transfer Apps from Android to Android via Bluetooth
Apps can also be transferred from one Android phone to the other by using APK files, over Bluetooth. APK stands for Application Package. This is characteristically a package file format that the Android operating system uses.
APK files help accomplish tasks such as installation and distribution of middleware and mobile apps. Let us take a look at the steps for transferring apps from one Android phone to another by using APK extractor:
Step 1: Download APK Extractor app
- Over your sending Android phone, download and install the APK extractor app. This is available over the Google Playstore.
- If the app is already present, make sure it is the latest version.
Step 2: Start to send apps via APK Extractor
- Open the APK Extractor app over your phone.
- In order to open the APK extractor app, figure out the APK extractor icon over the Apps menu. This opens up a list of all available apps.
- Next to the app you would like to send, tap the burger menu. The options show up in a new pop-up window.
- In order to enable access for the APK extractor app, tap on allow.
- Select share in the pop-up menu. The sharing options will now open up over a new menu.
- Next, you need to choose a sharing method. You can transfer the app using Bluetooth, use other apps such as WhatsApp or send it over e-mail.
- You’d come across your contact list. So make sure that an id present over your new Android phone is present over the contact list.
- Tap this id over your Bluetooth list.
- This extracts the APK file of the selected list. It is then sent to your receiver Android phone.
- Over your receiver Android phone, you would be able to run the APK and install the app.
Part 4. How to Transfer Apps from Android to Android for free
If you're using Samsung phones, you can transfer apps from android to android for free by using Samsung Smart Switch. Please note Samsung smart switch feature will work only if you are transferring the data from your old Android phone to a Samsung Galaxy device.
For a wireless transfer, the sending Android device must run Android 4.0 or higher. Similarly for a wired transfer, it must be running on Android 4.3 or higher.
Wondering over ways to transfer apps from android to android for free using Samsung smart switch? Let us take a look at the steps to accomplish the same:
- Make sure that the Samsung Smart Switch app is installed over both the phones.
- Over the home screen, tap over the Smart Switch icon.
- Review the requested permissions and tap on Start. The next step in line is to set up the transfer.
- Over the old Android phone, tap on Send data.
- The two methods for transferring the data are to send it wirelessly or send it over cable. Both methods perform well. Let us first see how to send the data wirelessly.
- Over the Get Connected screen, tap Wireless.
- Now we need to connect your old Android phone and your new Samsung Galaxy phone wirelessly. So open Smart Switch over your new device and over the new device tap YES.
- If they don’t connect otherwise, use a PIN to connect them manually. Move the devices closer and keep them free from obstructions. They transfer data wirelessly at high frequency sound.
- Before the next step, we will see the method to establish a wired connection in between the two phones using a USB cable.
- Over the Get Connected screen, tap on cable.
- Connect the devices using a USB cable and a connector if required.
- Next, tap on Receive data over your new phone
- The steps that follow are common for both ways of transferring data, wirelessly or using a USB cable.
- Over the older phone, choose what to send and tap on Send
- Over the new phone, receive the content by tapping on Receive.
- This accomplishes the transfer. After you are done, tap Done over both devices
How to send the data wirelessly:
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data..