You can conveniently make audio and video calls on the desktop version of WhatsApp in both portrait and landscape orientation. At present, this feature is available for one-to-one calls but the platform plans to initiate end-to-end encrypted group calls on the desktop version as well.
Let’s get started and know more about WhatsApp web video calls with the help of this article.
Part 1: Voice or video call on WhatsApp desktop
Here are the essential requirements of making a WhatsApp audio call or video call on a desktop.
- The most recent and latest version of WhatsApp web available on your Windows PC or Mac. MacOS 10.13 or higher and Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and newer ones are compatible with WhatsApp desktop call.
- Stable audio as well as microphone output device
- Active and stable internet connectivity of your desktop as well as phone. The calls made through PC won’t be successful if the internet quality of your phone is not stable
- A premium quality camera for video call
- Provide access to WhatsApp desktop to make use of your system’s camera and microphone.
Part 2: Making a WhatsApp Audio Call Over Desktop
Here’s a detailed guideline on how to make WhatsApp audio calls on a desktop.
Step 1: Login on the WhatsApp desktop app on your system.
Step 2: Open WhatsApp on your phone, Click on Settings followed by WhatsApp Web/Desktop and scan the QR code on your phone.
Step 3: Tap on the particular chat with the individual you want to make an audio call to.
Step 4: Tap on the voice call icon and your call will be connected.
Part 3: Making a WhatsApp Web Video Call
Follow these steps to make a successful WhatsApp video call on PC.
Step 1: Open the desktop app on your Windows or Mac.
Step 2: Scan the QR code by following simple steps(open WhatsApp on your phone, tap on settings, and then WhatsApp web/desktop)
Step 3: Tap on the individual chat from your contact list that you want to connect with.
Step 4: Click on the video call icon to make your call.
Part 4: How to switch between a voice call and video call using WhatsApp desktop
You can easily switch to a video call during an ongoing audio call on the WhatsApp desktop by following these simple steps.
Step 1: During an ongoing voice call, hover over the visible camera icon.
Step 2: Click on the icon, after which the individual you’re on a call with will get an option to switch the call to video call.
Step 3: As soon as they click on OK, your audio call will be switched to video call.
Part 5: Transfer WhatsApp data to different device in 1 click
There are many third-party software that helps you restore and backup files that you might want to excess later. Although not all these software have a user-friendly interface and you have to go through a complex set of steps to finally backup. A person with very little technical know-how can struggle to keep up with the instructions.
We would recommend our readers to check out Mobiletrans to transfer, backup, and restore WhatsApp.
Here are some very important things that you can easily do when you use MobileTrans.
- You can easily transfer data between two devices running on the different operating systems, Android or iOS.
- Back up WhatsApp files, chats, audio files, videos, and much more to your computers.
- A hassle-free way of restoring your WhatsApp backups files to devices.
- Support other social apps like Kik, Viber, Wechat & LINE
- You can even use it with WhatsApp Business App.
If you’ve been stressing yourself out wondering how to make audio and video calls on WhatsApp web, then hopefully this article might provide you with all the answers. Keep in touch with your loved ones and feel no distance with WhatsApp Web audio and video calls.