Communicating with people from everywhere has never been so easy especially in this modern world that we currently live in. Sending a message can be done with a few taps in our phone and the receiver will receive it in real-time. It has now become a norm for all of us to have different communication applications such as Whatsapp. Whatsapp makes it easy for us to add our friends and begin chatting with them by just having their phone numbers.
Another good thing about using applications such as Whatsapp is that you can send your messages to multiple contacts. A great example of this is receiving some good news for yourself which is already good by itself. but do you know what is better? If you can share these with your loved ones and friends. There are multiple ways that you can do this on Whatsapp and we will show you how in this article.
Method 1: Send a Message to Multiple Contacts on WhatsApp By Creating a Group
The first method that we will be talking about is how to send a message to a few contacts by creating a group on Whatsapp. This is one of the easiest methods to follow if you want to send the same message to a few of your contacts. . Below are the steps that you can follow to create a group and send a message.
- Step 1: In Whatsapp, click the “Chats” tab. After that, you can tap on the “New Message” icon.
* For iOS users, the icon looks like a sheet of paper with a pen on it.
* For Android users, it will look like a speech bubble.
- Step 5: You will then be asked to create a name for your group. In this step, you can also add a photo for the group by tapping on the “Camera” icon. Then tap on “create” after.
- Step 4: Next, you can start choosing the contacts you want to add to the group by tapping on their name. The maximum number of contacts you can select is up to 256 persons. Then once done, you can tap “Next”.
- Step 3: You can tap on the “New Group” option, which is located on top of the contacts.
- Step 6: You will then be redirected to the group you created and you can start typing the message you want to send.
Method 2: Send a Message to Multiple Contacts on WhatsApp Without Creating a Group
If you do not want to create a group but still want to send a message to a few contacts, that is possible due to the Whatsapp broadcast feature. They would be able to receive your message as long as they have your number saved on their phone. When they reply, you can also receive the messages as a chat and won’t be seen by other contacts in the group. You can follow these steps to send a broadcast to selected contacts.
- Step 1: Go to the upper right portion and look for the icon with the three dots. Choose and tap the “New Broadcast” option.
- Step 3: Then you can choose the contacts that you wish to send your broadcast message to by tapping on their names. Once done, click on the check icon.
- Step 4: The broadcast group that you created will show up under the “Chats” tab. You can click on the group and start typing the message you want to send.
We also have another article on how you can create and edit your broadcasts on both iOS and Android. You can read more about it on "How to Create and Customize WhatsApp Broadcast on an iPhone or on Android".
Method 3: How can I send messages to multiple contacts on WhatsApp without broadcasting and without making a group?
If you still prefer to not create a group chat or do a broadcast message, there are still other options that you can try to send the same message to multiple contacts on Whatsapp. Here are the options that you can choose to follow to send your message.
Option 1: Forwarding Messages on Whatsapp
Another option you can do to send the same messages to different contacts is to forward the messages to the people you want to send the message to. When you forward a message, the receiver will know that the message you sent came from someone else as it comes with the status that says it is forwarded.
You are also able to forward a message to a maximum of 5 chats in one go. A lot of content can be forwarded such as media, location, or even contact. You can follow the steps below on how to forward a message
- Step 1: Choose a message from an individual chat then you can tap and hold the message you want to forward.
- Step 2: A list of options will appear and you can choose “forward”.
- Step 3: Then choose the contacts you want to forward the message to by tapping on their name.
- Step 4: Once done, you can tap on “send”. It will then show up on your chosen contact’s chat.
Option 2: Sending multiple messages on Whatsapp Web
Another way is to send your messages via Whatsapp Web. It is also an option that requires more steps but can be a simple solution for the users. However, an advantage of using Whatsapp Web to send your message if you can personalize each message faster than when you send it via mobile. Follow the steps below to send a message on Whatsapp Web.
- Step 1: Make sure that you have downloaded Whatsapp Web on your computer. Once you have it, you can open it and connect your Whatsapp account.
- Step 2: You can now type the message you want to send and copy the whole text.
- Step 3: Click on the contact you want to send the message and paste the message there. Once done, then you can send it.
FAQ: WhatsApp Broadcast vs group: What's the difference and When To Use Which?
For Broadcast, it is better suited to be used if you don’t want to let the receiver know that you have put them in the group and is the best option if you want them to think that you are just sending the message to them.
For groups, it is best suited to use if the people you will add already know each other and they are aware that you are sending the message to everyone in the group.
You can know more about Whatsapp and how to clear them by reading the article “How to Clear Whatsapp Cache on Phone” .
Sending the same messages to different contacts can save you a lot of time from typing each message to each person. It also depends on what impression you want to show to each contact. Whether you want it to be personalized or to be sent to everyone all at the same time. Both of these can be done when communicating on Whatsapp or even more. These features are readily available for you to utilize on your own.