Part 1: Why is the time wrong on my iPhone/iPad?
There could be many reasons for your iPhone or iPad device showing the wrong time as there are often times when these operating software develop bugs over time, and these bugs hinder the smooth operation of the software. So, one case can be there's a bug that has been developed, and it is hindering your time that is being shown on the iPhone or iPad.
Another common reason that many people find out the most is about the Battery. The problem with the battery could be that once the device is out of power or if the battery is dead and then it is left off for a period of time, you are most likely to observe your device showing the wrong time. But once the device or your iPhone/iPad is connected to the internet after being charged, the iOS will use the internet and time server and geolocation data to adjust the time. If you don't do so, or if you don't manually set the time to the correct settings yourself, the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch might continue to show an incorrect time.
Part 2: Set automatically date and time greyed out? Can't Set Manually?
There's also the possibility of not being able to update your time on your iPhone or iPad even if you are connected to the internet, in this case, the best thing you can do to fix your time on the iPhone or iPad is to do it manually.
Now, not a lot of people know how to fix the time on the iPhone or iPad manually, as there are nuances on the iOS that many do not understand.
So, this method or the fix is for you if the option to set automatically date and time is greyed out.
Here it is:
- Step 1: Go to Settings and then Scroll down.
- Step 2: Click on Privacy.
- Step 3: Click on Location Services and Make sure to disable location services.
- Step 4: Next, Go to Settings again and then Click on Screentime.
- Step 5: Click on Turn off Screentime and turn the screentime off.
- Step 6: Now, go back to Settings again.
- Step 7: Click on General.
- Step 8: Click on Date and Time.
- Step 9: To set time and date manually, click on Set Automatically and Disable it.
- Step 10: If you wish for the device to update the time and date automatically then keep the set automatically option enabled.
Part 3: Ways to Fix iPhone or iPad Showing Wrong Date and Time Issue
1. The first thing you need to do is check the iOS version your device is running on and check if there is a newer update available. If there's an update available and you haven't updated then that's the first thing you should do. Apple recommends having your devices up to date.
2. The second fix you can do is follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Go to Settings.
- Step 2: Click on General.
- Step 3: Click on Date and Time.
- Step 4: To set time and date manually, click on Set Automatically and Disable it.
- Step 5: If you wish for the device to update the time and date automatically then keep the set automatically option enabled.
Part 4: FAQs
1. How to take a screenshot of the time on the iPhone home screen?
1. On iPhone with Home Button - By pressing the home and power button at the same time, you'll be able to get a screenshot. And if you're running on the latest version of iOS, then you might be able to see a thumbnail of the screenshot you took.
2. On iPhone without the Home Button- In case you don't have a home button, then pressing the power and the volume up button at the same time will do the job for you.
2. How do I put the date and time on my iPhone home screen?
To do so:
- Step 1: Go to Settings, then General.
- Step 2: And then Date and Time.
- Step 3: Close the Settings and Click and hold on an empty space until the Widgets section appears.
- Step 4: Swipe left till you come across the calendar icon.
3. How to Check Screen Time on iPhone?
In order to check your screen time activity. Go to:
- Step 1: Click on Screentime.
- Step 2: Click on See All activity or click on Week to see your summary for the Week or Click on Daily.
4. How to turn your iPhone into a bedside clock with Nightstand?
You need to perform the following steps to accomplish this:
- Step 1: Click on the Clock app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Click on Bedtime at the bottom of your screen.
- Step 3: Your iPhone device will guide you through the necessary steps as soon as you click on Get Started.
If you ever face a problem with your iPhone or your iPad not showing the time then instead of panicking and worrying, you know where to go, which is right this place. We gathered some of the best fixes to the issue and certainly when you apply them, you'll definitely be relieved to have the problem solved.
We hope that the fixes bring happiness to you and thank you for reading.
MobileTrans - Best iOS to Android transfer tool
1-click solution to transfer data from iPhone to Android. Supports to transfer contacts, photos, music, videos, canlenda, and more.