You can only back up iPhone applications with iTunes if you have an older version of iTunes than 12.7. Since iTunes 12.7, Apple has removed the Apps management functionality, which is accountable for creating app backups. As a result, only customers with older iTunes editions may backup iPhone applications to iTunes. If you're not among them, don't worry; we've included another approach to backup iPhone applications in the next part. Read this guide to know how to backup an iPhone to iTunes.
Part1: How to Backup Apps on iPhone with iTunes?
- Step 1: To begin, open iTunes on your pc and attach your iPhone to it through a digital connection.
- Step 2: Next, click on the device icon and then select the Apps tab to begin the app backup procedure.
- Step 3: To back up the applications, tick the option at the bottom that says "Automatically install free applications."
Part2: How to Backup Apps on iPhone without iTunes?
iPhone backup is just as important as having a contingency plan in place. However, the device functions without the assistance of iCloud or iTunes. We discovered in our recent research that utilizing iTunes or iCloud might be a long drawn out process. It may even prevent you from doing partial backups. As a result, knowing how to backup the iPhone without iTunes is critical.
- 2.1 Backup iPhone Without iTunes Using MobileTrans
- 2.2 Backup iPhone Without iTunes Using Phone Rescue
- 2.3 Backup iPhone Without iTunes Using iCloud
- 2.4 Backup iPhone to Computer Without iTunes via Finder
Why go to the trouble of utilizing iTunes or iCloud if you can execute all of these hard operations with a single flip of a switch? In our perspective, it is preferable to go for a more comfortable and user-friendly option. MobileTrans - Backup & Restore is a dependable and very accepted platform that we have discovered.
Let's look at how to restore and reset your iPhone without using iTunes in the instructions below.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone with computer
Connect your iPhone to your computer in the first step. The first step, as usual, is to interface the iPhone to the laptop. After launching MobileTrans, go to the Backup & Restore component and then choose Phone Backup & Restore.
- Step 2: Choose the content you want to import and get started.
After you select the Backup button, it will display all of the compatible files and media that you can back up from your iPhone to your computer. So, select your information and press the Start button.
- Step 3: Make a complete backup
Probably just keep your iPhone linked and detach it only after the backup is finished.
Backup iPhone to a Computer With iOS 5
You should have at least iOS 5 on your iPhone to participate in this procedure. After switching on the function, the iPhone's information will be uploaded to the cloud. However, as opposed to using MobileTrans - Backup & Restore, the process may be more time consuming and inconvenient.
First and foremost, you must enable iCloud backup on your phone. To do so, simply follow the instructions outlined below.
- Step 1: Join the Wi-Fi connection with your iPhone.
- Step 2: Select Settings> iCloud> Backup from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Turn on the iCloud backup feature.
- Step 4: Select Back Up Now when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Step 5: Select Settings> iCloud> Storage> Manage Storage to see if it's enabled. After that, you may select your device. It will provide a list of the most recent backups.
Phone Rescue, an iTunes alternative, may be used to backup iPhone apps for customers who have upgraded iTunes. It's information management software for a variety of iOS devices. You can effortlessly backup applications on your PC using the Phone Rescue Device Manager tool, and programmes will be saved as IPA documents.
Furthermore, Phone Rescue allows you to reinstall the programme, as well as any other unintentionally deleted software, including ones that have been removed from the App Store. You may download apps to your iPhone without using iTunes by going to the App Library. Furthermore, when you get a new iPhone, it's simple to transfer applications from one to the other.
Here's a step-by-step instruction to backing up your iPhone apps:
- Step 1: To begin, you must first download and install Phone Rescue on your machine. Launch the programme when it has been installed and attach your pc or laptop using a USB cord.
- Step 2: On the right side, choose Device Manager > Choose Apps.
- Step 3: All of your apps should be listed, along with their versions and sizes. To begin the incremental backups, choose the programme you wish to backup > Click the To PC option.
- Step 4: Check your PC for iPhone Apps - IPA files.
If you don't want to utilize iTunes to generate an iPhone backup, you may use the iCloud service instead.
You can know how to back up your iPhone via Wi-Fi without using a pc, and an iCloud backup contains practically all of the data and settings on the device.
Ascertain that you have enough iCloud storage to store your iPhone data and that your iPhone is connected to a steady and dependable network.
To back up an iPhone without using iTunes, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Join the Wi-Fi network using your iPhone.
- Step 2: Go to "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Backup" and select "Backup."
- Step 3: Turn on the "iCloud Backup" feature.
- Step 4: Select "Back Up Now" when connected to Wi-Fi.
- Step 5: Go to "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Storage" > "Manage Storage" to verify it.
Using the Finder, know how to backup your iPhone to your computer without using iTunes.
Since macOS Catalina, iTunes is no longer accessible, and Finder takes over for device backups. If you have a Mac running macOS Catalina and want to back up your iPhone to your computer, Finder is the way to go.
Without iTunes, here's how to back up your iPhone to your computer:
- Step 1: Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch Finder.
- Step 2: Trust the computer and unlock your phone. To proceed, enter your iPhone password if prompted.
- Step 3: Go to "Locations" and choose [your iPhone's name].
- Step 4: To begin backing up your iPhone to your computer without iTunes, choose "Back Up Now."
When it comes to iPhone backup, iTunes may be the first thing that comes to mind because it is Apple's official option for backing up your iPhone data. However, some of you may dislike iTunes for a myriad of purposes. This post should have helped you if you wish to back up your iPhone with/without using iTunes.
Now you know how to backup an iPhone to iTunes, feel free to share your experiences.