Motorola to Motorola Transfer: How to Transfer from Old to New Motorola
Written By Nicola Massimo |
If you’re lucky enough to get a new Motorola G8 and ready to give away your old Motorola phone, you should be wondering how to transfer data from the old Motorola phone to the new one. These days, data transfer from an old to new Motorola is easier, especially when you know the right ways to do so. If you are having a hard time determining the quick way for Motorola to Motorola transfer, then no worries!! In this post, we’re going to walk you through all plausible ways for transfer data from an old to new Motorola without much hassle.
Part 1: Transfer Data from Motorola to Motorola via MobileTrans - Phone Transfer
The best tool to transfer Motorola to Motorola is MobileTrans - Phone Transfer without any second thought. Not only it supports to transfer all common file types like messages, photos, contacts, etc, but it can even transfer WhatsApp to your new Motorola phone. On top of all, it has a user-friendly interface that requires no technical skills to perform a transfer.
In addition to the data transfer feature, MobileTrans even comes with a one-click data backup and restore feature. Besides Motorola, it even supports various other Android devices like Samsung, LG, etc. You can even use the software to perform data transfer from iPhone to iPhone.
MobileTrans - Phone Transfer
Transfer Data from Motorola to Motorola in 1 click!
- • Supports to transfer more than 15 types of data including contacts, text messages, videos, photos, notes, calendars, and more from between two phones.
- • Supports cross-platform migration - iPhone to Android, Android to iPhone and Windows phone to Android/iPhone.
- • One-click data transfer between two phones securely and automatically.
- • Backup and restore the data with 100% safety.
- • Compatible with a wide range of smartphones, which include the latest Android and iOS devices.
How to transfer text messages from Motorola to Motorola using MobileTrans? First, get MobileTrans from its official website on your computer and then follow the below guide:
- Select Phone Transfer feature
- Select file types
- Step 3: Start Transfer
Run MobileTrans and from the main interface, select the “Phone Transfer” feature. Also, connect your both old and new Motorola phone to the computer.
Make sure that your old Motorola phone is selected as the source and the new Motorola phone is selected as the destination. Then, choose the desired file types (for instance, text messages) you like to transfer and hit on the “Start” button. This will begin the transfer process.
Don’t forget to select the option that says “Clear data before copy” if you would like to delete everything on the destination device.
Once you hit the “Start” button, the data transfer will begin. Be patient here and let the software complete the entire data transfer. After the successful data transfer, check your target phone to see if all selected data is transferred.
For users who want to transfer contacts from Motorola to Motorola, MobileTrans is highly recommended.
Part 2: Transfer Data from Motorola to Motorola via Motorola Migrate
To transfer data from Motorola to Motorola, Motorola Migrate also comes quite in handy. It is an app that helps to transfer content between Motorola and other Android brands. The app features an easy and quick way for data transfer from old to a new Motorola.
In order to transfer data successfully using this method, you need Motorola Migrate installed on both of your old and new Motorola devices. Plus, both devices must be connected to a reliable internet connection.
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to use Motorola Migrate:
- Download Motorola Migrate from Google Play Store and install it on both of your old and new Motorola devices. Open the app on your new Motorola device and select the old Motorola phone as a source. Then, click on the “Start” button to start the transfer.
- Open the app on your old Motorola device and click on the “Start” button. Make sure that your old Motorola device is selected as a source phone.
- Choose the file types you would like to migrate and scan the QR code from the screen of your new Motorola device.
- Finally, wait until the transfer is completed.
With Motorola Migrate, you’ll be able to transfer file types including call history, texts, photos, videos, contacts, and music. The important thing to note here that Motorola Migrate works only for smartphones running with Android 2.2 to Android 5.1.
Part 3: Transfer Data from Motorola to Motorola via Bluetooth
A feature available in all smartphones including Android and iOS devices, Bluetooth is wireless technology to exchange content over short distances. With Bluetooth, it’s possible to directly transfer data from Motorola to Motorola - sending & receiving without the need for any other hardware.
Below is the quick guide to help you learn how to use Bluetooth for data transfer from your old Motorola phone to a new one.
- To transfer data using Bluetooth, you need to pair your old Motorola device with a new one. On both of your old and new Motorola phones, open “Settings”>” Bluetooth” and turn it on.
- To pair both devices, one phone will look for available Bluetooth devices in the network. If it is able to find the other, click to Connect.
- Once pairing the devices, you can start the data transfer. On your old Motorola phone, go to a file like an image, video, or document you want to transfer. Select it and locate the “Share” icon.
- Click the “Share” icon, select the “Bluetooth” option and choose the paired device (new Motorola device) to which you like to send the file.
Not to mention, transferring transfer file types using Bluetooth isn’t possible. For instance, you can’t transfer s text messages or contacts.
That’s all on how to transfer from Motorola to Motorola. As you can see that there are several ways to transfer content from old to new Motorola. But, MobileTrans - Phone Transfer is the only that helps to do the job without any limitation.