Change to a new phone recently? Transferring WhatsApp to a new phone can be trouble especially when you transfer to a different mobile phone system like Android to iOS. Here, we will introduce a complete guide to help you transfer Whatsapp chat history, videos, photos, and attachments to your new phone.
Part 1: Transfer WhatsApp to a new phone (Different System)
If you're changing from Android to iPhone or iPhone to Android, MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer comes as no less than a boon. This program aims to manage your WhatsApp in the best possible way. Whether it is transfer, backup, or restore, the tool does it all in no minutes. Using this program, you can easily transfer WhatsApp to a new iPhone or Android.
Transfer WhatsApp to a new phone With Clicks!
- • Support transferring WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to Android, and iPhone to iPhone.
- • Back up your WhatsApp chats to a computer to get rid of data loss.
- • Restore your WhatsApp backup to another phone.
- • Manage other social apps as well, like Viber, Kik, WeChat, and Line.
- • Supports iOS devices that run the latest iOS 16
- • Supports over 6000+ Android devices. Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
1. Download, install and launch the program on your computer. Now, tap on “WhatsApp Transfer” from the main screen.
2. Click on the “WhatsApp Transfer” tab given on the left panel. There are different data that can be transferred.
3. Take the source and the target device, no matter Android or iOS; the tool works with both. Get the respective cables and connect your device to the computer. You will see a screen as below. Click on the "Flip" button if the positions of your device are wrong.
4. Click on the “Start” button now and you will receive a pop-up. Hit on “Yes” to move further. The transfer process will begin now. Wait until you see the transfer completed notification on your screen.
Check our video tutorial below:
Part 2: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android via Chat backup
When it comes to transferring WhatsApp to a new phone and both (old and the new) phones are Android, you need to take the help of Google Drive backup. In recent versions of WhatsApp, the app automatically creates a backup of the chats in Google Drive at 2 A.M. This helps in the easy transfer of WhatsApp messages to the newest phone. When you install WhatsApp on the new phone with the same number, you will get the chat history on your phone when this automatic backup is enabled on your device.
1. Open WhatsApp on your source Android device and tap the “three dots” on the corner. Tap “Settings” and choose “Chats”.
2. Now, tap on “Chat backup”. You can now manually backup by clicking on “BACKUP” or set the frequency to backup daily, weekly, etc. as per your choice.
3. Now, on your new device, install WhatsApp from the “Play Store” and log in with the phone number that you were using on the previous phone.
4. While you do it, you will be prompt to restore the backup. Follow the prompts and in minutes, your chats will be on your new device.
This is how to transfer WhatsApp messages to the new phone when the two phones are Android.
Part 3: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud
To transfer WhatsApp messages from an iOS to the other, we are going to jot down a method that includes the iCloud backup feature in WhatsApp. However, please note that this method can overwrite the existing data in your device. So, ensure to follow this way if you are completely agreed with the consequences. Here are the steps to be followed to transfer WhatsApp messages between iPhones.
- Firstly, enable the iCloud backup function on the source and target devices. Ignore if already done.
- Grab your source or old iPhone and open “WhatsApp”.
- Now, tap on “Settings” followed by “Chat Settings”.
- Go to “Chat backup” and hit on “Backup Now”.
- The chats of your phone will be successfully backed up in WhatsApp’s iCloud server.
- After this, take your new or the target device. Start with installing WhatsApp on it.
- Enter your number on the login screen to proceed.
- Here, you need to restore your previous chats.
- Just hit on “Restore Chat History” when prompted and you will be able to get your chats on the new phone.
To wrap it up, whether you need to transfer WhatsApp from Android to a new phone or from iPhone to a new phone, you can find all solutions here. However, to make things easier and faster, MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer would be the best solution among them. Simply download it and have a try!