The iPhone users always work with the iCloud platform both for backup and restore action. Google Drive is a new concept in the iPhone platform.
Here, you are going to deal with the backup WhatsApp to Google drive on iPhone. You have to choose the right tool to establish this task. It sounds to be simple, but there are complexities in the successful completion of the backup process.
Part 1: Can I backup WhatsApp to Google Drive on iPhone directly?
By default, most of the iPhone settings are enabled to make an automatic backup with iCloud storage. You have to explore ways to carry out this backup process optimally.
However, you can use an Android intermediator to back up the WhatsApp messages to Google Drive from the iPhone. Initially, transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android and then create a backup from Android to Google Drive. It sounds good! Am I right? Look below to learn the steps in detail.
Part 2: How to back up WhatsApp on iPhone to Google Drive?
Backup WhatsApp on iPhone to Google Drive will take you three steps.
- 1. Back up WhatsApp messages on the iPhone to the computer.
- 2. Restore your WhatsApp messages from iPhone backup to Android.
- 3. After completing this process, you can back up the WhatsApp messages to the Google Drive platform using the built-in setup of WhatsApp.
The above step 1 and step 2 should be done with MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. It is a sophisticated toolkit with many built-in features to assist customers in the safe handling of social app data. You can make use of WhatsApp Transfer feature to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android directly. Besides that, you can also restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone in a few clicks.
Step 1: Backup WhatsApp messages on the iPhone
1. First, you should download the MobileTrans program on your computer. Launch the program soon after the successful installation and then connect your iPhone with the PC.
Easy to Backup to PC and Best Way to Restore WhatsApp Backup in 1 Click!
- • Backup and restore data on your device to a computer with one click.
- • Easily restore photos, videos, calendars, contacts, messages, and music from iTunes to iPhone/iPad.
- • Restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone in a few clicks.
- • Fully compatible with major providers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
- • Fully compatible with Windows 11 or Mac 10.15.
- • Fully compatible with iOS 16 and Android 12.
2. Next select "Backup & Restore" from the home screen of MobileTrans and select the "App Backup & Restore" option. This option deals with all sorts of restore processes in social apps.
3. In the panel, you can find many options like WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, etc. Choose ‘WhatsApp’ from the panel and select the "Backup WhatsApp messages" option.
4. MobileTrans will detect your WhatsApp on your computer. Press the ‘Start’ button at the right bottom of the screen to trigger the transfer.
5. Finally, the transfer process ends, thereby creating a backup of the WhatsApp messages on the iPhone.
Step 2: Restore WhatsApp backup from iPhone to android
1. Open your MobileTrans and connect your android phone with the PC.
2. Next, select the "WhatsApp" tab from the "Backup&Restore".
3. Then you will see the former backups you have made on your computer. Just select your iPhone backups to restore.
4. After that, you can see the backup file on your iPhone has been restored to your Android phone.
Step 3: Backup WhatsApp from Android to Google Drive
After making a backup of the WhatsApp messages on the Android device, then it is the right time to move the content to Google Drive. Despite iCloud storage, you can try out the backup in Google Drive to ensure safe storage without any data loss. You can retrieve the data anytime from your drive easily.
Manage the important WhatsApp messages in Google Drive and enjoy the benefits. This drive can support larger files wisely and stored in an organized manner. This type of organized storage facilitates easy and quick retrieval.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Go to the "Settings" option at the top right side of the screen
- Then select the "Chats" option from the list
- Proceed with the selection of "Chat backup".
- Finally, beneath the Google Drive label, change the option in the "Back up to Google Drive" to assist the backup of WhatsApp messages in the drive.
Now, you must be clear in making backup WhatsApp Google Drive on the iPhone. Follow the above guidelines for flawless results.
This guide assists iPhone users in creating a backup of their WhatsApp messages on Google Drive via the Android device. Now, most readers understand that it is impossible for the direct backup process between iPhone and Google Drive.
MobileTrans plays a vital role as an intermediator to achieve this task optimally. All the above-discussed transfers occurred without any data loss. It is a reliable technique to protect your WhatsApp messages in safe storage for future reference.