If you are having the same thought and are looking for a reliable HTC backup app, then you have come to the right place. HTC is one of the most popular manufacturers of Android devices out there with an extensive range. Though, there are times when users simply wish to take an HTC backup to PC to save their photos, videos, documents, and more. Well, in this guide, I will tell you how to backup HTC to your computer and later restore it. Besides that, I will also cover some helpful HTC backup alternatives that you can try.
Part 1: What is HTC Sync Manager: Its Major Features
As the HTC backup app can only work on devices running on Android 5.0 and earlier versions, most of the users take the assistance of HTC Sync Manager. It is a freely available desktop application that is developed by HTC to help us backup and restore our data. Besides that, you can also use it to sync media files, explore the file storage, and perform several other tasks.
- • Users can take HTC backup to PC and later use an existing backup to restore the content to their device.
- • The application is freely available and can backup/restore all kinds of major data types like contacts, messages, photos, videos, call logs, music, calendar, documents, and more.
- • You can also use it to transfer your data from an existing Android or iOS device as well.
- • Besides that, the tool can also help you explore the file storage of your HTC device easily. You can automatically sync your gallery or music library with your HTC phone.
- • It can also help you update your HTC phone to the latest stable firmware available.
Download link: https://www.htc.com/us/software/htc-sync-manager/
Part 2: How to use HTC Sync Manager to Backup HTC to PC?
Now when you know the major features of HTC Sync Manager, let’s quickly learn how to use it to backup HTC phones. Before you proceed, you can just go to the official website of HTC Sync Manager to download it on your computer for free.
- Once you have installed HTC Sync Manager, just launch it, and connect your HTC device to the computer using a USB cable.
- The application will automatically detect the connected HTC phone and will present its snapshot as well. From the provided options on the sidebar, visit the “Transfer and Backup” feature.
- The tab will provide different options to transfer data from any other device or backup/restore your files. Visit the “Backup & Restore” part from here (the second section) and click on the “Back up Now” option. From here, you can also choose if you wish to backup your media files or not.
- After that, just wait for a while and let the application take HTC backup to PC. When it is done, you will be notified so that you can go to the location and check the backup content.
Part 3: How to Restore HTC Backup Content to Your Device?
Apart from taking an HTC backup, you can also use the application to restore an existing backup to your device as well. For this, you need to make sure that you are restoring the backup to the same device else you can encounter compatibility issues. To restore the saved HTC backup to your phone, simply follow these steps:
- Launch HTC Sync Manager on your system first and connect your phone to it using a working USB cable.
- Now, go to the Transfer & Backup tab of the application and click on the “Restore” button under the Backup & Restore section.
- This will display a pop-up window with a list of the saved backup files. Simply select a backup and click on the “Restore Now” button. You can also enable the option to delete the existing data on the phone before restoring the backup from here.
- Just hold on and wait for a while as the application will restore your HTC backup. When the process is completed, you can close the application and safely remove your phone.
Part 4: The Best Alternatives to HTC Sync Manager
While HTC Sync Manager can help you backup HTC and restore it, the tool is not that resourceful and comes with several restrictions. For instance, it only works on HTC phones and can’t restore your backup to any other device. To overcome that, you can take the assistance of the following HTC backup alternatives.
This is a quick and smart one-click solution to backup HTC or any other device. The application supports 8000+ different models, including every leading Android and iOS device. Also, you can select what you wish to save on your PC from its interface. The tool can backup all the major kinds of data like your photos, videos, music, contacts, call logs, messages, bookmarks, and so much more.
The best thing is that you can restore the backup to the same or any other device as well. Besides that, you can also use the application to directly transfer data from one phone to another or backup/restore social app data too.
2. Google Drive
Google Drive is the native application that is available for every Google account. Ideally, every Google user gets an access to 15 GB of free space on Google Drive that can later be updated. You can just go to Google Drive and upload your files to the cloud. Later, you can access your files on the same or any other device.
Furthermore, you can also go to your Android phone’s Google account settings to back up your data in the cloud as well. While it is pretty seamless, it can’t accommodate your entire backup and the free storage would easily be exhausted.
Dropbox is another popular solution to take a backup of your data in the cloud. Unlike Google Drive, it only provides 2 GB of free storage in the cloud that you can later upgrade by getting a premium account. You can simply get its app and upload your important files to the cloud. Later, you can download the app on the same or any other device to download your files. Although it is a user-friendly solution, it only provides 2 GB of space and would exhaust your network data as well.
There you go! By the end of this guide, you would be able to backup HTC to PC and even restore it afterward using HTC Sync Manager. Besides that, you can also take the assistance of other alternatives to backup and restore your data. For instance, MobileTrans is an ideal solution to backup HTC that offers so many other features. Using it, you can also transfer your WhatsApp data and perform a direct device to device transfer as well.