When you need to save data on your phone to your PC, you can use a series of methods. Sometimes, we prefer using USB transfer, and other times Bluetooth transfer seems like a relevant option.
However, it is believed that WiFi file transfer PC download is a much quicker option than other methods. Therefore, in this article, we will review the methods for portal WiFi file transfer for PC. Keep reading and pick a method that suits your requirements.
Part 1: Advantages of Wi-Fi File Transfer
You may be thinking about why WiFi file transfer for Windows is a feasible method. Why should you consider using it?
Here are some advantages of WiFi file transfer pro for PC:
- WiFi file transfer app for PC is quick. When you use USB and other methods, you need to spend time setting up the connection. If there’s too much data to transfer, you need to wait for a long time as well. However, WiFi file transfer PC is quick and hassle-free.
- When we use USB drives or flash drives for WiFi file transfer for PC Windows 10, you are exposing your computer as well as phone to security issues. There may be a virus in the drive that will instantly transfer to your computer or phone when you connect it. Using WiFi file transfer software for PC helps you avoid these hidden threats.
- WiFi file transfer PC is a kind of portable service that can be used anywhere, anytime. You don’t need to carry other things with you. Wherever you are, you can connect to a WiFi or WiFi file transfer app for a PC to transfer data.
Part 2: Wi-Fi File Transfer for PC to PC Transfer
The first method for WiFi file transfer for PC is through Nearby Sharing. This is a type of WiFi sharing that we use for PC to PC file transfer.
However, you need to keep in mind that Nearby sharing will only work on your Windows 10. Hence, both the devices, receiving data or sending data, should have Windows 11/10 to proceed with this PC to PC WiFI file transfer.
If in the near future, we get newer versions of Windows, then that may also have a Nearby sharing option.
So, how can you use WiFi file transfer for a PC?
- Go to the action center of your computer. Under this window, you will find Nearby sharing. Usually, it is enabled by default. But, there’s a chance that you may have disabled it for some reason. So, from the action center, enable Nearby sharing.
- Another way to enable Nearby sharing is through shared experiences. In your Settings app, go to System and click on Shared experiences. You will find I can share or receive content from. Under this, select Everyone.
- To share files via Nearby transfer, you need to go to one computer and find files to transfer. On the folder, right-click and select Share. Here, you will find an option to Share via Nearby. Once you do that, you will be asked to select the receiving device.
- After you click on the receiving device, the receiving device will get a notification. You have to accept the notification to transfer data.
Here, you can select multiple files for Nearby share or simply send the whole folder from one computer to another.
Part 3: Wi-Fi File Transfer for PC to Mobile Transfer
The second method on the list is WiFi file transfer for PC. This involves moving your files from your phone to your PC. Now that is a tricky one.
However, for WiFi file transfer PC from the phone, you can use a third-party app. Although there are so many apps that you can use for WiFi file transfer, we have explained the process with the SHAREit app.
Have a look at how it works:
- The first step is to sit in a good WiFi range.
- Connect your PC to one WiFi.
- Now connect your phone with the same WiFi.
- Download and run the SHAREit app on your computer.
- You will get a QR code.
- On your phone too, download and run SHAREit.
- You will find an option to Scan to Connect.
- Scan the QR code and your phone and PC will be connected.
Now, you can start sharing files from phone to PC or vice versa.
Part 4: Best File Transfer Software for PC – MobileTrans
MobileTrans is a robust tool that allows file transfer from one phone or device to another. Whether you need to move data from phone to computer or phone to phone, MobileTrans helps you achieve it. Simply visit our website and check out its features:
- Transfer data between Android, iPhone, MacBook, and Windows computer.
- Transfer any type of files to another device without challenges, such as WhatsApp data or images.
- Select particular file types to transfer before actually moving data from one device to another.
- The interface is simple, you only need 15 minutes to set up and start using MobileTrans.
Step 1: Connect MobileTrans To Your Phone
The first step is to connect your phone to your computer. You need to download MobileTrans on your computer and launch it.
Then, use a USB cable and connect your phone to your PC.
Now from the options, select Export to Computer.
Step 2: Select Files To Transfer
This will take you to a screen where on one side you will see your phone and on the opposite your computer.
In the middle, there will be options for files to transfer. These are the files on your phone. You can select the data to move to the computer. For example, photos, videos, etc.
Step 3: WiFi File Transfer For PC
Finally, when you have selected the files that you need to move to PC, you can click on export and wait. During this time, remember to avoid breaking the connection or removing your phone from the PC.
Now, when you have to transfer data back to the phone from the PC, you can select the Backup&Recovery module in place of Export to Computer. Follow the same steps to get your data back on phone.
Another option for direct transfer of data between phones is to open the Phone to Phone module. The steps are the same but you are transferring files from one phone to another. Now, this can be any phone, Android, or iPhone, the transfer will work perfectly.
There are so many methods for WiFi file transfer for PC. However, MobileTrans is one of the best tools that allows quick data transfer to any type of device. Visit our website and explore how this tool works.