Unsurprisingly, there are hundreds of iPhone backups available online, and with the continuous demand for such tools, we see more and more iPhone backup apps flood the market almost every day.
It can be quite tricky to choose from these iPhone backup apps. So, for this reason, our team of experts has taken the legwork to research iPhone backup software in 2022, and we've come up with the best 10 apps that are worth trying.
The iPhone apps mentioned are tested and trusted, and their capabilities are also backed up by users' critics. Check them out and find the one that best suits your needs.
Part 1: Best Backup iPhone Software
The list of iPhone backup software mentioned here has all passed our test. They support quality features that can help users complete iPhone backup operations without requiring technical knowledge.
1.Wondershare MobileTrans [Most Popular]
The first and most popular backup software on the list is ‘MobileTrans’.
MobileTrans is a great software that allows seamless iPhone backup operations using advanced technology. It doesn't matter if you're looking to backup iPhone data to Android or PC, this software boast the right features to help you get the job done handily.
Moreover, unlike lots of other backup software, MobileTrans supports backup of a wide variety of data including Whatsapp data, photos, messages, contacts, and lots more.
Backup iPhone to PC/Mac Easily!
- Backup 18+ types of data to computer including photos, messages, contacts.
- Backup WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business, Kik, Viber, WeChat and LINE data.
- Supports 6000+ mobile devices running iOS and Android system.
- User-friendly interface that makes navigation very easy.
- Work smoothly on both Windows PC and Mac.
- Free to use its backup feature.
How To Use MobileTrans to Backup iPhone
It takes only three simple steps to backup the iPhone using MobileTrans!
Step 1: Download and install MobileTrans on your Mac or Windows computer > Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch the MobileTrans app > Select ‘Backup & Restore’ from the top section, then choose ‘Backup’ under ‘Phone Backup & Restore’ or ‘App Backup & Restore’.
Step 2: From the new page, tick the checkboxes of the category of data you want to backup. Then hit the ‘Start’ button to begin iPhone data backup.
Step 3: MobileTrans will begin to backup your iPhone data. After it has completed the operation, disconnect your iPhone from the computer.
- It is free to utilize the backup feature of MobileTrans
- 100% data privacy is assured.
- Performs data backup operation lightning fast.
- Clean dashboard and simple user interface.
2. Wondershare Dr.Fone
Wondershare Dr.Fone is another tool from the renowned ‘Wondershare’ from the company that made it to our list because of its high efficiency in completing iPhone backup tasks fast.
This tool is reliable and packed with lots of robust features that can be used by anyone including non-tech savvy for either phone data backup to computer or data transfer from one device to another.
- It's highly compatible with all the latest devices.
- Users can select data to backup.
- 24/7 active tech support service.
- Boast multiple functionalities allowing users to execute different kinds of operations.
- The free version doesn't allow users access to all features.
- The pricing plan is quite expensive.
The iMazing software is another tool that gives users access to handy features that can be used to backup iPhone or iPad seamlessly. The amazing thing about this tool is that it supports a unique automatic and wireless data backup operation. So, if you're looking for a tool that could backup iPhone data automatically, iMazing is worth trying. Besides, it can also be used to manage content on iOS devices.
- Support flexible options for data backup and restoration.
- Simple UI design.
- Allows users to extract iTunes backups for importation and viewing.
- Export call logs and messages without any issue.
- You need to upgrade to the paid version to access helpful features.
- Some operations might be quite slow.
CopyTrans is a very effective data backup software, and it's quite similar to MobileTrans as it supports a wide range of iPhone data backups including Whatsapp, SMS, Viber, calendar, notes, photos, contacts, etc.
The interface of this software is interactive, and very straight forward. Plus, it doesn't only support backup on iPhones to computers - Users can also backup iPhone to an external drive using CopyTrans.
- Enables convenient backup operation.
- It can be synced with iTunes.
- It can backup iPhone data to an external hard drive or any folder on a PC.
- The UI of the software is very easy to understand.
- It's compatible with only Windows PCs.
- It does not support free trials.
The iTunes app is an Apple freeware tool that is programmed to automatically backup the iPhone once the iOS device is connected to a PC or Mac. With iTunes, there are no restrictions to how much data you can backup as long as your PC has enough storage, and it supports iPhone backup either via WiFi or by connecting iPhone to the PC with a USB cable.
- It offers users a convenient way to manage media files.
- It has good integration with iCloud.
- It has a wide range of content that can come in handy for businesses for enhanced performance.
- Great usability.
- Data backed up using iTunes cannot be shared with Android devices.
- It's slow in executing backup operations.
6. Finder [Mac only]
The Finder app on Mac can always come in handy to help you backup your iPhone if iTunes is not on your Mac computer. Everything on your Mac PC, from Dropbox folder to desktop wallpaper, and more can be found in the Finder app. The open-source program helps simplify how users manage data on their Mac computers.
- It's free software.
- Backup all kinds of data on iPhone efficiently.
- Friendly user interface.
- Support search box to help users locate specific files easily
- Some basic features perform poorly.
- Files can't be accessed from non-Apple devices.
Part 2: Best iPhone Backup Apps
Beside iCloud and the backup software mentioned above, there are other helpful apps you can use to backup iPhone. We've listed some of these iPhone backup apps below;
1. Google Drive
Google Drive is a very popular app most iOS users employ in replace of iCloud to backup data. This app gives users access to 15GB of free storage space to backup only four types of data, which include contacts, calendars, photos, and videos. It's quite effective for anyone who is looking for a better free cloud storage option compared to iCloud.
- Support free 15GB cloud storage space.
- Enables access to data from any device.
- The clean interface makes it very user friendly.
- Support multi-language option.
- Files cannot be accessed offline.
- Potential security risk.
2. Google Photos [Photos Only]
Are you looking to back up only photos? ‘Google Photos’ is the perfect app for you. Although the unlimited free storage policy for this app has ended, users can still back up photos and videos using the 15GB free storage space that comes with their Google Account.
- Support automatic backup of photos on the device.
- Data can be accessed from any device.
- Allows sharing of backed-up photos to other platforms.
- The search option is very efficient for users to easily locate specific photos.
- It can only be used to backup photos.
- It no longer supports unlimited free storage.
3. IDrive Online Backup
IDrive is one of the top online backup tools with decent functionality. Yes, this online app offers users a combination of cloud storage and backup to save their different kinds of data including documents, photos, videos, and music. Plus, it supports different backup features such as disk image backup, server backup, and NAS backup.
- It can be used to backup data on an unlimited number of devices.
- Support disk image backup.
- The app setup is simple.
- Allows bulk upload and restoration of data via mail.
- It doesn't support unlimited backup.
- The cost of purchase is quite expensive.
4. Easy Backup [Contacts Only]
For folks looking to backup just their iPhone contacts, Easy Backup is one of the most reliable apps you can reach out for to perform such a task in a few clicks. Just as the name goes, Easy Backup makes the process of backing up your contacts as easy as sipping a cup of coffee.
- Active customer support service.
- Multi-language selections.
- Support external saving option.
- Easy backup process.
- It only supports contacts backup.
- The app usually lags, causing it to stop running at some point.
The iPhone backup app and software introduced on this page are very effective and reliable for any kind of data backup operation. It doesn't matter if you've got any technical knowledge, these tools can always come in handy to help simplify the data backup task on an iPhone. Though we recommend MobileTrans for a better iPhone data backup experience.