If you use Samsung notes to store essential information, it is critical to understand how to back up Samsung notes to PC or cloud storage. The reason is there’s no better way to protect your Samsung notes in case your phone loses data.
After all, it is the best strategy against hardware failure, app upgrade problems, and malware attacks that can corrupt the files present on your Samsung device. Scroll down to discover the best ways to create a Samsung notes backup. This guide will show you the instructions to complete this task in multiple ways.
Part 1: Backup Samsung Notes to Samsung Cloud
Samsung Cloud is the ultimate cloud storage solution for Samsung smartphone and tablet users with devices running on Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later. Whether it is notes, music, or other things on your device, Samsung Cloud is an easy and seamless backup, sync, and restore solution that gives you free online space to store your data.
Here’s how to backup Samsung notes to the Samsung cloud:
Step 1. Open Settings on your Samsung device.
- Navigate to Cloud and accounts.
- And choose the first option, i.e., Samsung cloud.
Note: Samsung might ask you to sign in via your Samsung account. In case you haven’t already registered, you will have to create a new account.
Step 2. Within the Samsung cloud tab,
- Click on the Three dots at the top-right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Settings.
- And choose the Sync and auto-backup settings option.
Note: You will find other options on the Sync and auto backup setting page like Sync and backup while roaming. Configure them as preferred.
Step 3. Within the Sync and backup settings options,
- Scroll down and choose the apps from which you want to save the data, including Notes.
- You can choose Sync now for instant Samsung notes app backup.
- Or choose Auto backup.
There you go! That is how to enable Samsung Notes backup. First, retain and review the available space from the main menu page of Backup. This will give you an idea of how much data you can store on the Samsung Cloud.
Already discontinued by Samsung, and now you cannot back up Samsung notes to it. Scroll down to discover different ways to back up Samsung Notes.
Part 2: Backup Samsung Notes to PC via Smart Switch
Smart Switch is another method to back up memos from Samsung devices to other devices or external media storage devices. The Smart Switch app is available for Windows, macOS, and Android device users.
Think of Smart Switch as a tool that stores and moves data as you move between phones. Nevertheless, what’s great is you can seamlessly transfer contacts, photos, music, videos, messages, notes, calendars, and more to virtually any Samsung Galaxy device.
Here’s how to backup notes from Samsung devices to PC using Smart Switch:
Step 1. Install the Smart Switch application on your Windows computer (Windows 7 or later).
- Connect the Samsung phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- If you see a notification on the Samsung phone — click Allow.
Note: Your Samsung phone must run Android 4.3 or iOS 4.2.1 or later to use Smart Switch. If you transfer the device to an iPhone, it must run on iOS 5 or later.
Step 2. Once the Samsung device is connected to the computer successfully,
- Navigate to the Smart Switch on the computer and click Backup.
- You will see all data categories allowed for backup.
- Select All or choose only the desired apps like Notes.
- Click OK after selecting all the desired apps.
Step 3. Once you choose OK, the computer will start backing up the data.
- Select OK after the progress bar shows the success.
Again, Samsung Backup via Smart Switch comes with many intricacies. Every user cannot meet the hardware requirements. That is why we have listed other ways to back up Samsung notes in this guide.
Part 3: Backup Samsung Notes via Share
A Samsung Notes native solution, the share option within the Notes app allows you to seamlessly export the files to other locations.
Here’s how to backup Samsung Notes via Share:
- Open the Samsung Notes app on the Samsung device.
- Choose and hold the notes you want to back up.
- From the list of options, choose Save as a file.
- You will find several export formats like PDF, Microsoft File, Image file, or TXT file.
- Choose the desired export option.
- After choosing the desired export option, you will have to choose the folder on your Samsung device to save the file.
Retain that the backup file is still present on the same Samsung device. So, export it to Cloud or other storage media immediately. The problem with the Share option is you will have to choose individual files and save them manually. Meaning it is not as efficient as other methods mentioned here. Read on to find the best backup method the Samsung notes app.
Part 4: Backup Samsung Data with MobileTrans
MobileTrans is the ultimate solution for creating a backup of Samsung files to a PC. Allowing you to back up 18 different data types, MobileTrans ensures backup of everything and anything critical to you. Besides backing up the data, it is also a solution for users looking to transfer data from one device to another across different platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, macOS).
Backup Samsung to PC with one 1-click!
- • Backup data on your device to a computer with one click for free.
- • Easily restore backups from MobileTrans and iTunes to Android and iOS devices.
- • Supports transfer of 18+ data between 6000+ mobile devices.
- • Supports transfer of WhatsApp data between iOS and Android devices
- • Supports transfer of data between mobile devices and Computers directly
- • Fully compatible with Windows 11 or Mac 10.15.
- • Fully compatible with iOS 16 and Android 12.0.
Here’s how to backup Samsung data with MobileTrans:
Step 1. Download and install MobileTrans on your Windows (or Mac) computer (compatible with all versions).
- Launch the application.
- On the main interface, you will find four options: WhatsApp Transfer, Phone Transfer, Backup & Restore, and more.
- Choose Backup & Restore.
Step 2. Choose the data categories you want to back up.
- Connect the Samsung device to the computer. If you see a notification on the Samsung device — choose File Transfer.
- Choose all or select individual apps.
- Select Start is once done.
Step 3. Once you click on Start, MobileTrans will start backing up the chosen data categories from your Samsung device to a dedicated folder on your PC. Again, wait for the process to complete.
- Once done — eject the Samsung device successfully.
All the backed-up data will be stored on your desktop in a dedicated folder created by MobileTrans. You can change the location from within the program if needed. And in case you ever want to access or get the backed-up files, all you have to do is choose to restore and copy the files to a Samsung device or any other device.
What’s great about MobileTrans is it transfers the data without damaging the contents. So you do not have to worry about your files being compressed or damaged.
As promised, here are three different methods for Samsung notes backup in this guide. You can use one that best suits your needs and a backup memo from Samsung devices. But they come with drawbacks. Still, if you meet the requirements, you can back up Samsung notes using any one of them.
On the other hand, if you want to back up Samsung files, then MobileTrans, is fast, reliable, and efficient for backing up 18 data categories from Samsung devices to Windows (all variants supported).