5 Methods to Backup Samsung Galaxy S20 to Avoid Data Loss
Written By Axel Nash | May 19,2020
Losing your data is probably the worst nightmare of any human being. Data loss could happen at any point of life and it is exactly as unpredictable as the earthquake. Well, you cannot make perfect decisions for earthquake but you can surely do something for your data. In this article we’ll be discussing some tested methods to backup Samsung phone to PC.
Method 1: Backup Samsung S20 to computer via MobileTrans – Backup
Backing up your data is probably the best measure to keep your data safe and secure without getting it lost. And to make sure that your data is safe MobileTrans helps you to easily create a backup of your phone on your Mac or PC. Every bit of your data including Contacts, messages, photos, and others are safe and will be backed up. To avoid data loss backup your Samsung phone or iPhone or any other Android to PC at any time! It can back up almost every file type to your PC so that you can restore data to the phone when needed.
Here's a step by step guide showing you How to Backup Samsung Phone Data
- Make sure you connect your phone to your computer
- Once your device is connected to the computer open MobileTrans and run the “Backup” module.
- After the completion of above processes, MobileTrans will automatically load-up the supported file types. MobileTrans supports various file types for Android and iPhone phones. Select the file types you desire to backup and press on the “Start” button.
- Until and unless the whole process is completed you don’t have to remove your phone. And sit back till the process completion.
Note: To view the files that are backed up you can use Restore feature up in "MobileTrans backup file".
Method 2: Backup Samsung S20 to external storage
To ensure that your data is safe you can backup up your data to any external storage, that will be handy as well as secured in your hand. Down below are the steps guiding you to Backup Samsung phone to pc:
- Plug the USB connector (USB Type-C) to the USB power adaptor and plug the external HDD/ USB memory into an electric socket, to connect USB memory card or external HDD.
- After that, tap on Settings on Apps screen. Then, get into Cloud and accounts.
- Tap Smart Switch followed by selecting External Storage.
- Afterwards, hit on BACK UP. You’re now required to select your desired contents to backup and activate back up.
- After the data backup is completed, you can now check the data My Files > SD card > Smart Switch Backup folder.
Method 3: Backup Samsung S20 via Google backup
Attention: Please keep in mind that Backups cannot be restored from a higher version of Android onto a phone having lower Android version.
If we see today almost every single Android device comes pre-installed with Google Drive service regardless of any brand phone. Google Drive cloud storage service enables you to store your data including documents, call history, photos, videos, music, messages, and many others.
- The instructions that are given over here will only be applied to the default Home screen layout and Standard mode. Note: To access the app screen from the home screen you can swipe up or down from the center of the display.
- Navigate to the: Settings -> Accounts and backup- > Backup and restore.
- From the Google account section you can turn on Back up my data switch to turn on or off.
- Make sure that you select the correct account once you’ve done the above process.
To change the backup account:
- • Tap Backup account.
- • Select the preferred account.
The previous backup data is going to be restored once you’ve added Google account to your phone. You can do this in an already active phone, new or after resetting your phone by adding your existing google account.
Method 4: Backup Samsung S20 via Samsung Cloud
If you have accidently deleted your any data you can still restore it through Samsung Cloud. Just you need to download the data that has been already backed up.
Note: The setting and the screens may vary as per your downloaded software version. This version of software is not supported in every country.
Manually back up data
- From Settings, tap Accounts and backup, after that tap on Samsung Cloud. Scroll down and select 'Back up' this phone.
- On the next screen, select the desired content you need to back up, or you can simply tap on Select all. When you're done, tap on Back up. Once the process is finished, tap Done.
Automatically back up data
To let your data automatically backup in every 24 hours, you need to keep your phone on charging and make sure you are connected to the Wi-fi network. And at least for an hour, your screen needs to be off. It is upon you that what are the files that are to be backed up.
- From Settings, select Accounts and backup, after that tap on Samsung Cloud.
- Tap on-More Options and then tap Settings.
- After that, tap on- Sync and auto-backup settings, then select the Auto back up the tab.
To make sure that your cloud storage is safe, enable auto backup but please keep in mind that the account and the with categories such as contacts, calendars, photos, videos, keyboard data, etc. which has not been used within 12 months could be subject to deletion.
Note: If the cloud storage is full Content will not backup automatically.
Method 5: Backup Samsung S20 to computer via Samsung Smart Switch
Now transferring your messages, contacts, photos, and other types of files is just an easy task with Smart Switch. Smart Switch not only helps you to create a backup of Samsung phone on your Mac or PC, but also allow you to transfer or sync your data onto your new Galaxy phone.
After you have installed Smart Switch, you have to connect your Samsung phone to your computer using a USB cable. Tap Allow on your phone to grant necessary permissions.
- Click on Backup after opening Smart Switch and the software will automatically commence to back up your Phone’s data. It may take couple of minutes to complete as soon as it completes a notification will appear. You can proceed by clicking OK.
Default Samsung phone backup location
Whenever you perform data backup of your Samsung phone, your Samsung data is saved automatically over the default location on your PC or Mac, till the time you alter the default location.
- • Windows 8: Windows Vista, Windows 7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Samsung\Smart Switch PC
- • Windows 10: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Samsung\SmartSwitch
- • Mac OS X: /Users/[username]/Documents/Samsung/SmartSwitch/backup
Well, these were some of the tried and tested methods that were meant to solve your problem. The above article consists of some of the best worked and tested techniques which will allow and help you to backup Samsung phones and answer all of your doubts to backup Samsung phone to pc. Hope this article would have helped you to save your data from your old phone to your PC.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Work with Android 9.0 and iOS 13.