But this process isn’t just cumbersome; it can also lead to the loss of some of the data on your old device. This article will share with you the best way to transfer messages from Samsung to Samsung S20 without losing any of your messages.
How to Transfer Messages from Samsung to Samsung S20 with MobileTrans- Phone Transfer
The best tool to use when you want to transfer messages from your old Samsung device to a new one is Wondershare MobileTrans- Phone Transfer. Designed for the sole purpose of transferring data from one device to another, MobileTrans makes the process fast without the risk of losing some of the data on your device.
Some of the other reasons why you would want to use MobileTrans to transfer messages from your old Samsung device to the new Samsung S20 include the following;
- • MobileTrans is one of the only desktop tools that you can use to transfer data from one device to another even if the devices run on different operating systems. This means that if you want switch devices, MobileTrans can help you move all your messages from one device to another. It can also be used to transfer other types of data including contacts, videos, documents, photos, music and even app data.
- • It is also the most ideal tool when you want to backup and restore the data on you device in a single click.
- • You can also use it to restore data from iCloud and iTunes without affecting the data on you device. You can also very easily selectively restore the data from your backups to the device.
- • MobileTrans is also very easy to use. Despite the numerous functions it can accomplish, the software is very simple to use, allowing even the beginner to use it. It also doesn’t hurt that it has a very simple to follow user interface
To use MobileTrans to transfer the messages from the old Samsung device to the new Samsung S20, follow these simple steps;
Step 1: Download and install MobileTrans to your computer. Once installation is complete, open the program and then select the “Phone Transfer” feature on the main window.
Step 2: Now, connect both Samsung devices to the computer using USB cables and make sure that MobileTrans is able to recognize both devices (You may have to enable USB debugging for the program to detect the devices).
Once the devices are detected, take a moment to make sure that they are in the correct order. The old Samsung device should be the “Source” device and the Samsung S20 should be the “Destination” device. This will prevent moving data to the wrong device. If the order of the device is incorrect, click on “Flip” to switch the devices.
Step 3: You should now see a list of all the data on the “Source” device displayed in the panel between the devices. Because we want to transfer messages, ensure that “Text Messages” is checked and then click “Start” to begin the transfer process.
If there is some data on the destination device and you want to remove it all before transferring data to it, check “Clear data before copy” before starting the transfer.
How to Transfer Messages from Samsung to Samsung S20 using Samsung Smart Switch
You can also easily transfer messages from an old Samsung device to the new one using Samsung Smart Switch. This is Samsung’s official solution for the transfer of data from one device to another even across platforms. One of its greatest strengths is that is very easy to use, allowing you to transfer various types of data in just minutes.
Here’s how you can use Samsung Switch to transfer messages from a Samsung to Samsung S20;
Step 1: Start by installing the Smart Switch app on both devices. Once the app is installed, place the phones close to one another (within 4 inches of each other)
Step 2: Launch the app on both devices.
Step 3: On the Old Samsung device, tap “Send Data” and on the new Samsung S20, tap “Receive Data”.
Step 4: Tap “Wireless” on both devices and then select the old device on the new Samsung S20.
Step 5: Tap “Allow” on the old phone and then select “Messages” as the type of data you want to transfer and then tap “Send”.
Wait for the transfer process to be completed and then tap “Done” on the old phone to complete the process.
Keep in mind that you can also use USB to transfer data to the destination device if you don’t want to do it wirelessly.
MobileTrans- Phone Transfer and Smart Switch Comparison
Here’s how these two methods compare to one another;
- • They both support the transfer of data across multiple devices including cross-OS transfer. But while Smart Switch may not support numerous devices, MobileTrans supports more than 6000 Android devices and all iOS devices.
- • MobileTrans can also be used to transfer all types of data from one device to another and can even be used to transfer app data like WhatsApp, WeChat and Line data from one device to another.
- • It is also worth pointing out that unlike Smart Switch which can’t be used to backup and restore the data on either device, MobileTrans has backup and restore features that allow you to easily backup all the data on your device and then restore the same backup to the same device or another one as needed
- • You may also experience various app related problems when using Smart Switch as you would with every other app. For example, like most transfer apps it can crash during the process, meaning you have to start all over again.
The Bottom Line
Not being able to find the right tool or app to transfer data from your old Samsung device to the new one can dampen the excitement of having the new device to begin with. Fortunately, the process is much easier when transferring data from one Samsung device to another Samsung device. In fact, both MobileTrans and Samsung Smart Switch can be very instrumental in helping you transfer the messages from the old device to the new one.
Select a solution that you trust will give you the best results and remember to follow the instructions as precisely as you can to implement each solution. If you encounter any problems with either of these solutions, let us know in the comments section below and we’ll do our best to find solutions for you.