2 Methods to Transfer Data from Motorola to Samsung S20
Written By Axel Nash |
As one of the most popular mobile devices, Samsung phone sales are on the rise. This means that it is also not unusual to find a lot of people looking for ways to transfer data from Motorola to a Samsung Device, in this case Samsung S20. There are several ways to transfer data from Motorola to Samsung S20, but only two methods offer you the best chance to safely transfer all the data from Motorola to Samsung.
In this article, we take a look at these two methods of data transfer, giving you all the details on how to use each for successful data transfer.
Transfer Data from Motorola to Samsung with One-Click
By far the best way to transfer data from Motorola to Samsung S20 in one-click is Wondershare MobileTrans- Phone Transfer. This desktop application is designed to help you easily move most types of data from one device to another. Among other types of data, you can use MobileTrans- Phone Transfer to transfer even app data like WhatsApp data from one device to another. But perhaps its greatest advantage is that it can be used to selectively transfer data from the Motorola device to the Samsung S20, meaning that you can move only some of the data instead of everything.
The following are just some of the features that make MobileTrans the most ideal solution;
- • MobileTrans can transfer different types of data including contacts, photos, apps, music, messages, videos and more from one phone to another
- • It can also be used to transfer data from WhatsApp and other social apps very quickly and easily.
- • It is an ideal solution for the transfer of data from your cloud backups to the device without having to restore the backup, which can cause data loss.
- • It supports thousands of different Android devices and all versions of the Android OS
- • As we shall see very shortly, the process of transferring data from one device to another using MobileTrans is simple, straightforward and highly effective.
To use this tool to transfer data from your Motorola to your Samsung S20, follow these simple steps;
Step 1: Begin by downloading and installing MobileTrans to your computer. Launch the program after successful installation and the select the “Phone Transfer” feature on the main window.
Step 2: Now, connect both Android devices to the computer using USB cables and make sure that MobileTrans is able to recognize both devices (You may have to enable USB debugging for the program to detect the devices).
Here is it also important to make sure that you have the order of devices correctly. Make sure that the Motorola device is the “Source” device and the Samsung device is the “Destination”. If this order is not correct, click on “Flip” to change it.
Step 3: Once the devices are both connected and MobileTrans detects both of them, you should see a list of all the data on the Motorola device displayed between the two devices. Select the data you would like to transfer and then click “Start” to begin the process of transferring the contacts from the source device to the destination device.
Please note that if you want to completely replace the contacts on the destination device, check “clear data before copy” before beginning the transfer process.
Transfer Data from Motorola to Samsung with Smart Switch
Another great way to transfer data from Motorola to Samsung is to use Smart Switch. The following are some of the features characterizing the Smart Switch;
- • It can be used to transfer data across different OS such as from iOS to Android
- • It supports all Android devices and all versions of the Android OS.
- • Transfer with Samsung Smart Switch is very easy; you can transfer data using a USB cable, allowing for easy transfer even for app data
- • It supports the transfer of various types of data including messages, documents, app data, call logs, calendar, music and many more.
- • Transfer using Smart Switch is also completely free
Here’s how to use Smart Switch to transfer data from Motorola to Samsung with Smart Switch;
Step 1: Download and install Smart Switch on both the Motorola and Samsung device. Once the app is installed on both devices, select “Android Device” as the old device and then click “Start”
Step 2: Select the Motorola as the “Sending” device and the Samsung as the “Receiving” device and then tap on “Connect”.
Step 3: Once the devices are connected, select the data you want to transfer to the Samsung device and then click “Transfer” to begin the process.
MobileTrans-Phone Transfer and Smart Switch Combination
The two methods outlined above are both effective in their own ways. But here are the differences between the two, just to show you how they compare to one another.
1. Types of Data to Transfer
MobileTrans allows users to transfer more types of data from one device to another than any other transfer tool we’ve found. You can use it to transfer all the popular types of data including contacts, photos, music, messages, video and also app data like WhatsApp, WeChat, LINE and Viber data.
Smart Switch on the other hand will allow you to transfer different types of data, but some types of data are restricted.
2. Supported Devices
MobileTrans supports more than 6000 Android devices and all iOS devices. This means you can transfer data from any other device, even iOS devices to your Samsung.
Smart Switch, while very effective in the transfer of data may not support all devices. This makes it less than idea particularly for people who have rarer devices.
3. Backup and Restore Data
MobileTrans is not just a data transfer tool, you can use it to create full backups of all the data on your device and then restore the same data back on to the device when you need to.
Smart Switch on the other hand lacks the backup and restore feature. In fact, it is only useful for those who want to transfer data when switching devices.
4. Ease of Use
It is worth noting that MobileTrans makes the process of transferring data from one device to another regardless of the platform the devices run on. The simple user interface makes it one of the best solutions.
On the other hand, Samsung Smart Switch can cause some problems especially when using the wireless connection to transfer data. A lot of things could go wrong when the devices are not properly aligned.
The Bottom Line
The two solutions above provide the best way to transfer data from Motorola to Samsung S20. You can choose from the two solutions depending on your specific circumstances and whether you would like to use a wireless method as is the case with Samsung Smart Switch or a USB connection as is the case with MobileTrans. Whatever solution you choose, follow the instructions laid out above to implement the solution completely. If you have any questions or comments about either of the methods above, let us know in the comments section below and we’ll be glad to help.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data..