2 Smart Ways to Transfer Data from Samsung to Sony Xperia Devices
Written By Axel Nash | Nov 25,2020
Recently, Xperia phones have seen a lot of changes and are expected to make a comeback in the market. If you have also got a new Xperia device, then you can undergo a similar situation as well. Thankfully, there are plenty of methods to help us transfer data from Samsung to Sony Xperia devices. To make things easier for you, I have listed a stepwise tutorial to perform Samsung to Sony transfer using two hassle-free tools.
Part 1: Transfer Data from Samsung to Sony Xperia with MobileTrans – Phone Transfer [Fast and Easy]
If you are looking for the best way to transfer data from Samsung to Sony, then just take the assistance of MobileTrans – Phone Transfer. It is a part of the MobileTrans toolkit that provides a direct device to device data transfer solution. You can just connect both the devices to your system and use the desktop application to perform Samsung to Sony transfer.
- • MobileTrans – Phone Transfer supports the transfer of 17 different kinds of data, like your photos, videos, music, contacts, call logs, notes, and so on.
- • The tool is extremely secure and will directly transfer your files without saving your data in between.
- • It supports 8000+ devices and can transfer data between Android and Android, iOS and iOS, or even Android and iOS devices.
- • Users are allowed to select the type of data they wish to move from one device to another in advance.
- • The application is extremely easy to use and will not reset your device or would delete its existing data in the process.
To learn how to transfer data from Samsung to Sony Xperia using MobileTrans – Phone Transfer, you can follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Launch the MobileTrans – Phone Transfer application
At first, just install the application on your computer and launch it to perform Samsung to Sony transfer. From all the provided options on the welcome screen of MobileTrans, select the “Phone Transfer” module.
Step 2: Mark the Source and Target Devices
Henceforth, connect your Samsung and Sony devices to the system and let MobileTrans detect them. To transfer data from Samsung to Sony Xperia, Samsung should be marked as a source device while your Xperia phone must be the destination device. If not, you can use the “Flip” option to correct it.
Step 3: Transfer data from Samsung to Sony
In the end, you can just select the type of data that you can wish to move from Samsung to Sony and click on the “Start” button. There is an option to reset the Sony Xperia phone that you can enable if you want to. Now, just wait for a while as the application will perform a quick Samsung to Sony data transfer.
Once the transfer of your files is completed, you will be notified, so that you can safely remove both the phones from your computer.
- • Fast and extremely easy to use
- • Supports all the leading data types
- • Can also perform a cross-platform transfer of data
- • No wireless transfer is supported as of now
Part 2: Transfer Data from Samsung to Sony Devices with Xperia Transfer Mobile
To make it easier for us to transfer data from Samsung to Sony, the company has come up with a dedicated solution – Xperia Transfer Mobile. You can just install the application on your Android device to perform Samsung to Sony transfer. There are different ways to transfer data from Samsung to Sony Xperia using the application. You can either connect both the devices using a USB adapter or establish a wireless connection between them.
Once both the devices are connected, you can move your photos, videos, contacts, call logs, and other basic data types from Samsung to Sony. Most of the people prefer to perform Samsung to Sony transfer wirelessly with the Xperia Transfer Mobile app. For this, the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features on both the devices should be enabled and they must be located nearby. Later, you can follow these steps to transfer data from Samsung to Sony Xperia.
Step 1: Install the Xperia Transfer Mobile App
Ideally, your Sony Xperia would automatically have the app preinstalled. Though, you can first visit the Play Store on your Samsung device and install the Xperia Transfer Mobile app on it.
Step 2: Connect your Samsung and Xperia phones
Afterward, place both the devices nearby, turn on their network connection, and launch the Xperia Transfer Mobile app. At first, you need to mark Samsung as the sending device and Xperia as the receiving phone. Also, you can choose to connect both the phones via a cable or wirelessly.
If you have opted for the wireless connection, then a unique pin would be displayed on your Sony phone that you need to enter on your Samsung device. Alternatively, you can also scan a QR code to connect both the devices.
Step 3: Perform Samsung to Sony transfer
Once you have entered the right pin, you will get a relevant prompt on your Xperia phone that you can agree to. In the end, you can just select the type of data that you wish to move and accept the incoming files on your Xperia device.
- • Wireless data transfer is supported
- • A freely available Android app
- • It is pretty complicated to use
- • The target phone has to be an Xperia device
- • Does not support all data types (like app data)
- • Takes a lot of time
- • A lot of users encounter connectivity issues with it
Now when you know about two smart ways to transfer data from Samsung to Sony, you can easily switch to your new phone with no data loss. Since users often encounter connectivity issues with Xperia Transfer Mobile, it is better to use MobileTrans – Phone Transfer. It provides a one-click direct Samsung to Sony transfer solution that you can implement in no time. It is recommended to keep the tool handy as it can help you move your data between Android and iOS devices seamlessly.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data..