'Last seen' is a privacy feature on WhatsApp that allows users to set who can see when they got active on the app. However, the truth is not everyone using WhatsApp knows about this feature, and if you're among such folks, don't hesitate to read this article to find out how it works.
In this post, we've briefly explained different methods you can use to turn off WhatsApp last seen either on iPhone or Android. Plus, you'll get heads up on the best trick to help you manage your WhatsApp data efficiently.
Part 1: How does Last Seen Status Work?
As stated earlier, the WhatsApp last seen status is a privacy feature that allows users to set who can see when they got active on the app. The features support 4 options:
Everyone: Your last seen is viewable by everyone you're chatting with on your WhatsApp, even if you don't save their number.
My Contacts: Your last seen is only accessible by people on your WhatsApp contact list.
My Contacts Except: This means everyone on your contact list can see your last seen status except the ones you've selected.
Nobody: Nobody on WhatsApp on see your last seen status. And you won't be able to see other people's last seen statuses.
Part 2: Turn off Last Seen on WhatsApp [3 Workable Methods]
You can turn off last seen on WhatsApp using different methods, and to save you from unwanted stress, we've summarized the best three workable ways that can always come in handy for you to turn off WhatsApp last seen on any phone.
Method 1: How to Turn off WhatsApp Last Seen on iPhone
The process of turning off WhatsApp last seen on iPhone is pretty straightforward. You don't need to be a tech guru, nor do you need to install any third-party software. All it takes is just a few clicks.
Follow to stepwise guide illustrated below to turn off WhatsApp last seen on iPhones now;
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp on your iOS device.
- Step 2: Tap on the Settings icon at the bottom section of the page > Select Account.
- Step 3: Tap on 'Privacy' then select 'Last Seen'.
- Step 4: Select 'Nobody' to prevent your contact from seeing your last seen.
Method 2: Turn off Last Seen on WhatsApp on Android
Turning off WhatsApp last seen on Android, is simple and can be done from the 'Settings' section. See the steps outlined below to execute the operation of turning off last seen WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Step 1: Launch WhatsApp on your Android phone > Navigate to the top right corner and click on the three dots icon, then select 'Settings' from the drop-down list that appears.
- Step 2: Locate 'Account' then select 'Privacy'.
- Step 3: Tap on 'Last Seen' and select 'Nobody'.
Method 3: How to Turn off Your Last Seen on WhatsApp Web
For WhatsApp web users, you're not left out. You can also turn off your last seen status when using WhatsApp web. All you need is the WAIncognito chrome extension to make this possible.
Read on to see the steps to turn off last seen on WhatsApp web using WAIncognito.
- Step 1: Open your Chrome browser and navigate to Chrome Web Store. Then search for 'WAIncognito and install it on your browser.
- Step 2: After the installation is completed, click on Manage extensions, then enable incognito for your WhatsApp web by clicking the toggle next to 'Allow in incognito' to turn it on.
- Step 3: Now, adjust the settings of WAIncognito according to your preference, then open WhatsApp on your browser. Your last seen status should be turned off now.
Part 3: Additional FAQs
How to tell if someone has turned off last seen on WhatsApp?
If someone has turned off their WhatsApp last seen, you won't be able to see the last time they were active.
What happens when you turn off last seen on WhatsApp?
Once you turn off last seen on WhatsApp, you'll restrict your contacts from seeing your last seen time and you won't be able to see other people's last seen time.
How to turn off last seen on WhatsApp for one person?
To turn off last seen on WhatsApp for one person, you have to navigate to Settings > Select 'Account' and locate 'Privacy'> Then tap on Last Seen and choose 'My Contacts Except' to select the person whom you don't want to see your last seen on WhatsApp.
Image name: turn-off-last-seen-on-whatsapp-9.jpg
Bonus: How to Manage Your WhatsApp Data
To manage your WhatsApp data on any device, you need a reliable and very efficient data management tool like MobileTrans. The tool supports many features like WhatsApp data transfer, backup, and restoration. Plus, you can use it to recover WhatsApp deleted data in just one click.
The One-stop WhatsApp Manage Tool!
- • Support cross-platform WhatsApp data transfer (iPhone to Android and vice versa)
- • Recover deleted WhatsApp data on Android.
- • Backup WhatsApp chats to computer for free.
- • Export WhatsApp messages to PDF/HTML to view them anywhere you want.
- • Work perfectly with 6000+ mobile devices.
a. Transfer WhatsApp Messages Between Phone
MobileTrans facilitates the easy transfer of WhatsApp messages, including chats, media, and files, within over 6000 devices. It doesn't matter if you want to transfer messages from iPhone to Android or vice versa.
b. Backup WhatsApp to Computer for Free
You can also backup your WhatsApp data to the computer if you don't have enough storage on your device. It allows you to backup all kinds of data, be it messages, shared files, photos, videos, etc.
c. Export Chats and View Them on Computer
If you're looking to export chats to your computer and view them, MobileTrans got you covered. You can transfer your WhatsApp data from any device to a PC either in PDF or HTML format.
d. Recover Deleted WhatsApp Data [Android]
Did you accidentally delete your WhatsApp data on Android, MobileTrans can help you recover the data within just a few clicks.
Turning off WhatsApp last seen on iPhone or Android, is as easy as taking a walk in the park. In this post, we've summarized all you need to know about WhatsApp last seen. From how it works to the simple methods to turn it off. Also, if you're looking to manage your WhatsApp data, MobileTrans is a great tool that can always come in handy to help you get the job done like a pro.