Well, this might sound unbelievable but the fact is a lost WhatsApp account can be recovered. It doesn't matter how you've lost it, there are several fixes that you can employ to recover a lost WhatsApp account and its data without compromise.
Read this article to learn simple fixes to execute a simple WhatsApp account recovery operation in a few clicks.
Part 1: How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Account
We've explained the simplest deleted WhatsApp account recovery solutions that work perfectly, and you don't need any technical knowledge to get the job done using these methods. But before we proceed, a quick question most people ask we would like to answer is; "Is WhatsApp deletion the same as WhatsApp account deactivation?"
Well, deleting WhatsApp accounts involves removing all your WhatsApp messages and other data from the WhatsApp server. Once you delete a WhatsApp account, you will you're your WhatsApp chats, backup on Google Drive or iCloud. And leave all your WhatsApp groups. And it's impossible to retrieve them.
Deactivating a WhatsApp account, on the other hand, does not delete your WhatsApp account. Your chat history with friends and family is still there, you can still receive new messages, but you cannot read them since you remove the app from your phone.
Method 1: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Account
Recovering a deleted WhatsApp account is quite easy. All you need to do is re-register your WhatsApp account using the same mobile number. But, let's see how to delete your WhatsApp account first;
- Step 1: Open your WhatsApp and go to Settings.
- Step 2: Tap on Account and select 'Delete Account'
- Step 3: Up next, enter your WhatsApp number in the international format, then tap 'Delete My Account.
- Step 4: Choose why you want to delete your WhatsApp account, then tap 'Delete My Account to complete the process.
Note: Even though it takes 90 days to remove all data from your account after deleting it, you can no longer access the messages, backups, and more once you deleted the account.
The steps below illustrate the process of recovering deleted WhatsApp accounts seamlessly.
- Step 1: Reinstall the WhatsApp application on your mobile device.
- Step 2: Start the WhatsApp application, then re-register an account with your mobile number.
- Step 3: A six-digit code will be sent to your number to activate the WhatsApp account.
- Step 4: Now, you'll be given access to your deleted WhatsApp account instantly. You can start connecting with your contacts.
Method 2: Recover Deactivate WhatsApp Account
To deactivate a WhatsApp account, you just have to uninstall the WhatsApp application from your device. The process is explained below;
- Step 1: Open Settings on your Android phone > select Apps & Notifications.
- Step 2: Locate WhatsApp, then click 'Uninstall' to delete it.
- If you're using an iPhone, just hold down the WhatsApp application from your home screen. Then from the list that shows, tap on Delete App.
- Confirm the uninstalling operation by tapping Delete again from the pop-up.
If you've deactivated your WhatsApp account, you could still recover it back by reinstalling WhatsApp on your device. Then sign in to your account.
Steps to execute the deactivated account recovery operation are outlined below;
- Step 1: Reinstall the WhatsApp application on your device.
- Step 2: Sign in to your WhatsApp account using your number. Then verify the number.
- Step 3: Now, restore the backup when you get to the data restoration page.
- Step 4: Afterward, tap Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Part 2: How to Recover My WhatsApp Account - Lost/Stolen Phone
If your phone got lost or stolen and you're looking to recover your WhatsApp account, the best way to do so is to deactivate your account on the lost/stolen phone first. Then reactivate your WhatsApp account by using a new SIM with the same number and retrieve your WhatsApp data (You must retrieve data within 30 days).
Let's see how to deactivate a WhatsApp account on a lost/stolen phone before we show you the fix to reactivate your WhatsApp account.
How to Deactivate WhatsApp account
- You need to lock your SIM card first to deactivate your WhatsApp account on a lost/stolen phone. To do so, you must reach out to your network provider to lock it. It will make it impossible for any user to verify the commented WhatsApp account on the stolen phone, as the mobile number can no longer receive any phone call or SMS.
- Another way to deactivate a WhatsApp account is by contacting WhatsApp support. You can connect with them via email. With the phrase"Lost/Stolen: Please deactivate my account" in the body of the message and your phone number in full international form.
Recover WhatsApp Account on Lost/Stolen Phone
- Step 1: Firstly, you need to get a new SIM card with the same mobile number used in the deactivated WhatsApp account. Your network provider could help you arrange for this.
- Step 2: Once you reactivate your number on a new SIM card. Install WhatsApp on your phone and log into your account using the number.
- Step 3: Restore from your backups, and you'll be able to access your WhatsApp messages. You can start chatting and viewing the WhatsApp status of your friends.
Note: You must activate your WhatsApp account within 30 days to be able to retrieve your WhatsApp data, including WhatsApp groups. Failure to do so means your data will be automatically deleted from WhatsApp backup storage forever.
Part 3: Back up Your WhatsApp First before Deleting WhatsApp Account
Since deleting a WhatsApp account would also delete your backups on Google Drive and iCloud, we'd recommend using MobileTrans to Backup WhatsApp first, in case you have a second thought in the future.
MobileTrans is a free data management tool that allows users to execute data backup, transfer, and restoration on over 6000 mobile devices, including Android and iPhones. Besides, MobileTrans also supports phone-to-phone WhatsApp data transfer, and the fantastic thing is that the tool does all these more quickly and efficiently.
Easy to Backup to PC and Best Way to Restore iTunes Backup in 1 Click!
- • Backup WhatsApp data to Windows PC and Mac for free
- • Export your WhatsApp messages to your computer in PDF/HTML format.
- • Supports transfer of WhatsApp data from one phone to another handily
- • Easy to operate even for non-tech savvy people
- • Supports the latest Android and iOS versions
How to Backup WhatsApp Account Data Using MobileTrans
- Step 1: Go to MobileTrans official website and install the software on your Mac/Windows computer. Then connect your phone to the computer.
- Step 2: Start MobileTrans software on your computer > click the 'Backup & Restore' option from the home interface > Navigate to 'App Backup & Restore' and click 'Backup'.
- Step 3: A list of Apps whose data can be backed up using MobileTrans will be displayed on your PC screen. Just select WhatsApp.
- Step 4: Please choose the category of data you want to backup on your WhatsApp by ticking the checkbox next to it. Then, hit the Start button to begin the backup data operation.
- Step 5: Once MobileTrans has completed the WhatsApp data backup, disconnect your phone from the PC.
MobileTrans is a perfect go-to data backup, transfer, and restoration tool that any user can always rely on to manage their WhatsApp data. You don't even need to be a tech guru to be able to use the tool.
Recovering your lost WhatsApp account shouldn't be a stressful task. This guide has covered every aspect of WhatsApp data recovery solutions that can always be handy for anyone whose WhatsApp account gets deleted, hacked, or deactivated.
Also, to save yourself from total data loss after losing your WhatsApp account, we recommend using MobileTrans to backup your WhatsApp data to a computer first. Then, it allows you to quickly access your chats, videos, and other data after your WhatsApp account is deleted.