It’s been a while since technology has pledged to help users in every way. And one of the innovation through which we are greatly and satisfactorily helped is WhatsApp messenger. It is an extremely great way to be in touch with the ones who carries great important in our lives. The best part about this app is it lets you get in contact with anyone across the globe if you have their contact. Considering it as a prime messenger app, knowing how to manage contacts or add someone on WhatsApp becomes vital to get the most out of it. However there are many people who are lazy learning about it. This post won’t take long and within a few minutes, you will be aware of how to add someone on WhatsApp.
Part 1: How to add someone on WhatsApp
Before we jump to the step by step tutorial, it should be noted that you must have that person’s contact number with you if you want to add him/her on your WhatsApp. Here in this section, we’re going to get through the detailed process of how to add someone on WhatsApp (be it Android or an iOS variant).
- Please ensure that your Android/iOS device is connected firmly with a high speed internet network, for instance a Wi-Fi.
- The phone number of the respective contact must be registered over WhatsApp. Or else, it won’t be visible on your WhatsApp contact list.
How to add someone on WhatsApp on Android devices:
Step 1: Add the respective Contact to your Contact list
- Keep the Phone number of the contact (that you wish to add on WhatsApp) handy with you. And launch WhatsApp over your device.
- Hit on the “Chat” icon available over the right bottom of your screen.
- Then, hit on the “New Contact” option. You’ll now be redirected to “Create new contact” screen.
- Add the necessary details (Name and phone number) and push “Save”.
- Alternatively, you can also add the respective contact to your contact list via the “Contacts” app of your device.
- Launch “Contacts” and hit on the “+/New” icon at the bottom.
- Then, add the necessary details (Name and phone number) over the “Create new contact” screen. Hit “Save” afterwards.
Step 2: Refresh “WhatsApp Contact List”
- Next, you need to launch the WhatsApp over your device again followed by tapping the “Chat” icon.
- Then, hit on the “3 vertical dots” over right top of your screen and opt for the “Refresh” option.
- WhatsApp will now establish the sync between your contacts and its database. Within a short while, the added contact will show up on your contact list.
How to add someone on WhatsApp On iPhone devices:
Step 1: Add the respective Contact to your iPhone Contact list
- Launch the “Contacts” app of your iPhone and then hit on the “+” icon available on top right of your screen.
- Now, add the important contact information (i.e. Name and phone number) over the “New contact” screen. Hit “Done/Create” afterwards.
- Alternatively, you can also add the respective contact to your contact list via WhatsApp itself. Get into the WhatsApp app of your device and then hit the “New Chat” icon available over the top right of your screen.
- Then, hit on the “New Contact” option and the “New contact” window will come up on your screen. Add the mandatory information, i.e. Name and phone number. Hit on “Done” afterwards.
Part 2: How to Add Someone on WhatsApp Group
Now that you’re familiar with how to add someone on WhatsApp, why not understand the tutorial for how to add someone on WhatsApp group. Here are the detailed step by step instructions on it for both the Android and iOS devices.
How to Add Someone on WhatsApp Group – Android
- First, get into the WhatsApp app and then hit on the “New Chat” icon (green circular button) on the right bottom. Next, you need to opt for the “New Group” option available at the top.
- Now, from the appearing window, you need to select the contacts that you wish to add to the new WhatsApp group. Once you are satisfied with your selection, hit on the “Right Arrow” icon (green circular button) on the bottom right of your screen.
- Lastly, you’re required to punch in a name for your group and set an image as well depending upon your preference. Lastly, hit on the “Tick mark” icon in the green circular button and you’re done.
How to Add Someone on WhatsApp Group – iPhone
Adding someone on WhatsApp group over iPhone is a bit different than Android OS. Here’s how to get it done.
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone and then get into the “Chats” section available at the bottom of your screen. Next, hit on the “New Group” link just below the “Search” bar.
- Now, a “New Group” window will pop up. Here, punch in the Group name as per your preference. Also, hit “add photo” to set a custom image for your group icon. Push “Next” afterwards.
- Lastly, you need to add participants to your group. For this, you can make use of the “Search bar” and start typing the name of the contact you wish to add to the group. Tap on the contact name in the results below and then hit on “Create” over the right top of your screen. That’s about it, you’re good to go now!
Part 3: How to Add Someone on WhatsApp from Another Country
Let’s suppose you have a relative or friend in another country. You may now wonder, how to add someone on WhatsApp from another country, correct? Well, that’s no big deal! All you need to have is the ISD code of the country in which your known person is and of course, the phone number of your contact.
Once you have it, simply make sure to add a “+” sign and the ISD country code before the phone number while creating a “New Contact” in your Contacts app. For instance, if your known person is in UK, the ISD country code for UK is “44”. Therefore, you must enter your contact as: “+44 123 456 7890”.
Recommended: Backup WhatsApp with MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer
Well, you’ve learnt everything about adding someone to your WhatsApp contact list. And also, to create a new group and how to add participants to it. Now, since you’ve switch your devices (or perhaps not), how about learning how to backup WhatsApp to safeguard your messages and data from data loss scenarios? Well, to serve the purpose, we’re more than happy to introduce a highly efficient and powerful tool, MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer.
With this mighty to you not only can perform backup of your WhatsApp chats and data. But you’re also enabled to migrate chat and data to another Android or iOS device. Yes, you read it right, this tool is capable of migrating your WhatsApp chats between cross-platform devices as well and that too, without any data loss. Interesting, isn’t it?
Here’s the step by step tutorial on how to make use of this tool to backup your WhatsApp.
Step 1: Download MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer
Now, install it and launch it over. From the mainscreen of the tool, opt for the “WhatsApp Transfer” option.
Step 2: Opt for what you need to do
Now, WhatsApp Transfer will launch up your screen. Select the function, i.e. “Backup WhatsApp messages” tile out of the 3 options available. Meanwhile get your device (be it Android or iOS) connected with your computer.
Step 3: Wait for the backup to complete
Once your device is detected by the tool, the backup of your Whatsapp chats and data will get started automatically. You can see the status of the process of the backup over your screen.
Once the backup is completed, you will be redirected to a new screen where you can either view the backup data or restore it back.
Phew! That was all that you need to know about how to add someone on WhatsApp. Moreover, when it comes to backup, we are positive that you no longer have to worry about it if you have MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer by your side.