How to Remove Blue Tick From WhatsApp on Android and iOS Devices
Written By Axel Nash | May 18,2021
If you have been using WhatsApp for a while, then you might be familiar with the Read Receipt feature that is depicted by a blue tick. While the feature is pretty useful, a lot of people don’t want other users to know whether they have read their messages. In this case, you can learn how to remove blue ticks in WhatsApp. To help you, I’m going to come up with a detailed tutorial on how to remove blue ticks in WhatsApp on Android and iOS devices.
Part 1: What is the Difference between Gray and Blue Ticks in WhatsApp?
Before we learn how to remove blue ticks on WhatsApp, it is important to cover some basics. For instance, while using WhatsApp, you could have been single and double grey ticks adjacent to your messages as well. Ideally, blue and grey ticks represent the following things in WhatsApp.
- • Single grey tick: This means that the message has been sent from your phone, but it has not been delivered on the other person’s device.
- • Double grey ticks: If you have two grey ticks, then it means the message has been delivered, but might not be read.
- • Double blue ticks: This means the message has been delivered on their phone and has been read by the user.
To know more about the status of your message, just long-press it, and go to the info section. This will display the timestamp for the delivery and read receipts.
If you disable the Read Receipt feature (the blue ticks) on WhatsApp, then your contacts would not know whether you have read their messages or not. They will not get single or double grey ticks for the delivery of the message. Though, after turning off the read receipt option, you would not be able to see blue ticks for any other contact as well.
Part 2: How to Remove Blue Ticks from WhatsApp on iPhone?
Now when we have covered the basics, we can easily learn how to remove blue ticks on WhatsApp. Since the blue ticks appear due to the Read Receipt option, you can just turn this feature off whenever you want. Here’s how to remove blue ticks from WhatsApp on iPhone.
- To begin with, just launch WhatsApp on your iPhone and tap on the gear icon from the bottom to visit its settings.
- Once the WhatsApp Settings window is launched, just browse to its Account > Privacy Settings.
- Now, from the list of the available options in the Privacy section, find the “Read Receipt” feature and toggle it off.
After turning off the Read Receipt option, your contacts won’t get any blue tick for their messages sent to you. Similarly, even you can’t see any blue tick for your messages on WhatsApp.
Part 3: How to Remove Blue Tick from WhatsApp on Android Devices?
Just like iOS devices, you can turn off the Read Receipt feature on Android devices as well. You can turn off/on this feature whenever and as many times as you want so that you can display or remove blue ticks for any message. To learn how to remove blue ticks in WhatsApp on an Android phone, follow this basic drill.
- Firstly, just launch WhatsApp on your Android device and tap on the three-dot icon from the top to visit its settings.
- Now, on your WhatsApp Settings, browse to its Account > Privacy section and look for the “Read Receipt” feature.
- If the “Read Receipts” are on, then the blue ticks would appear on WhatsApp. To disable blue ticks, just toggle the Read Receipts feature off.
Afterward, your contacts can no longer view a blue tick for the messages that are sent to you. Since you won’t get blue ticks for your messages as well, you can just turn it on by following the same process.
Part 4: How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Messages?
By now, you would be able to learn how to remove blue ticks on WhatsApp on iPhone or Android. Besides that, you can also take the assistance of MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer to backup, restore, and transfer your WhatsApp data.
- • Using MobileTrans, you can directly backup all WhatsApp data (chats, attachments, etc.) to your computer.
- • The application will help you maintain different versions of WhatsApp backup separately.
- • Later, you can also select any WhatsApp backup file and restore it to the same or any other Android/iOS device.
- • Not just that, MobileTrans can also be used to directly transfer WhatsApp data from one device to another.
You can follow these simple steps to backup and restore your data with the help of MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer.
Step 1: Launch the WhatsApp Backup tool
To begin with, you can just launch MobileTrans on your computer, visit its WhatsApp Transfer section, and choose to Backup WhatsApp Messages.
Step 2: Backup your WhatsApp Data
Now, using a working USB or a lightning cable, you can connect your smartphone to the computer and let the application detect it.
Click on the “Start” button and just wait as MobileTrans would save your WhatsApp message. In case you have an Android, then go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and backup your data first.
Once the backup is completed on your phone, launch WhatsApp, and choose to restore the recently taken backup from the local storage.
When the backup process is completed, you will be notified, and can safely disconnect your device from the system.
Step 3: Restore WhatsApp Data to any Device
If you want, you can also restore your WhatsApp backup to any device. For this, connect the target phone, launch MobileTrans, and go to its WhatsApp Transfer > Restore section.
Now, from the list of the available backup files, simply select a backup of your choice, and click on the “Start” button.
After this, wait for a few minutes as MobileTrans will restore your chats to the connected device without any hassle.
This brings us to the end of this detailed guide on how to remove blue ticks from WhatsApp on iPhone and Android. Since the process is pretty simple, anyone can learn how to remove blue ticks in WhatsApp by disabling the read receipt feature. Apart from that, if you don’t want to lose your WhatsApp chats, then consider using MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer to back up your data on your computer as well.