Out of several leading OS firmware for mobile devices, Android and iOS are the two renowned and widely used ones. At times, users switch from Android to iPhone, while another switch from iPhone to Android to experience features and technology at its best. And about this, how to restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Android? This article will understand all possible methods to restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Android effectively!
Method 1: Restore directly with MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer [Recommended]
Without much talking, we’re glad to introduce the MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. Known to be the best and highly effective measure to backup or restore Social App data between cross-platform devices. For instance, from an Android smartphone to an iPhone device and vice-versa, this is the easiest and the recommended tool. Be it to restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Android or to simply backup your social app data for future use, you can always rely on this mighty tool. Not only between cross-platform devices, but you can also perform the same functions to backup or restore social app data from one Android to another Android. Or, from an iOS device to another iOS device.
Let’s now explore the step-wise tutorial of this mighty tool that restores WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Android!
Step 1: Restore WhatsApp backup file from iCloud to iPhone
First things first, you need to restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud to iPhone. For this, perform the steps below.
1. Launch WhatsApp over your iPhone and check if a WhatsApp iCloud backup is available or not. Get into “Settings” from the bottom and then tap on “Chats” followed by “Chat Backup”. If the WhatsApp iCloud backup is available, you see it right here.
2. Now, get back to the home screen of your iPhone and tap + hold over the WhatsApp icon. It will start to jiggle. Hit on “X” over it to uninstall WhatsApp. Then, get into App Store and reinstall WhatsApp.
3. Launch WhatsApp now and activate it with the same phone number that was configured before. WhatsApp will then look for a backup over iCloud. Hit on “Restore Chat History” and you’re done.
Step 2: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
Now that you have the iCloud backup restored over iPhone, it’s time to directly migrate it to the Android device.
1. Launch MobileTrans and then opt for WhatsApp Transfer. Then select “WhatsApp Transfer” tab to continue.
2. Now, get both your iPhone and Android device connected to your PC respectively using genuine USB cables only.
3. The tool will now detect the devices automatically. In case, the “Source” device and “Destination” device are not as required, i.e. “Source” should be iPhone and “Destination” should be Android. Hit the “Flip” button in the middle to get them correct.
4. Then, hit on the “Start” at the bottom of the tool and confirm your actions over the pop-up window. Within a short while, the transfer will be completed.
5. Lastly, launch WhatsApp over the Android device, and on the restore backup screen, you need to push the “Restore” button. That’s it.
Method 2: Restore whatsapp backup from iCloud to Android
So that was a hassle free way to restore whatsapp backup from iCloud to Android. How about learning some other proven ways to serve the purpose? Here’s what you need to do to restore whatsapp backup from iCloud to Android.
Step 1: Restore whatsapp backup file from iCloud to iPhone
Since you’re trying to restore whatsapp backup from iCloud to Android. It is mandatory to first retrieve the data back into your iPhone from iCloud backup. For the detailed steps to get this done, please refer to the guide mentioned above in Method 1 – Step 1. Once done, you can proceed with the steps mentioned below.
Step 2: Transfer whatsapp from iPhone to Android
Well, now you have the basic requirements done by retrieving iCloud backup over iPhone. It’s time to migrate it to the Android device with the solutions mentioned below.
1. via Email – free solution to restore whatsapp backup from iCloud (iPhone) to Android
Yes, you can email your entire chat history and attachments to your Android device’s email. Hence, email does play a vital role when it comes to restoring whatsapp backup from iCloud to Android. Though this method is not known by all, it can certainly be a good workaround technique to have it backed up over your mail. But the drawback with this method is that email has a certain limit of file size, if your data exceeds that limit, then this method is of no use. Here’re the steps you need to perform.
1. Launch WhatsApp and hit on any of the conversation that you would like to export to email. Then, tap on the “contact name” available on the top of your iPhone. Now, scroll down to the “Export Chat” option and hit on it.
2. As soon as you do it, a pop-up will ask you whether to “Attach Media” or “Without Media”. Make a selection as per your preference and then select to share via “Mail”.
3. You’ll now get to see that the conversation and the attachment data are already attached to your email. Simply, punch in the target email in the “To” section, at which you would like to receive the exported chats. Hit on the Send button over the top once you’re done.
4. Now, grab your Android device and sign in to the target email to which you have just sent your chat backup. You’ll see the backup is right there available in your inbox. You can view the messages in the TXT file. However, cannot simply sync these messages to your Android WhatsApp app.
2. via Wazzap Migrator – paid solution to restore whatsapp backup from iCloud (iPhone) to Android
Unlike Email method, you can directly sync your whatsapp messages from iPhone backup to Android Whatsapp app. The process is a bit complex, be careful while performing the steps mentioned below.
1. First, you need to create a backup of iPhone using iTunes. For this, plug in your iPhone to the PC and iTunes will come up automatically. Hit on the “Device” icon at the left top followed by opting for the “Summary” tab in the left panel. Lastly, hit the “Back Up Now” button.
2. Now, download the iBackupViewer app and install it. Launch the tool and select the “local backup” you just made.
3. On the upcoming screen, you need to hit on the “Raw Files” icon followed by the “Tree view” button on the top right.
- Then, get into the “AppDomainGroup-group.net.whatsapp.WhatsApp.shared” folder and look for the “ChatStorage.sqlite” file followed by exporting it to your PC.
- Now, grab your Android device, get it connected to the computer, and transfer the “ChatStorage.sqlite” file into the internal storage of your device.
- Next, head to Play Store and look for “Wazzap Migrator” app over it. Install the app and launch it over your device.
- On the mainscreen, “Select iPhone Archive” button at the top, hit on it, and then navigate to the “ChatStorage.sqlite” file over the internal storage.
- Lastly, select the data that you wish to transfer to your Android device. Confirm your actions and it will then start converting iPhone messages into the Android Whatsapp.
Now that you’ve know all possible methods to restore whatsapp backup from iCloud to Android. We’re pretty sure that the MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer must have ruled over your mind with its one-click method to restore whatsapp backup from iCloud to Android and that too without any hassles.