However, if you're switching from an Android device to a new iPhone and managing to migrate your WhatsApp chat history, this guide gives you better knowledge that does not require any technical knowledge to perform this task. Besides, we will offer extra tips on backup and restoring WhatsApp with Google Drive.
Part 1: How to Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone
In this section, you will be learning about two methods to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone in detail.
Method 1: Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone free
The basic idea in this transfer is that you have to move the backup file from Google Drive to Android and then proceed with the iPhone. The direct restoration from Google Drive to iPhone is impossible because Google Drive is incompatible with the iOS platform. Here are the steps:
- On your Android Phone, download the WhatsApp app and install it.
- Sign in with the credentials and enter the code for the verification process.
- After the installation, when you open the app, a window appears requesting to trigger the restore process. Click the ‘Restore’ button.
Now the backup WhatsApp messages are restored to Android phones. The next step is to transfer the chat data from Android to iPhone.
- Open your WhatsApp and go to the ‘Settings’ option by tapping the dotted line at the top right side of the screen.
- In the ‘Settings’ menu, go to ‘Chat’ followed by ‘Chat History’ and then tap ‘Export Chat’. You have to select the chat data to commence the export process.
- From the popup window, click the Gmail icon which leads to the compose screen.
It is way too complicated to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone to access your previous WhatsApp chat history on iPhone. You can simply transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone directly without Google Drive.
Method 2: Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone with MobileTrans
Here you are going to make use of MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone. This tool has amazing features in the phone-to-phone data transfer field. Before going into detail with steps get to know about this tool to some extent.
Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone with 1 Click!
- • Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone easily.
- • Backup and restore your WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, WeChat , and Line chats to the computer.
- • Move data between devices with different operating systems, i.e. iOS to Android.
- • Supports over 8000+ Android devices. Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
You can install the windows version to try out these steps. Carefully watch out for the steps without any skips to ensure the successful completion of the procedure.
1. Visit the official website of MobileTrans and download the Windows version. Install it and tap the Google Drive to WhatsApp icon to commence the transfer process.
2. Log into your Google account to find your WhatsApp backups.
3. You must verify your identity first.
4. Choose the backup file you want to transfer to your iPhone and click to download it.
5. View your WhatsApp backup and Tap 'Restore to Device' to restore them to your iPhone.
6. Then you will receive a message that your phone is restored.
Here is the video tutorial about restoring WhatsApp with MobileTrans. And you can find more interesting videos on Wondershare Video Community.
Part 2: How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp with Google Drive
With the help of the settings option in WhatsApp, you can make a regular backup of the WhatsApp chat messages on the Google drive easily. Follow the below guidelines to make a backup and restore the chat data with the Google Drive.
Backup of WhatsApp on Google Drive
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Tap the dotted lines on the top right of the screen.
3. Select "Settings" from the expanded list.
4. Then, choose "Chats".
5. Proceed with the selection of "Chat backup".
6. Now click the "Backup to Google Drive" button.
7. Click the "Google Account" where you would like to make a backup of the WhatsApp chats.
8. Hit the "Allow" option.
9. Enable the ‘Include videos’ to back up the video files along with the chat messages.
10. Finally, click the ‘Back up’ option to initiate the backup process on the WhatsApp social app.
Ensure the above steps are completed to establish an automatic backup of WhatsApp chats and videos on Google Drive. You can also make changes in the settings of WhatsApp as per your requirement.
Restore WhatsApp on Google Drive
Surf through the following steps listed below to learn about the restore process on Google Drive
- Go to Google Play store and download the WhatsApp.
- Soon after the download, you must install it by following the wizards.
- Open the app after a successful installation.
- Tap "Agree and Continue".
- Enter your WhatsApp phone number.
- Verify by entering the code received in your device.
- Click the "Continue" button.
- Now press the "Restore" button.
- Enter your name and click "Next".
You can view the chat page soon after the tapping of the ‘Next’ button. The restore process is completed successfully with the help of the built-in settings in the WhatsApp. You need not require an external tool to achieve this task. The Restore option works out only if the chat messages were properly backup on Google Drive, or you will receive an error message during the restore procedure.
Therefore, do not lose your data at any means instead make a backup wisely with the help of the above-discussed methods. MobileTrans is the right tool to backup and restore the data in a well-organized manner. Handle this tool professionally to enjoy lossless data transfer. Back up your memorable chats in WhatsApp on Google drive for a longer period without any issues. You can restore it anytime just by a single click. In this guide, you had a clear picture of the restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone. Follow the steps carefully for a successful transfer.