5 Methods to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
Written By Axel Nash | Apr 10,2021
Method 1: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone by 1 Click
MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer is the simplest and the most effective solution to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. A part of the MobileTrans, the application supports the direct transfer of WhatsApp data from one device to another.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone with 1 Click!
- • Transfer WhatsApp data from one device to another safely and quickly.
- • Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data.
- • Move data between devices with different operating systems, i.e., iOS to Android.
- • Supports over 8000+ Android devices. Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
Learn about step by step tutorials below:
- Firstly, launch the MobileTrans on your Mac or Windows system and select the “WhatsApp Transfer” feature from its home. Also, connect your Android and iOS device to the computer.
- Now, from the sidebar, select the WhatsApp feature and choose to “Transfer WhatsApp Messages” from the provided options.
- The application will automatically detect both the connected devices and would mark them as either source or destination. If their placement is wrong, then you can click on the "Flip" button.
- After making sure that the iPhone is the destination device, click on the “Start” button. This will transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. If you have been using WhatsApp on iPhone previously, then its existing data would be erased.
- In no time, the transfer of WhatsApp chats would be completed. Once it is successfully finished, you will be notified so that you can safely remove your devices.
Now, when you would launch WhatsApp on your iPhone, it will automatically detect the newly transferred data and will let you restore it to your iOS device.
If you're tired of reading text guide, you can learn the video tutorial below:
You can learn more from Wondershare Video Community
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone without PC
If you do not want to transfer WhatsApp through computer. You can try to use the app - Wutsapper. You can download it from Google Play.
Wutsapper supports to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone without a computer. All you need to prepare are two phones and one OTG cable, and then open Wutsapper to transfer it!
Now, we will show you how to transfer WhatsApp data with Wutsapper.
When you download Wutsapper from Google Play. And then. open it.
Don't forget to backup your WhatsApp and prepare one OTG cable. Wutsapper will show you how to backup your WhatsApp on your phone.
Here is an OTG cable
When you connect the two phones with OTG cable, click “Trust” on your both phones and enter your phone number. The phone number must be the one that logged in your backup WhatsApp.
Then, you can start to transfer! Wutsapper will parse your WhatsApp backup firstly. Please wait a moment.
Parsing completed! Click “ start” to transfer your WhatsApp and wait for a while.
Method 3: Transfer WhatsApp Chats via Changing Account Feature
If you are changing your phone number while making a switch, then WhatsApp has got you covered. A lot of people fear that they would no longer be able to access their backup by changing their number. Needless to say, to restore our previous WhatsApp backup, we need to enter the same phone number. Therefore, you can do this simple trick to transfer your WhatsApp data while switching numbers.
- Firstly, change the SIM card on your Android and connect your new SIM on it. Make sure that both the numbers are active as of now.
- Now, launch WhatsApp and go to its Settings > Account > Change Number. Read the instructions to switch numbers on WhatsApp and tap on the “Next” button.
- Enter your existing and new phone numbers in the respective fields and continue. A unique code would be sent to the original number that you need to enter to verify it.
Later, you can take a backup on local storage from your new number and move it to the iPhone. Just be sure you use the same new SIM on your iPhone as well.
Method 4: Can We Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Backup?
This is something that a lot of people ask who wish to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. In a nutshell – no, you can’t. Let’s explore why this cross-platform solution won’t work.
It is a common misconception that we can transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. If you have an Android device, then you can go to its Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and save your WhatsApp data on Google Drive or the local storage.
If you want, you can even access the exact backup file from the local storage as well. Though, there is no feasible way to move this to your new iPhone. Yet the Move to iOS app does not support the transfer of WhatsApp data presently.
Not just that, the encoding on both devices is different. That is why there is no native solution to take WhatsApp backup on Android and later restore it on iPhone.
Method 5: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Email Chat
While you can’t directly transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone by taking its backup, there is something else that you can do. WhatsApp lets us email dedicated conversations to any contact. In this way, you can email some selected chats to yourself and maintain their backup.
Although this will not let you restore the same chats to WhatsApp, you can nevertheless access them on your new iPhone. Here’s how you can transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone by this essential feature.
- Launch WhatsApp and open any conversation that you wish to save.
- Tap on the More option (the three-dot or hamburger icon) on the top and choose to Email Conversation.
- You will be asked if you wish to include or exclude the attached media files. Mostly, it is recommended to exclude it since email servers have 20 MB as their mail limit.
- Later, you can access the same email account on your iPhone and download your chats to view them whenever you want.
This will open the native Gmail compose interface with a text file attached having your WhatsApp chats. Please enter your email id or save it as drafts.
Please note that you can only view your chats on iPhone as a text file, and they would not be available on WhatsApp the usual way. Also, this method is only recommended to save a handful of conversations and not to move the entire WhatsApp data.
Tip: What you should know before moving WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
The following are some expert tips that would further help you transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
- Even though you can’t directly restore Android backup on iPhone, it is better to maintain a backup nevertheless. This will make sure that you always have a copy of your WhatsApp chats. Later, you can use a WhatsApp backup extractor to view your chats on a system.
- The local backup of WhatsApp chats is saved on the device’s storage > WhatsApp > Database. If you want, you can access this file whenever you want and move it to any other storage.
- While there are a few tools that can transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone directly, only a handful of them (like MobileTrans) are genuine. Make sure you read the user review of these tools before giving them a try.
- Make sure that you are using the same phone number on both devices. If not, then use the change number feature of WhatsApp beforehand.
This brings us to the end of this extensive guide on how to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. As you can see, the native solution would not yield the expected results to move your WhatsApp data. On the other hand, MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer proves to be the perfect solution to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone directly. Also, it can be used to backup and restore WhatsApp, Viber, Line, WeChat, and Kik chats as well.
Therefore, you can keep the tool handy as it would help you transfer your important social content and chats from one device to another in a trouble-free manner.