As a widely-used chat platform, WhatsApp carries most of your precious memories. So, when changing phones, figuring out how to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone would be the first thing that popped into your head.
Fortunately, there is an official way to move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Besides, we rounded up another five different methods to transfer WhatsApp to your new iPhone. Read on to find the one that suits your needs.
Method 1: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone 14 Directly [Best Choice]
Migrating WhatsApp from Android to iPhone seems complicated. Thankfully, you can always count on MobileTrans.
As one of the best programs to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, MobileTrans makes the transfer process quite simple for non-tech-savvy people, and you don't even need to back up WhatsApp first. Furthermore, it can do more than just WhatsApp transfer. Find out the key features below:
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone With a few Clicks!
- • Move WhatsApp between devices with different operating systems, i.e., iOS to Android, Android to iOS.
- • Supports 6000+ different smartphone models running on iOS and Android.
- • Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data.
- • Supports phone-to-phone transfer, phone-to-computer transfer, and backup & restore.
- • Fully compatible with the latest OS version.
Let's find out how to transfer WhatsApp messages to the new iPhone 12/13/14:
- Step 1: Connect your old Samsung device and iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Step 2: Install and launch the MobileTrans on your Windows or Mac, and choose "WhatsApp Transfer" from the provided options to proceed.
- Step 3: The application will automatically detect both the connected devices and would mark them as either source or destination. If their placement is wrong, click on the "Flip" button.
- Step 4: Click on the "Start" button to begin the WhatsApp transfer process. If you have been using WhatsApp on your iPhone, you can choose to keep the existing data or not first.
- Step 5: All you need to do now is wait for the process completes, just a few minutes. And do not disconnect your phones until the process is completed.
When you launch WhatsApp on your iPhone, it will automatically detect the newly transferred data and let you restore it to your iOS device.
Method 2: Move WhatsApp from Android to iOS with Backup
If you haven't got your new iPhone yet, you can back up WhatsApp chat history first and restore your WhatsApp backup to your iPhone later. MobileTrans is also a handy tool for you to backup and restore WhatsApp.
Here are the steps to move WhatsApp chats and data from Android to iOS with backup.
Step 1: Connect your old Android device, for example, Samsung S10, to your computer with a USB cable.
Step 2: Launch MobileTrans, select the Backup & Restore module, and then hit the Backup button from App Backup & Restore to continue.
Step 3: Choose backup WhatsApp and click on the Start button to start the backup process.
Step 4: MobileTrans would finish the process after a few minutes.
When your new iPhone arrives, you can restore your WhatsApp to iPhone:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone 14 to the computer via Lightning cable.
Step 2: Open MobileTrans on your PC, choose the Backup & Restore feature first and click on Restore from App Backup & Restore.
Step 3: Choose your latest WhatsApp Backup and restore it on your iPhone.
Method 3: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone 14 without PC
If you do not want to transfer WhatsApp through the computer. You can try to use the app - Wutsapper. You can download it from Google Play.
Wutsapper supports transferring WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone 14 without a computer. All you need to prepare are two phones and one OTG cable or USB-C to Lightning Cable, and then open Wutsapper to transfer it!
Now, we will show you how to transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone 14 without a PC:
Step 1: When you download Wutsapper from Google Play. And then. Open it.
Step 2: The app will check if your phone has WhatsApp backup. if not, Wutsapper will show you how to backup your WhatsApp on your phone. Do not forget to prepare an OTG or USB-C to Lightning Cable.
Here is a OTG cable.
Step 3: When you connect the two phones with OTG cable, click “Trust” on both phones and enter your phone number. The phone number must be the one that logged in to your backup WhatsApp.
Then, you can start to transfer! Wutsapper will parse your WhatsApp backup firstly. Please wait a moment.
Step 4: Parsing completed! Click “ start” to transfer your WhatsApp and wait for a while.
Method 4: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone via Move to iOS App
Apple has recently provided its users the direct option of transferring WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. However, achieving this feat through the Move to iOS App, there are specific limitations related to this process:
- Install Android OS Lollipop, SDK 21 or Android 5 or above on your Android device, while their iOS device should have iOS 15.5 or any later versions.
- Install WhatsApp iOS version 126.96.36.199 or above on your iPhone and WhatsApp Android version 188.8.131.52 on your Android phone.
- Use the same phone number on your old phone and new phone.
- Connect both devices to the same WiFi and connect both devices to a power source.
- Your iPhone should be a new one or factory reset.
Now, Download the Move to iOS app from the Play Store on your Android, reset your iPhone, and set it up from scratch to move the WhatsApp data to your iPhone. Follow the steps to transfer your WhatsApp data through the Move to iOS app: (If you have already factory reset your iPhone, you can turn to the next part)
Reset your iPhone to Factory Settings
Starting with the process, you first need to reset your iPhone and remove all data across it for transferring WhatsApp messages through this technique. Then, back up the data of your iPhone across your iCloud and follow the steps as defined below:
Step 1: Reach out to the "Settings" of your iPhone and lead to the "General" settings. Click on the "Transfer or Reset iPhone" option on the next screen.
Step 2: Locate the "Erase All Content and Settings" option on the next screen to lead to the "Erase This iPhone" screen. Click on "Continue" to proceed.
Step 3: Enter your device's passcode and click on the "Erase Now" option to confirm the process of resetting your iPhone to factory settings. You can also wait for the backup to be uploaded to iCloud.
Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone
Once you have successfully reset your iPhone, it is time to set the device up and transfer the WhatsApp data during the process. Follow the steps explained below:
Step 1: Start the setup process of your iPhone according to the on-screen instructions. Log into your device with the Apple ID and navigate to the "Apps & Data" screen in the setup process.
Step 2: Select the option of “Move Data from Android” across this screen to initiate the process. On the next screen, click on the “Continue” button to attain a single-use code that would be required to enter across the Move to iOS app.
Step 3: Launch the Move to iOS app on your Android and tap on the "Continue" button to agree to the application's terms and conditions. On the next screen, click the "Continue" button and add the code retrieved from the iPhone. This sets up a wireless connection of the Android with the iPhone.
Step 4: After establishing a successful connection, lead to the "Transfer Data" option across the application. Select the "WhatsApp" option in the list. As the option is check-marked, click on "Continue" to proceed.
Step 5: The user will be directed to the WhatsApp screen showing the “Move chats to iOS” option. Tap on “Start” to initiate and click on “Next” when the platform is prepared for the file transfer. The data of your WhatsApp will automatically start to be transferred to your iPhone.
Set Up WhatsApp on iPhone
As the data is successfully transferred across your iPhone through the Move to iOS app, it is time to set the messenger across your iPhone. Follow the steps as explained below:
Step 1: Download WhatsApp Messenger on your iPhone through the App Store if it is not installed on your device. Open the messenger and find the "Move Chats from Android" option on the screen. Click on "Start" to initiate.
Step 2: As the device requires certain permissions, click on “Start” and give WhatsApp the necessary permissions to function properly. This would automatically lead to all WhatsApp chats being imported from the Android to the iPhone.
Step 3: As the transfer concludes, you will be redirected to set up your profile name and picture. As you complete this, click "Done" and successfully set up WhatsApp on your iPhone.
|Move to iOS||MobileTrans|
|Transfer WhatsApp to Android|
|Merge WhatsApp Messages|
|Restore Delete Data(Android)|
|No Need to Factory Reset|
|Export WhatsApp Chats|
|Backup & Restore WhatsApp|
|Supported WhatsApp Version||Version 184.108.40.206 beta or above||All versions|
|Supported iOS Version||iOS 15.5 or above||iOS 6 or above|
Method 5: Migrate WhatsApp from Android to iPhone 14 via Email Chat
While you can’t directly transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone by taking its backup, there is something else that you can do. You can also transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone free. WhatsApp lets us email dedicated conversations to any contact. In this way, you can email some selected chats to yourself and maintain their backup.
Although this will not let you restore the same chats to WhatsApp, you can access them on your new iPhone. Here’s how you can transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone by this essential feature.
Steps to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone 14 via Email chat:
- Launch WhatsApp and open any conversation you wish to save.
- Tap on the More option (the three-dot or hamburger icon) on the top and choose Email Conversation.
- Select to include or exclude the attached media files. Mostly, it is recommended to exclude it since email servers have 20 MB as their mail limit.
- This will open the native Gmail compose interface with a text file attached having your WhatsApp chats. Enter your email id or save it as drafts.
- Later, you can access the same email account on your iPhone 14 and download your chats to check.
Please note that you can only view your chats on iPhone 14 as a text file, and they would not be available on WhatsApp the usual way. Also, this method is only recommended to save a handful of conversations and not to move the entire WhatsApp data.
Method 6: Transfer WhatsApp Chats to New iPhone with a New Phone Number
If you are changing your phone number while making a switch, then WhatsApp has got you covered. A lot of people fear that they will no longer be able to access their backup by changing their number. Needless to say, to restore our previous WhatsApp backup, we need to enter the same phone number. Therefore, you can do this simple trick to transfer your WhatsApp data while switching numbers.
Steps to transfer WhatsApp chats via changing account feature:
- Firstly, change the SIM card on your Android and connect your new SIM. Make sure that both the numbers are active as of now.
- Now, launch WhatsApp and go to its Settings > Account > Change Number. Tap on the “Next” button.
- Enter your existing and new phone numbers and continue.
- You will receive a unique code and verify it.
Later, you can take a backup on local storage from your new number and move it to the iPhone. Just make sure you use the same new SIM on your iPhone as well.
Bonus Tips: What You Should Know Before Moving WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
Expert tips that would further help you transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
- Even though you can’t directly restore Android backup on iPhone, it is better to maintain a backup nevertheless. This will make sure that you always have a copy of your WhatsApp chats. Later, you can use a WhatsApp backup extractor to view your chats on a system.
- The local backup of WhatsApp chats is saved on the device’s storage > WhatsApp > Database. If you want, you can access this file whenever you want and move it to any other storage.
- While there are a few tools that can transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone 14 directly, only a handful of them (like MobileTrans) are genuine. Make sure you read the user review of these tools before giving them a try.
- Make sure that you are using the same phone number on both devices. If not, then use the change number feature of WhatsApp beforehand.
1. Can We Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone 14 via Google Drive Backup?
This is something that a lot of people ask who wish to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. In a nutshell – no, you can’t. Let’s explore why this cross-platform solution won’t work.
It is a common misconception that we can transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. If you have an Android device, then you can go to its Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and save your WhatsApp data on Google Drive or the local storage.
If you want, you can even access the exact backup file from the local storage as well. Though, there is no feasible way to move this to your new iPhone, as iPhone stores WhatsApp backups on iCloud. So the encoding on both devices is different. Yet the Move to iOS app does not support the transfer of WhatsApp data presently.
That is why there is no native solution to take WhatsApp backup on Android and later restore it on iPhone. However, you can restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone with the help of MobileTrans.
2. Will I lose my WhatsApp conversations if I change from Android to iPhone?
Here you can answer the question yourself. You will not lose your WhatsApp chat history when changing to a different type of phone. You can use any of the methods above to do the job for you. And we recommend you give MobileTrans a try.
This brings us to the end of this extensive guide on how to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. As you can see, the native solution would not yield the expected results to move your WhatsApp data. On the other hand, Wondershare MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer proves to be the perfect solution to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone directly. Also, it can be used to transfer Kik, Line, WeChat, WhatsApp Business and GBWhatsAPP chats as well.
Therefore, you can keep the tool handy as it would help you transfer your important social content and chats from one device to another in a trouble-free manner.