5 Solutions to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung
Written By Nicola Massimo | Nov 25,2020
If you have also got a new Samsung device, then you might encounter a similar situation as well. Too many times, while moving from one smartphone to another, we end up losing our WhatsApp data. Since WhatsApp can have our important chats stored, losing them can be a nightmare. Although Android to Android (or iOS to iOS) transfer is pretty easy, users encounter issues to transfer data from one platform to another. Don’t worry – there are several smart solutions that you can still try. Read on and learn how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Samsung easily.
Part 1: How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via MobileTrans?
The easiest way to transfer WhatsApp data directly from one device to another is by using a dedicated tool like MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. The application can transfer all sorts of files directly from one phone to another. There is a dedicated section to backup, restore, and transfer WhatsApp data of Android and iOS as well. Since MobileTrans supports the cross-platform transfer of data, you can directly move your chats, attachments, etc. from iPhone to Samsung.
There is no need to root or jailbreak your phones while performing the WhatsApp transfer. Your data won’t be stored anywhere in between and would directly move to your Samsung. To learn how to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Samsung, the following steps can be taken:
- To start with, just launch the MobileTrans application on your computer (Windows or Mac) and from its home, go to the “WhatsApp Transfer” feature.
- This will provide options for different apps like LINE, Viber, WeChat, etc. on the sidebar. Select “WhatsApp” from here and choose the feature to transfer WhatsApp messages. There are also options to backup and restore WhatsApp messages as well.
- Now, connect your existing iPhone and the new Samsung phone to the computer and wait for a while as the application would detect them. A snapshot of both the devices will be displayed and they would be marked as either source or destination.
- Since you need to know how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung, your iPhone should be the source while Samsung must be the destination device. If not, you can correct their placement with the “Flip” button.
- Once you are ready, just click on the “Start” button and wait for a few minutes as the WhatsApp data would be moved to your Samsung. Make sure that both the devices would stay connected to the system during the process.
- In the end, the application will let you know that the transfer is complete so that you can safely remove both the devices. Now, launch WhatsApp on your Samsung and restore the newly transferred WhatsApp data on it.
There you go! As you can see, with just one-click, you can move your WhatsApp files directly from iPhone to Samsung. Following the same drill, you can also learn how to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone as well.
Part 2: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via Smart Switch App
If you want to use a native feature, then you can also try Smart Switch by Samsung to transfer data from an existing iOS device. You can connect both the devices wirelessly or using a USB cable (and adapter). If you want, you can restore data from iCloud or the iOS device directly.
While the app can transfer your contacts, photos, call logs, etc. users often complain that the technique is not successful with WhatsApp transfer. Nevertheless, to learn how to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Samsung with Smart Switch, you can follow these steps:
- To start with, install and launch the Smart Switch application on the target Samsung phone. Also, choose an appropriate way to transfer your data – wirelessly or via USB. If you choose the USB option, then make sure you have a USB to lightning adapter to connect both the devices.
- On your target Samsung phone, you will be asked how you wish to import data. From here, select an iOS device and choose whether you wish to transfer data from the device storage or iCloud.
- If you choose the iPhone storage option, then you would get a pop-up on your device. Just tap on the “Trust” button to connect to the Samsung phone securely. If the iCloud option is selected, then you have to log-in to the existing iCloud account where the backup is stored.
- In the end, just select the type of data that you wish to move and accept the incoming content on your Samsung to complete the process.
Part 3: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via Email Chat Option
If you only wish to save a handful of chats, then you can also consider the option to email the chats to yourself. While this won’t essentially transfer your chats from iPhone to Samsung, it will only let you keep your messages safe on your email. Also, you can’t really transfer all chats in one go this way. All you can do is save the selected WhatsApp messages on your email with this technique.
- Just launch WhatsApp on your iPhone and select the conversation that you wish to save.
- Swipe the chat and go to its “More” options to get various features. From here, tap on the option to Email Chat. You can also go to the Chat Options after launching it and select the Email Chat feature as well.
- This will give you an option to either include or exclude the attached media in the email. Please note that most of the email providers (like Gmail) have a message limit of 20-25 MB, so you can’t include a lot of media files in it.
- Once you tap on the relevant option, an email interface will launch. You can just enter your own email id to send the message to yourself. Later, you can download this attachment on your Samsung to access your messages.
Part 4: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via BackupTrans
BackupTrans provides another smart and time-saving solution to view and transfer your WhatsApp data from one phone to another. You can either transfer the entire WhatsApp data from iPhone to Samsung or move individual chats as well. The application is pretty easy to use and will not need any root/jailbreak access to transfer your data. This would include your chats, exchanged media files, contacts, etc. related to WhatsApp. To learn how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Samsung, the following steps can be taken:
- Install the BackupTrans application on your computer and connect both the devices on the system. Trust the computer and wait as the application will detect the connected phones.
- Once the application will ask you to backup your data, agree to it and save your WhatsApp chats from your iPhone to the application. Afterward, you can go to its sidebar and preview the WhatsApp data that is saved on the system.
- Whenever you wish to transfer your data, just select the device’s icon from the sidebar and right-click it. From the context menu, click on “Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android” to move the entire backup data.
- If you wish to move only selected chats, then expand the backup content, and just select the conversations you wish to move. Similarly, right-click to get the context menu, and click on “Transfer Messages with This Contact to Android” instead.
Later, you can just launch WhatsApp on your Samsung and choose to restore WhatsApp data on it to successfully transfer your chats.
Part 5: How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via WazzapMigrator
WazzapMigrator is another popular solution that a lot of users rely on to transfer their WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. While the solution is free, it does suffer from a few limitations and can be a bit tedious to use. For this, you need to first take a backup of your iPhone via iTunes and later extract it. Save it to your Android device and use the mobile app to get your WhatsApp chats. If you think it is confusing, then follow these steps to learn how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung using WazzapMigrator:
- Firstly, just connect your iPhone to your system and launch iTunes on it. Go to its Summary section and click on the “Back Up Now” button. Just be sure that you take its backup on “This Computer” instead of iCloud.
- Now, install the WazzapMigrator Extractor desktop application on your computer and launch it. From here, you can load the recently taken iTunes backup and extract it.
- Once the backup is extracted, you can save it on your Google Drive directly or the local storage.
- If you save it on the local storage of your system, then just connect your Samsung phone and manually move the “ChatStorage.sqlite” file to the Downloads folder on your phone’s storage.
- After moving the extracted file, just install the WazzapMigrator app on your Samsung phone and select the recently transferred iPhone backup. This will extract your WhatsApp chats on the phone that you can later restore on your device easily.
A comparision of five methods
|MobileTrans||Smart Switch||Email Chat||BackupTrans||WazzapMigrator|
|Overview||Direct transfer of WhatsApp chats using a desktop application||Android app by Samsung to switch from iPhone/Android to Samsung||This will just email the selected chats to yourself.||Desktop application to backup and transfer WhatsApp chats.||This will first extract an iTunes backup and would later migrate the chats on an Android.|
|Supported Data type||WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, attachments||Only app||WhatsApp messages||WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, attachments||WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, attachments|
|Limitations||Support both iPhone to Android and Android to iPhone||only iPhone to samsung||Support both iPhone to Android and Android to iPhone||Support both iPhone to Android and Android to iPhone||Only iPhone to Android|
|Ease of use||Extremely easy||Medium||Medium||Medium||Complicated|
The ball is in your court now! I’m sure that after reading this guide, you would be able to learn how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung in 5 different ways. Although from all the above-listed methods, MobileTrans WhatsApp Transfer would be an ideal option. It is extremely easy to use and provides a direct device-to-device WhatsApp transfer solution irrespective of the platform the phone runs on. If you are still not sure, then you can go through this quick comparison to make up your mind.