Transfer phone data without a PC
Transfer WhatsApp from phone to phone, backup WhatsApp and more social apps to computer and restore.
Transfer messages, photos, videos and more from phone to phone, phone to computer and vice versa.
Backup up to 18+ types of data and WhatsApp data to computer. And Restore backups easily.
Transfer music playlists from one streaming service to another.
Transfer WhatsApp & WhatsApp Business data without factory reset.
Transfer phone data, WhatsApp data, and files between devices.
Top WhatsApp hacks to turn you into a messaging master.
A list of cool tips that you should know when switching to new iPhone.
We've rounded up our top tricks to getting the most out of your new Android.
How Amazing You Would Be for Using iCloud to transfer Phone data?
Tips & Tricks to Get More Out of LINE, Kik, Viber and WeChat.
Discover a new thing that makes us love iPad/iPod even more.
Explore your Samsung device and never miss out on anything useful.
Turn your iTunes to a powerful media manager with a few simple tips.
Empower Your World With Galaxy AI: Smart, Seamless, Limitless Possibilities!
Generate Your Favorite iPhone Tier List And Explore The Methods to Transfer to iPhone 15!
Best Phone Guide for Your Family 2023
Join MobileTrans Contests & Giveaways here! Win free MobileTrans license, phones and gift cards!
Written By Nicola Massimo |
“I have recently got a new Samsung, but I can’t seem to transfer my WhatsApp chats from my old iPhone 8 to it. Can someone please tell me how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung?”
If you have got a new Samsung device, you might encounter a similar situation. Too many times, while moving from one smartphone to another, we end up losing our WhatsApp data. WhatsApp has our important chats stored; losing them can be a nightmare. Although Android to Android (or iOS to iOS) transfer is pretty easy, users encounter issues transferring data from one platform to another. Don’t worry – there are several innovative solutions that you can try. Read on and learn how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Samsung quickly.
Part 1: How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via MobileTrans?
Part 2: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via Smart Switch App
Part 3: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via Email Chat Option
Part 4: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via BackupTrans
Part 5: How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung via WazzapMigrator
The easiest way to transfer WhatsApp data directly from one device to another is by using a dedicated tool like MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. The application can transfer all sorts of files directly from one phone to another. It can merge WhatsApp chats to streamline the entire messaging experience. No more confusion or scattered conversations—it's all easily accessible and manageable on different platforms. There is a dedicated section to backup, restore, and transfer WhatsApp data for Android and iOS. Since MobileTrans supports the cross-platform transfer of data, you can directly move your chats, attachments, etc., from iPhone to Samsung.
Here is a video for you
There is no need to root or jailbreak your phones while performing the WhatsApp transfer. Your data won’t be stored anywhere in between and would directly move to your Samsung. To learn how to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Samsung, the following steps can be taken:
1. To start with, just launch the MobileTrans application on your computer (Windows or Mac), and from its home, go to the “Phone to Phone” section.
2. This will provide options for different apps like LINE, Viber, WeChat, etc. on the sidebar. Select “WhatsApp Transfer” from here and choose the feature to transfer WhatsApp messages. There are also options to backup and restore WhatsApp messages as well.
3. Now, connect your existing iPhone and the new Samsung phone to the computer and wait for a while as the application would detect them. A snapshot of both the devices will be displayed and they would be marked as either source or destination.
4. Since you need to know how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung, your iPhone should be the source while Samsung must be the destination device. If not, you can correct their placement with the “Flip” button.
5. Once you are ready, just click on the “Start” button and wait for a few minutes as the WhatsApp data would be moved to your Samsung. Make sure that both the devices would stay connected to the system during the process.
6. In the end, the application will let you know that the transfer is complete so that you can safely remove both devices. Now, launch WhatsApp on your Samsung and restore the newly transferred WhatsApp data on it.
There you go! As you can see, with just some clicks, you can move your WhatsApp files directly from iPhone to Samsung. Following the same drill, you can also learn how to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone as well.
If you want to use a native feature, then you can also try Smart Switch by Samsung to transfer data from an existing iOS device. You can connect both devices wirelessly or using a USB cable (and adapter). If you want, you can restore data from iCloud or the iOS device directly.
While the app can transfer your contacts, photos, call logs, etc. users often complain that the technique is not successful with WhatsApp transfer. Nevertheless, to learn how to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Samsung with Smart Switch, you can follow these steps:
1. To start with, install and launch the Smart Switch application on the target Samsung phone. Also, choose an appropriate way to transfer your data – wirelessly or via USB. If you choose the USB option, then make sure you have a USB to the lightning adapter to connect both devices.
2. On your target Samsung phone, you will be asked how you wish to import data. From here, select an iOS device and choose whether you wish to transfer data from the device storage or iCloud.
3. If you choose the iPhone storage option, then you would get a pop-up on your device. Just tap on the “Trust” button to connect to the Samsung phone securely. If the iCloud option is selected, then you have to log in to the existing iCloud account where the backup is stored.
4. In the end, just select the type of data that you wish to move and accept the incoming content on your Samsung to complete the process.
If you only wish to save a handful of chats, then you can also consider the option to email the chats to yourself. While this won’t essentially transfer your chats from iPhone to Samsung, it will only let you keep your messages safe on your email. Also, you can’t really transfer all chats in one go this way. All you can do is save the selected WhatsApp messages on your email with this technique.
1. Just launch WhatsApp on your iPhone and select the conversation that you wish to save.
2. Swipe the chat and go to its “More” options to get various features. From here, tap on the option to Email Chat. You can also go to the Chat Options after launching it and select the Email Chat feature as well.
3. This will give you an option to either include or exclude the attached media in the email. Please note that most of the email providers (like Gmail) have a messaging limit of 20-25 MB, so you can’t include a lot of media files in it.
4. Once you tap on the relevant option, an email interface will launch. You can just enter your own email id to send the message to yourself. Later, you can download this attachment on your Samsung to access your messages.
BackupTrans provides another innovative and time-saving solution to view and transfer your WhatsApp data from one phone to another. You can either transfer the entire WhatsApp data from iPhone to Samsung or move individual chats as well. The application is pretty easy to use and will not need any root/jailbreak access to transfer your data. This would include your conversations, exchanged media files, contacts, etc., related to WhatsApp. To learn how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Samsung, the following steps can be taken:
1. Install the BackupTrans application on your computer and connect both devices to the system. Trust the computer and wait as the application will detect the connected phones.
2. Once the application will ask you to backup your data, agree to it and save your WhatsApp chats from your iPhone to the application. Afterward, you can go to its sidebar and preview the WhatsApp data that is saved on the system.
3. Whenever you wish to transfer your data, just select the device’s icon from the sidebar and right-click it. From the context menu, click on “Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android” to move the entire backup data.
4. If you wish to move only selected chats, then expand the backup content, and just select the conversations you wish to move. Similarly, right-click to get the context menu, and click on “Transfer Messages with This Contact to Android” instead.
Later, you can just launch WhatsApp on your Samsung and choose to restore WhatsApp data on it to successfully transfer your chats.
WazzapMigrator is another popular solution that many users rely on to transfer their WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. While the answer is free, it suffers from a few limitations and can be tedious to use. For this, you need first to take a backup of your iPhone via iTunes and later extract it. Please save it to your Android device and use the mobile app to get your WhatsApp chats. If you think it is not very clear, then follow these steps to learn how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung using WazzapMigrator:
1. Firstly, just connect your iPhone to your system and launch iTunes on it. Go to its Summary section and click on the “Back Up Now” button. Just be sure that you take its backup on “This Computer” instead of iCloud.
2. Now, install the WazzapMigrator Extractor desktop application on your computer and launch it. From here, you can load the recently taken iTunes backup and extract it.
3. Once the backup is extracted, you can save it on your Google Drive directly or the local storage.
4. If you save it on the local storage of your system, then just connect your Samsung phone and manually move the “ChatStorage.sqlite” file to the Downloads folder on your phone’s storage.
5. After moving the extracted file, just install the WazzapMigrator app on your Samsung phone and select the recently transferred iPhone backup. This will extract your WhatsApp chats on the phone that you can later restore on your device easily.
The ball is in your court now! I’m sure that after reading this guide, you would be able to learn how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung in 5 different ways. Although from all the above-listed methods, MobileTrans WhatsApp Transfer would be an ideal option. It is extremely easy to use and provides a direct device-to-device WhatsApp transfer solution irrespective of the platform the phone runs on. If you are still not sure, then you can go through this quick comparison to make up your mind.