As soon as the novelty of a new device passes, the problem of getting all the data from the old device to the new one becomes the focus of many people. But while you can easily transfer other types of data like music, photos, messages and the like from an old iPad to a new one, transferring apps proves challenging to most users.
This article will to look at some of the best ways to transfer apps from an old iPad to a new iPad. Each of these solutions has its advantages and disadvantages that we will try to point out as we describe each solution.
Part 1: Transfer Apps from Old iPad to New iPad with iTunes
As the official iOS device manager, iTunes can help you transfer most types of data, including Apps from an old iPad to a new one. The process as described below is quite simple;
- Connect the old iPad to your computer.
- Open iTunes if it doesn’t open immediately and then click on the iPad when it appears in iTunes. It is important to make sure that you are running the latest version of iTunes to avoid running into problems.
- Click on “Back up now” and wait while iTunes completes the backup process. This process will often back up all the data on your iPad including the Apps, photos, contacts, music, videos and even messages.
- When the backup process is complete, disconnect the old iPad and then connect the new iPad to the computer.
- Open iTunes, if it isn’t already open, click on the iPad icon to select the new device.
- Click “Restore Backup” and then choose the latest backup you created from the old device.
- Click “Restore” to begin the process and keep the device connected to the computer until the process is complete.
Once the data in the selected backup has been restored to the device, check if all the apps were transferred. However, it is important to note that only the apps you purchased using your Apple account can be transferred in this way.
Part 2: Transfer Apps from Old iPad to New iPad with iCloud
In much the same way, you can also use the iCloud backup and restore process to transfer apps from an old iPad to a new iPad. Follow these simple steps to do it;
- Begin by creating a backup of all the data on the old iPad. You can do that by going to Settings > Apple ID and make sure that iCloud backup is turned on.
- When the backup is complete. Begin setting up the new iPad. When you get to the “Apps and Data” screen of the setup process, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and then click on “Next > Agree” before choosing the most recent backup created on that account.
It is also important to make sure that the iPad is connected to a Wi-Fi network. The device should automatically backup all the data on the device including apps.
Part 3: Transfer Apps from Old iPad to New iPad with MobileTrans – Phone Transfer
If you would like to transfer other data like contacts, messages, music and more, you should consider using MobileTrans - Phone Transfer. This program has numerous features include the following;
Transfer from data from old iPad to new iPad with 1 Click!
- • Transfer data from one device to another even if the devices run on different operating systems such as iOS to Android or Android to iOS.
- • Transfer nearly all types of data: contacts, messages, music, photos, videos and more.
- • Backup your iPad to computer and restore the data on you device in a single click.
- • Restore data iTunes without affecting the data on your device since it allows you to view the contents of the backup and select the apps you would like to transfer.
- • Easy to use, allowing even the beginner to use it thanks to its very easy and straightforward user interface.
To use this program to transfer data from one iPad to another, follow these simple steps;
- Download and install MobileTrans to your computer. Run the program as soon as installation is complete. You should see a number of options in the main window. Click on “Phone Transfer” to begin the process.
- Now connect both devices to the computer using USB cables and make sure that MobileTrans is able to detect both these devices. You can help the program easily and quickly detect the devices by unlocking both devices.
- Once the program detects the device, make sure that the devices are in the correct order. Ensure that the old iPad is the “Source” device and the new iPad is the “Destination” device. You can click on “Flip” to change the order if they are not correctly situated.
- In the middle panel, You should be able to see a list of all the transferrable data from the “Source” iPad. Select the data type since you want to transfer the apps from the old iPad to the new iPad.” Click “Start” to begin the transfer process.
If you would like to remove the existing data on the destination device before transferring the music, check “clear data before copy” Keep the devices connected to the computer until the transfer process is complete. MobileTrans will let you know when the transfer is complete and you can check if the apps are on the new device.
Moving data from an old iPad to a new one can be complicated by using the wrong method. The methods we’ve outlined in this article, guarantee that you will be able to move your app data from one device to another. But only MobileTrans - Phone Transfer guarantees that you can move all the data at once and that you won’t lose any data on the new device in the process.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data..