6 Best iPod Transfer Software to Transfer Music Between Devices
Written By Axel Nash | Apr 02,2020
When you want to transfer the music on your iPod to another device or to the computer, you need a reliable solution that will help you do that easily and quickly. The go-to solution for most people is usually iTunes. But iTunes can only do so much and sometimes you may experience iTunes issues that could lead you to find an alternative solution.
If you are looking for a number of options to help you with iPod transfer, this article shares a variety of options that are both free and paid. You can select a solution from either category depending on your needs. Let’s take an in-depth look at each transfer solution to help you decide.
Part 1: 4 Best Free iPod Transfer Software to transfer music between iPod and Computer
The following are some of the best free solutions when looking to transfer data from your iPod to computer or another device.
As much as most people look for an alternative to iTunes, it is still one of the best transfer tools for iOS devices. But Apple has recently replaced iTunes with three separate apps in MacOS Catalina although it is still useful if you have earlier versions of MacOS. One of the biggest advantages of using iTunes apart from it being completely free is that it is easy to use. It will also allow you to create a full backup of the data on the iPod and easily restore the data back on to the device or another device. The fact that it is a great source of new music is another advantage.
- • iTunes has a clean user interface that makes it very easy to manage the data on the iPod
- • It provides details of the music on the iPod including the lyrics, album cover and more
- • It can rip music directly from CDs and add them to the iTunes library
- • You can use it to sync iPod music to the computer very easily
- • You can’t use it to delete the music on the iPod
- • Your iPod can only sync with a single iTunes library
- • You may experience iTunes errors during use
2. MobileTrans - Backup
MobileTrans - Backup is another free tool that you can use to transfer the data on your iPod to your computer. As the name suggests, it works by allowing you to back up all the files on your device to the computer. One of the biggest advantages of using this program is that it can be used to back up various types of data to the computer including music, photos, messages, and more. It is also an ideal solution when you want to backup other iOS devices and Android devices.
- • Works on both Android and iOS devices
- • It is completely free to use
- • You can use it to back up most types of data from the device to your computer. It can backup photos, music, messages, videos, contacts and more.
- • It is very easy to use, allowing you to back up all the data on the iPod in a single click
- • It may not be useful when you want to transfer data from the iPod to another device
3. Wondershare Tunesgo
Wondershare Tunesgo has long been useful as an iTunes alternative. Unlike iTunes, it offers a wider array of tools that make the transfer of data from your iPod to computer or another device that much easier. It is ideal for the transfer of data from the iPod to other devices and even Android devices. It has unique features and interface that makes the process of managing the data on your device that much easier.
- • It has a simple user interface
- • It offers a number of options for downloading free music and media files
- • It can be used to transfer data across devices even when the devices run on different platforms.
- • You can use it to burn music to CD
- • It can’t be used to edit some of the playlists and formats that you imported from the iPod
You may also want to use PodTrans to transfer data from your iPod to computer. It is designed for the specific purpose of helping you transfer music stored on the iPod to the computer and vice versa. The program is very easy to use, not to mention that it is completely free.
- • It is very simple to use, with a straightforward interface
- • Completely free to use
- • It can only manage data on the iPod and doesn’t support other devices
- • It hasn’t been updated in a while
Part 2: 2 Best Paid iPod Transfer Software to transfer music between devices
Since free tools are often limited, you can get more options in terms of features from the following paid solutions;
1. MobileTrans - Phone Transfer
MobileTrans-Phone Transfer is one of the best tools for managing the data on your iPod and all devices. It supports all iOS device and most Android device models, allowing you to transfer the data from one device to another irrespective of the platform that the device runs on. This means that you can essentially use this tool to transfer data from the iPod to an Android device just as easily as you would to another iOS device. It is very easy to use, allowing even beginner users to easily manage the data on their iPods.
- • It can be used to transfer data between devices even if the devices run on separate platforms
- • It is very easy to use with a simple and easy to use interface.
- • It can be used to manage and transfer all types of data one device to another including music, photos, messages, videos, and contacts among others.
- • It is also useful when you want to view the data in an iTunes backup and even selectively restore some of the data to the device.
- • You can’t use it to edit the details of the music you transfer from the iPad
2. dr.fone - Phone Transfer
dr.fone is another great solution when you want to transfer data from the iPod to the computer or to another device. This tool is easy to use since all you have to do is connect both devices to the computer to begin the transfer process. Unlike free tools, it can transfer numerous types of data from one device to another and it supports the transfer of data even across operating systems.
- • It has numerous features to make data management and transfer very easy
- • It supports numerous iOS devices and Android devices
- • It is very easy to use
- • You can’t edit the music information for the songs you transfer from the iPod to the computer
The above are 6 of the best iPod Transfer tools. Each one enables the easy transfer of data from the iPod to the computer, but some of them also allow you to transfer data from the iPod to another device. Therefore, the tool that you choose depends on what you want to do with the data on the iPod. Select a tool based on your needs and then use the instructions provided by the manufacturer to use it. Share you experience with us in the comments section below.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data..