Why do People think Coronavirus Is Caused by 5G?
Written By Nicola Massimo | Feb 19,2021
In the present times of crisis or pandemic, conspiracy theories can spread as fast as the virus. People have their own narrative about the origin of the coronavirus. And, the latest 5G technology is not spared from the blames for spreading covid-19.
Among many strange explanations, people are blaming 5G networks for the spread of the virus in the world and state. But, this is not new; since the 1990s, many conspiracy theories have been circulating about mobile phone technology.
This time the blame on high-speed and in-demand 5G technology. The question here is why people think coronavirus is caused by 5G?
Let's dive deep into the concept of 5G and its relation with covid-19!
Part 1: Why Many People Think That 5G Brings Coronavirus?
By the end of 2019, a virus that first emerged in Wuhan, China, spread across the world in 2020. With the rise of the pandemic, people have started making speculations about the cause of its spreading.
One such speculation is that the 5G causes coronavirus. Around the world, many people protest against 5G while demanding a ban on the installation of 5G towers.
The rumors gained steam when a popular American singer named Keri Hilson, with more than 4 million followers on Twitter, sent out tweets alleged connection between 5G and coronavirus.
There are many stories behind the theory of the relation between 5G and Covid-19. Take a look at a few of them!
- Some people think that the radiations of 5G networks trigger the virus.
- A group of people also insist that the human immune system gets week due to 5G radiations. This makes people more vulnerable to infection.
- Some people claim that the coronavirus crisis was created deliberately to keep people at home so that engineers can install 5G towers everywhere.
All the different 5G stories are often combined with many other COVID-19 speculations and form a toxic cocktail of misinformation.
Part 2: What Is 5G Actually?
5G is basically the fifth generation of the network, and it is an extension of the previous "G" generation. It offers a fast speed data transfer and low latency, which is a need of time due to the increase in internet data users every year.
With 5G, you can download a full HD movie in few seconds, which takes almost an hour with the current 4G network. Further, it improves the data sharing speed and is helpful for future smart cities as well.
This wireless technology focuses on bringing the higher multi-GPS data with the highest speeds, more reliability, ultra-low latency, massive network capacity, as well as increased availability of the data.
Moreover, all the users will have a more uniform experience when using the 5th generation network technology. All in all, 5G is an evolution of communication technology that is 4G and not a revolution.
So, if 4G causes no coronavirus, then how 5G can cause viral disease. In countries like UK and China, 5G operates on a band that lies between existing 4G and 5 GHz Wi-Fi.
Also, this band is very similar to current LTE bands that are used for high-speed Wi-Fi since 2009. So, in our opinion, there is no connection between 5G and coronavirus.
Part 3: Fact behind the 5G and Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories
According to scientific studies, it is clear that the COVID-19 transmits via respiratory droplets, and droplets can't transmit through 5G radiations.
Further, the 5G technology is about low-frequency waves that are "non-ionizing." And, according to scientific evidence, non-ionizing radiation does not cause any damage to human cells.
For years, many people around the globe are using smartphones, and there is no evidence of viral disease due to network radiations.
Here is the fact behind coronavirus conspiracy theories regarding 5G towers and technologies:
- Firstly, many of the worst-hit countries with covid-19 currently have no 5G towers or infrastructure. So, it makes clear that the virus has no link to 5G radiations.
- Secondly, the theory of the weak immune system due to 5G is exactly the same claim that happened in the past with 1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G. But, there is no link between any network of "G" generation and human immunity.
- Most important, viruses cannot travel on radio waves, and it travels through droplets. So, when a virus can't move on mobile networks, then how it can spread through 5G.
There is no doubt that 5G waves are part of the electromagnetic spectrum and can do pose dangers. But, these waves have no concern with coronavirus.
COVID-19 is spread through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or speaks. You can also get infected by your eyes and nose after touch a contaminated surface.
So, in the end we can conclude that the 5G doesn't cause coronavirus, but the rumor it does spread like a virus.
Also, you will need to understand that 5G isn't different from 4G, and it certainly doesn't cause any viral disease. Be aware of the rumors that have spread rapidly across the globe.
Part 4: WHO Safety Guidelines to Deal with Pandemic
Follow the following WHO guidelines to save you and your family from getting infected:
- Always wear a mask when going out of your home. No matter whether you go nearby shop or in the market, do not forget to wear a mask. Make it a regular habit.
- Try to avoid going to crowded areas unless or until it is very important. The risk of getting a virus is more in crowded places.
- Also, in inadequately ventilated spaces, the chances of getting infected with the virus are high. So, always keep windows open for proper ventilation.
- When you go outside of your home or meet with people, keep a two to six feet distance from them.
- Try to avoid touch any surface, including the staircase railing outside the home.
- Always clean your hands regularly with an alcohol-based rub or soap and water. Never touch your face without cleaning your hands properly.
- Clean and disinfect all the surfaces, including door handles, faucets, and more, at your premises frequently.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If in case you do not have any tissue, then use the inside of your elbow to cough and sneeze. Do not spit on the ground.
- When you feel sick, suffering from fever and cold, stay at home. Self-isolate yourself to prevent others from getting sick.
- Visit the doctor when you feel that you might have covid-19 symptoms.
Do not take this virus lightly, and take care of yourself as well as others.
Most importantly, do not believe in rumors about the link between coronavirus and 5G. There is no proof of 5G spreading coronavirus, the theories are baseless and completely rumors.
We hope that from the above article, it is clear to you that there is no relation between 5G and coronavirus. No doubt, many speculations were made on the spreading of the virus due to 5G networks, but all are baseless and have no scientific proof.
5G is nothing but an expansion of 4G. It offers high-speed data and fully fills the need for the high demand of mobile network users that are increasing every year. The dream of a smart city can come true with 5G. The radiations can't transmit the virus and can't cause viral disease to anyone.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), the coronavirus cannot travel on radio waves or mobile networks. To believe that 5G is responsible for the current pandemic is not only myth but actively dangerous.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Move safely without resetting devices or deleting original data..