Android File Transfer for Windows: Availability and Best Alternatives
Written By Axel Nash |
If you manage your Android device on a Mac, then you might be familiar with Android File Transfer. It is a freely available Mac application that is developed by Google to help us manage data for our Android phones. Due to its simplicity, a lot of users try to find a tool like Android File Transfer for Windows as well. Therefore, in this post, I will let you know about its availability and the best Android File Transfer Windows alternatives.
Part 1: Android File Transfer for Windows: Is it Available?
Ideally, Android File Transfer is a freely available Mac application that is developed by Google. Using it, you can instantly browse the storage of your Android phone on your Mac without any issue.
Once your Android phone is connected, you can just launch the File Transfer app on your system. Now, you can manually transfer data from your Mac’s storage to your Android device or vice versa. Besides that, it can also help you browse the storage of your Android phone on your Mac, delete anything, move your files, and do so much more.
Please note that as of now, Android File Transfer is only available for Mac and doesn’t work on Windows Pc.
Part 2: Top 5 Alternatives to Android File Transfer for Windows
Since the application is only available for Mac, you can consider using the following alternatives for the Android File Transfer app for Windows instead.
App 1: Wondershare MobileTrans [The Best Choice]
Developed by Wondershare, MobileTrans is the best Android File Transfer Windows 10/8/7 alternative out there. The desktop application can help you transfer data between your Android device and a Windows system seamlessly. It also provides instant solutions to back up and restore your phone’s data in different ways.
- You can manually transfer all kinds of files from your Android phone to your PC and vice versa.
- MobileTrans supports the transfer of every major data type like photos, videos, documents, music, contacts, messages, and more.
- You can also maintain an entire backup of your Android device on your PC and can later restore it to any device of your choice.
- The application can further help you directly transfer all kinds of data from one device to another (like iOS to Android transfer).
To make the most of this Android File Transfer app Windows 10/8/7 alternative, just go through these steps:
Solution 1: For Exporting Data from your Android Phone to your Windows PC
If you want to export files from your Android device to your PC, then just connect your phone to the system and launch MobileTrans. Now, go to the “File Transfer” tab from the top and choose to export data to your PC.
Now, the application will automatically detect all kinds of data types stored on your device and would display them into different categories (like photos, videos, apps, and more).
From here, you can just select what you wish to move and click on the “Export” button. Afterward, you can select a target location and simply wait for a while as the application would move the selected data to your system’s storage.
Solution 2: To Import Data from your Windows PC to your Android Phone
Similarly, you can also move your data from your Windows PC to the connected Android device. Once your Android phone is connected, you can just go to the File Transfer section, and click on the “Import to Phone” feature instead.
Afterward, you can just click on the “Import” button from the bottom panel and choose to add files or folders. You can simply browse to any location on your system where your files are stored and load them on MobileTrans.
Simply wait for a while as your selected files would be transferred to the connected device. Once the transfer of your data is completed, you will be notified by Wondershare MobileTrans accordingly.
In the end, you can just safely remove your Android phone from your PC and can access your data however you like.
App 2: AirDroid
AirDroid is one of the most popular solutions that can help you mirror your device’s screen or transfer data between your PC and smartphone. It is based on WiFi direct that provides fast wireless transfer features (faster than Bluetooth).
- By simply scanning a QR code, you can connect your Android phone and Windows PC wirelessly via AirDroid.
- Later, you can use its web-based or desktop application to transfer all sorts of data between your phone and Windows system.
- AirDroid supports the transfer of photos, videos, documents, music, and so much more wirelessly.
- Other features include an inbuilt screen mirroring option, remote camera, remote phone control, and so on.
- Fast wireless transfer
- Tons of other features
- The free version of AirDroid has limited options
- The premium version of AirDroid costs $3.99 monthly
App 3: SHAREit
SHAREit is one of the most popular apps that can transfer data from one device to another wirelessly. Therefore, if you are looking for an alternative to do Android file transfer via WiFi, then you can also explore SHAREit.
- The application is freely available and lets us directly transfer tons of data between Android and Windows (and vice versa).
- SHAREit supports the transfer of all kinds of major data types like photos, videos, documents, and so on.
- To use SHAREit, you would have to establish a secure connection between your devices (for a single peer-to-peer connection).
- It provides a fast wireless transfer solution via WiFi, which is 200 times faster than Bluetooth.
- Fast wireless transfer
- Freely available
- The free version of SHAREit contains ads
- Can be a bit complicated to set up
App 4: Zapya
Just like SHAREit, Zapya also provides a seamless peer-to-peer data transfer solution. Though, you would have to use its web version on your Windows PC to perform a cross-platform data transfer between Android and Windows.
- By simply scanning QR codes on your phone, you can connect your Zapya account to your PC or any other device.
- Once your Windows PC is connected to your phone, the Android file transfer for Windows tool will let you move your data wirelessly.
- Apart from your photos, videos, and documents, Zapya can also help you manage and transfer your music files.
- You can also create groups using Zapya to broadcast information or transfer data to multiple devices.
- Easy to use
- Fast data transfer
- Contain in-app ads
App 5: Google Drive
If you only have a handful of files to transfer, then you can also take the assistance of Google Drive. This Android File Transfer Windows alternative works on almost every platform and comes pre-installed on all the leading Android devices.
- You can just upload any file that you wish to transfer from your Android or Windows PC to Google Drive and can download it on any device of your choice.
- Apart from helping you transfer your data, Google Drive would also be an ideal solution to back up your important files.
- As of now, only 15GB of space is allocated for free on Drive by Google (and you can get its premium subscription to buy more space).
- The overall interface of Google Drive is quite user-friendly, and it runs on every major platform seamlessly.
- Freely available
- Easy to use
- Only 15GB of space is allocated for free
- Not ideal for bulk transfer of data (can consume a lot of time and space)
I’m sure that after reading this guide, you can pick the best Android File Transfer for Windows alternative. If you want to transfer data wirelessly between your Android phone and Windows PC, then a tool like AirDroid or SHAREit would be an ideal pick. Though, if you are looking for a complete Android File Transfer Windows alternative, then simply go with Wondershare MobileTrans. It is a user-friendly smartphone manager that would let you back up, restore, and transfer your data between your phone and computer – all in one place.