How to Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone?
Written By Axel Nash | May 19,2020
When you purchase a new iPhone as a replacement for your old Android, this often result in a lot of data such as contacts, music, photos contained in the previous Android having to be transferred to the new device.
The transfer of data from Android to iPhone have proven to be tricky for users. This is because both devices operate on separate operating system software. Here we have listed multiple methods how to ensure effective transfer of your photos from your android device to your new iPhone device. Each method has been carefully broken down for ease of understanding and images attached in most cases.
Part 1. How to Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone after Initial Setup
MobileTrans - Phone Transfer is a tool to enables you transfer photos from android to iPhone by one click. It is better because you can transfer data even if you have set up your new iPhone, take a look at its features below:
Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone With 1 Click!
- • Transfer contacts, notes, music, messages, call logs, apps between Android and iPhone.
- • Transfer data without erasing the data in your old phone.
- • Fast transfer speed without network and keep your data safe without loss.
- • Supports over 8000+ Android and iOS devices. Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod.
To get started, you would only need a Mac or PC as an intermediary and the destination and source phones connected.
- Install and run MobileTrans on computer. Choose “Phone Transfer”.
- Make sure you plug in both your android device and your iPhone to the computer. If your devices have been properly connected, they will show up in this window.
- Choose photos and click "start" to transfer. Wait for a few seconds, your photos on your android phone will be moved to your iPhone.
Part 2. Transfer Photos from Android to New iPhone using Move to iOS App
MovetoiOS is developed by Apple to help android users migrate to iPhone. Please note MovetoiOS will erase all your data on your iPhone before you transfer, please backup your iPhone first to keep your data. To transfer photos from android to iPhone using Move to iOS app, follow these sets of instructions:
- Switch on your phone to initiate setup process. Follow each step of setup process your iPhone until you get to the “app and data” stage.
- Click on the “move data from android” option.
- You can do that by clicking on "Settings" then "General" and then choose the "Reset" option.
- Next, select the "Erase All Content and Settings" to restart your iPhone.
- Next switch on your android device and go to Google play store. Search out the “move to iOS” app and click on install. A list of permission request will pop up, tap “Accept”. The app will begin its installation process and when it’s done, click on open.
- Thereafter, click “continue” on both devices and then choose agree and then click next on the android phone. A 12-digit code will display on your iPhone and you must enter this code into your android device.
If by the time of reading you have already setup your iPhone, you will need to reset it.
After this is done, your android device will establish connection with your iPhone through a Wi-Fi connection. Your android device will ask you to select the items to move to iPhone and initiate transfer. When transfer is complete, click on “continue setting up iPhone” on your device and set up new apple ID or log in if you have a previously created apple ID. When setup is done, you will then be asked to log into the accounts transferred to your iPhone from the android device.
Part 3. Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone by Bluetooth
Another reliable method for transferring photos from android to iPhone is through Bluetooth. To do this, click on the settings app on both phones. Select the Bluetooth option. Another way to get to the Bluetooth option is by clicking directly from the drop down panel by sliding your hand from the top screen down.
- Check the “visible to other device” option to make both devices visible to each other.
- Long tap on one picture for long to check it, this automatically creates a checkbox for the rest photos although some devices don’t add empty checkboxes.
- Click on all pictures or if you are not interested in transferring all, select the ones you prefer.
- Make sure you plug in both your android device and your iPhone to the laptop. This should be done by means of a USB cable. When you tap on the “Start” button, a pop up will appear showing two phone icons. If your devices have been properly connected, they will show up in this window.
- A list of devices visible to your android device will pop up, select your iPhone and if it’s not visible, keep refreshing list till it comes up.
On your android device go to file manager app and click on it. Look for the DCIM folder (usually contains your camera content) and click on it.
When that is done, choose the “share” icon, this will bring a list of option, search out the Bluetooth option and select it.
After selecting your iPhone, a transfer request will come in asking to accept transfer. Click “accept” and watch the progress bar while each photo is transferred one at a time.
It is important to inform you that the rate of transfer on Bluetooth is determined by the model of Bluetooth you have installed on your devices.
Part 4. Transfer Android Photos to iPhone using Google Photos
Google photos app is another sure way of transferring photos from an android device to iPhone device. To do this search out the Google photos app on playstore and install on your android device.
Enable the backup and sync option in the Google photo app. This would ensure photos are automatically uploaded and stored on Google drive.
When you have done this, download and install the google photos app from itunes ios store.
Then open the app and click on the backup and sync feature. Photos will start showing up on your iPhone. Do realize that this takes time to complete the download.
Part 5. How to Transfer Android Photos to iPhone via Wi-Fi
The presence of a file manager in devices helps the users in a lot of things. They aid in the storing, copy, moving, deleting and renaming of files and folders on phones. This feature till now is only available to android devices as iPhone do not have it yet. As a result, there are a lot of third party applications for iPhone that perform similar functions to that of an android’s file manager. To transfer photos from your android device to your iPhone, download the FileMaster app.
The FileMaster app has been designed to not only manage files on your iPhone but also aid in data transfer between your iPhone and other devices. In summary, this app works by sending files from your iPhone to the app, and then from there to any destination. All this is done over Wi-Fi. Below is a detailed procedure on how to use the FileMaster app to transfer photos from android to iPhone.
- Download the FileMaster app. Do note that a web browser on your android phone will be used to connect to iPhone file manager in exchange of data.
- When it has been installed, launch the FileMaster app on your iPhone. Click on “More” icon. Thereafter, select “Wi-Fi Transfer” from the pop-up menu.
- Next, on the Wi-Fi Transfer screen, toggle on the Wi-Fi option to receive an iPhone Wi-Fi address.
Thereafter, make sure your android device is connected to the Wireless network your iPhone is connected to. When that is done, open the internet browser on your android device to get access to the wireless transfer address. After successful connection, you will have access to every folder from your iPhone file manager.
- Transfer data between Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
- Move contacts, photos, music, videos, calendar, voice mail, and more from one phone to another.
- Compatible with 6000+ mobile phones, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Work with Android 9.0 and iOS 13.