If a similar query has brought you here, then this would certainly be the last guide that you will read about WhatsApp backup.
Most of the regular WhatsApp users already know how the app lets us backup its data on iCloud. Though, there are a lot of times when people don’t wish to use this feature. For instance, you might be running on low space on iCloud or have security concerns. The good news is that there are several ways to backup WhatsApp without iCloud.
In this guide, we will discuss three of these WhatsApp backup solutions in detail.
Method 1: Backup WhatsApp from iPhone with MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer
If you are looking for a hassle-free and one-click solution to backup WhatsApp without iCloud, then you should definitely try MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. It provides seamless backup and restores support for numerous apps like WhatsApp, WeChat, LINE, Kik, and Viber. Not just that, the application can also directly transfer your WhatsApp data from one device to another (even between iOS and Android). Therefore, using MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer, you can easily switch your smartphones without losing your social data.
Backup WhatsApp from iPhone to Computer with a few Clicks!
- • Backup your WhatsApp chats, attachments, contacts, voice notes.
- • Stored on the local system’s storage and freed up space on iCloud.
- • Restore the backups to your smartphone whenever you need them without overwriting.
- • The quality of the data is not compromised in the process and it is kept 98% secure.
1. Launch the MobileTrans and visit the “Backup&Restore” section from its home page. Also, make sure that your iPhone is connected to the system using an authentic cable.
2. Click "WhatsApp" to get things started, you can find other different options here.
3. The application will automatically start taking an extensive backup of all the WhatsApp chats and media. Simply wait for a while and keep your phone connected till the process is completed.
4. At the end, when the entire backup is stored on the system, you will be notified. You can view the backup content from here as well if you want.
5. Similarly, you can restore the backup to any device by connecting it to the system and viewing the backup content. Select the data you wish to save and export it to the desired format or simply restore it to the device.
Learn more from our YouTube tutorial:
Method 2: Backup WhatsApp from iPhone via iTunes
iTunes is the first thing that comes to our mind when we wish to backup WhatsApp without iCloud. Just like iCloud, iTunes is also a native solution provided by Apple to manage our iOS device. Using it, you can backup your entire device and later restore it as well.
While the solution is free, it would take a backup of the entire phone memory – including WhatsApp. Later, the backup would be restored, wiping off the phone’s existing data. Therefore, you are recommended to follow this approach only when you are resetting your device.
- To commence, simply connect your iPhone to your computer (Mac/Windows) using a working lightning cable. Also, launch an updated version of iTunes on it and let it detect your device.
- Once your iPhone is detected, go to its Summary tab. Click on the “Back Up Now” button under the Backups tab and be sure that you are taking the backup on “This Computer”.
- Wait for a while as iTunes will save the backup of your device, including your WhatsApp chats and attachments. Later, you can follow the same procedure and choose to restore the backup to your iOS device instead.
- Free solution
- Stores a backup on the local computer
- Will back up the entire device
- While restoring the backup, it would wipe the existing data on iPhone
- No provision to selectively restore or preview WhatsApp data
- Compatibility issues while restoring to different iOS versions
Method 3: Backup WhatsApp on iPhone by Email Chat Feature
If you only have a handful of conversations to back up, then you can just email them to yourself as well. This can be done by the native feature of WhatsApp that lets us email conversations to any contact. You can even choose to include or exclude attachments in the backup mail. Ideally, this would not restore your WhatsApp chats back to your device. Though, it will make sure that you always have a backup of your important chats saved on your email. Here’s how you can backup WhatsApp without iCloud via the email chat feature.
1. Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone and simply go to the conversation (individual chat or group) you wish to save.
2. Swipe the conversation icon on WhatsApp and go to its more options to find the “Email Chat” feature. You can also tap the chat icon, go to its info, and select the “Email Chat” option as well.
3. This will give you an option to include/exclude attachments of the chat. Since most of the email servers have a limit of 20 MB, it is recommended to not attach large media files.
4. Later, it will ask you to select the email app of your choice. A draft window would be opened with a TXT file of your WhatsApp chats automatically attached. You can now just send this email to yourself or any other contact.
- Will maintain a backup on your email server
- A bit complicated to follow
- It won’t restore your chats back to WhatsApp
- Mostly, media files can’t be included in the backup
- Tedious to backup multiple conversations
There you go! Now when you know three different ways to backup WhatsApp without iCloud, you can easily keep your data safe. If you wish to save your time and efforts while managing your WhatsApp data, then prefer using MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. It is a highly resourceful social management app that would let you backup and restore WhatsApp, LINE, WeChat, Kik, and Viber data. Apart from that, you can also directly move your WhatsApp data from one device to another, irrespective of the platform it runs on. Go ahead and give this popular application a try and never lose your social app data again!