How to Transfer WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iCloud
Written By Nicola Massimo |
The only issue is when you want to copy WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iCloud. Perhaps this throws us into the disarray of why you cannot transfer WhatsApp backup from Google drive to Android directly.
Part 1: Transfer WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iCloud directly
Google Drive is an excellent way to backup WhatsApp messages and chats. It’s simply on the cloud; you can access it from any corner of the world and use any of your devices. However, Google Drive’s encryption protocols don’t coincide with iCloud.
Hence switching from one operating system device to another comes with its atrocity. This is because Android WhatsApp uses Google Drive for backups while iPhone OS uses the iCloud option.
Therefore, to transfer WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iCloud directly is impossible given the different formats of these storage mechanisms. But there are third-party tools to help you cross this bridge of transfers. So let’s uncover that in our next-in-line.
Part 2: Guide to transfer WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iCloud
You will follow various processes in the quest to transfer Google Drive WhatsApp backup to iCloud. First, start by downloading the WhatsApp backup to your Android phone before transferring it to the iPhone. It is only at this juncture that you can now transfer the backup from iPhone to iCloud for the final step. Follow these steps for a successful transfer.
Step 1: Restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to Android phone.
Remember to use the same mobile number and Google account since you’ll need Android and iPhone devices.
Note: Now you don't have to restore WhatsApp from Android to iPhone first. MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer now supports restoring WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone directly. If you don't want to restore WhatsApp to Android phone first, just turn to step 2.
1. Reinstall WhatsApp on your Android phone. This will bring a fresh backup from Google Drive to your Android device.
2. Then, launch WhatsApp on your Android phone and tap the three-dot menu found in the upper-right corner.
3. Tap on the “Settings” option and select “Chats.”
4. Go to “Chat backup.”
5. Tap on the “Back up to Google Drive.” Choose how often you want your chats backed up.
6. Tap your Google account and choose the account that you want to engage in.
7. Then tap the “Allow” option on the Google Drive prompt.
8. You can now backup your chats immediately. Tap the green “BACK UP” button to back up to your Android phone.
Requirements about Google Drive to backup and restore data
Storing your data on Google Drive is the safest option so far. Google saves up your data in top world-class data centers. And you find multiple redundant storage mechanisms in these centers. So, that said, you don’t just save your data typically like with hard drives and other devices. You need to meet the requirements to use the Google Drive backup system.
- An activated account on your phone. Sign up for an account using your email address and password. Remember, these are the contents you need for logins whenever you want to access your Google account.
- Google Play services. Install these on your phone or laptop for accessibility. You will have to factor in a higher version of Android devices i.e from Android 2 onwards.
- Adequate space. Google Drive lets you save lots of data, so you also need adequate space for the same. If it runs out of space, it may end up not syncing data.
Step 2: Transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone
Given the magnitude of its usability, there are certain moments when you’ll need to transfer WhatsApp messages from Google Drive to iCloud, i.e Android storage system to iPhone’s. This is only achievable via third-party tools.
Our recommended tool is MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer. MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer is intertwined with classic features that let it transfer WhatsApp backup from Android to iPhone in a click of time. So you can now breathe a sigh of relief when you finally acquire a new phone. However, remember that your old data does not automatically transfer to your new device. That’s why a WhatsApp transfer App such as MobileTrans is necessary for transferring such messages. Besides having a user-friendly interface, this App can flexibly handle your WhatsApp chats.
Note: Now you don't have to restore WhatsApp from Android to iPhone first. MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer now supports restoring WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone directly. You can just choose the Google Drive to WhatsApp option to transfer it.
Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone With 1 Click!
- • Its high-tech ability makes the backup of WhatsApp conversations and restore to iPhone OS and Android much easier than ever.
- • Use it to transfer your WhatsApp chat history between your iOS devices. Furthermore, transfers from Android to iPhone and vice versa are well enhanced with this tool.
- • Other social Apps are neither left out regarding Google Drive nor iCloud WhatsApp services. In addition, you can backup Viber, Kik, WeChat, LINE and many more Apps on your iOS.
- • Also use this App to restore iOS and Android WhatsApp backup to your iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, and Android devices.
In just one click, this App manages to successfully transfer any data type across devices. Follow these steps to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to your iPhone.
1. Install and launch the App.
2. Connect both your Android and iPhone devices to the PC.
3. Go to MobileTran’s main screen and select the ‘WhatsApp Transfer” option. Then, click on the “WhatsApp Transfer” buttons.
4. Wait for your Android and iPhone phones to be detected. They should both appear connected to your computer.
5. Click the “Start” button at the bottom-right corner of the screen. This should transfer your WhatsApp messages from your Android phone to the iPhone device.
6. Once the transfer is completed, a list of Android WhatsApp messages will be populated for you to view and retrieve them on your iPhone.
Step 3: Transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to iCloud
Using WhatsApp on iPhone will automatically backup data to iCloud. So you can access most of your data even after switching to a new iPhone. However, you may sometimes need to transfer your WhatsApp data from your iPhone to your iCloud account in case they can’t sync.
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone and tap on your name. Next, scrow down the menu and you see the iCloud option.
- Choose iCloud and switch iCloud Drive to “on.”
- First, sign in to your iCloud.com account.
- Then go to the “Settings” section and select the “iCloud” option.
- Ensure you turn on the “Back up to iCloud” section. Then select the “Back up now” option to move WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iCloud.
You need to transfer data from one device to another for various reasons. So whether it’s to transfer Google Drive WhatsApp backup to iCloud or Android to iPhone, MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer is here to take you through. It offers secure processing for your WhatsApp message transfer, backup, and restore.