How to Transfer Photos from WhatsApp to Google Photos?
Written By Axel Nash | Nov 04,2020
Got a new iPhone or Android smartphone this season, or are you planning to give it up for a routine service due to some issues? Whatever it be, for backing up or transferring the media files or photos from WhatsApp or Facebook, you always have to ensure that the process is comfortable and clean so that no image gets missed. If you in such a situation, you have reached the correct spot. How do I transfer photos from WhatsApp to Google Photos is no more difficult if you get to know some tricks. For your convenience, we picked two 100% useful and safe ideas. Read below to understand how to transfer photos from WhatsApp to Google Drive at ease.
Part 1: How to transfer photos from WhatsApp to Google Photos on Android?
First of all, let’s look at a simple guide on how to transfer photos from WhatsApp to Google Photos on an Android device.
Step 1: Open the Google Photos app
On your device, tap the Google Photos app and open it. Click on the inverted triangle icon next to your Google account.
You will get a side panel with various options on it.
Step 2: Open the “Device Folder” option
Click on the “Open Folder” option from the side panel to display various application folders stored on the android device.
Click the “WhatsApp Images” folder option.
Step 3: Enable the “Back up & Sync” button
Now, swipe over the “Back up & Sync” toggle button to the left to automatically transfer or backup all the WhatsApp images to the Google Photos once they download on your account.
While this is the direct method to transfer WhatsApp photos to Google Photos, you can use with another form of backing up. To do so, you need to go to Settings> Backup & Sync and swipe it to the left to enable the option.
The above process will backup your phone once connected to a Wi-Fi network. Still, to ensure the WhatsApp photos are in the backup, you need to tap the option “Back up device folders” and swipe over the “WhatsApp Images” toggle button to the left.
That is how you can transfer WhatsApp photos to Google Photos on an android device manually.
Part 2: How to transfer photos from WhatsApp to Google drive on iPhone?
While transferring WhatsApp photos to Google Photos on android doesn’t require any third-party software, we have taken up the aid of MobileTrans- the world No.1, phone-to-phone transfer as a solution, to transfer WhatsApp to Google drive. To make it more transparent for better understanding, here is a step-by-step manual on how to transfer photos from WhatsApp to Google Drive on iPhone.
Step 1: Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to pc with MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer
- Download and install Wondershare MobileTrans on your PC from its official link, https://mobiletrans.wondershare.com/.
- From the welcome interface, choose the option “WhatsApp Transfer” to proceed further.
- Now, go to the various social media apps on the left panel, like Viber, WeChat, WhatsApp, and choose “WhatsApp.”
- All the mobile data from the WhatsApp application will be detected automatically by MobileTrans from where you need to choose “Photos” to transfer. Hit the “Start” button once done.
- You can view the transfer process. Do not disconnect the device until it shows 100%.
Step 2: Transfer photos from PC to Google drive
- Open the Google Drive website (https://drive.google.com/) on your PC and log in to your account.
- Execute “New> File Upload or Folder Upload” from the top left.
- From your desktop, select the WhatsApp files or photos you wish to transfer to Google Drive, click, “Open” and the file transfer will get started automatically.
- If you wish to transfer WhatsApp photos to Google drive from PC with syncing, download and install the Google Backup & Sync on PC.
- Once the process reaches completion, you will see a Google Drive folder on the screen.
- Just drag & drop the WhatsApp photos you wish to transfer to the drive.
With the above guide, now you know how to transfer WhatsApp photos to Google Drive on the iPhone at ease. MobileTrans from Wondershare is an all-in-one phone-to-phone transfer platform suitable to carry over all your data transfer, backup & restore facilitating many devices up to 6000+. It is a one-stop solution preferred by 700K users worldwide.
Transferring data or photos from Android/iPhone is a hectic task. However, MobileTrans from Wondershare makes the process smooth. Thanks to the technology team behind MobileTrans and Google to make the phone transfer safer and more accessible. Thus, with a short introduction to MobileTrans and practical implementation, you can now respond to how I transfer photos from WhatsApp to Google Photos without any second thoughts.