How to Preview WhatsApp Voice Messages Before Sending on iPhone and Android？
Written By Axel Nash |
However, as the years pass by, messaging applications have been thinking of ways how they can elevate their platforms. They then came up with the idea of being able to send media files within their platform and this has changed the online messaging industry. People did not need to send a separate email anymore when they all can do it on just 1 platform.
Sending voice messages has continued to be used by a lot of people now as it is time-saving and they can get their message across by just tapping on one button and it can be sent after. However, we still want to be able to review the voice message we just recorded before sending it to our friends. So, we will talk about how you can preview the voice message before you can send it to your contacts.
Part 1: How to Send Voice Messages on WhatsApp?
Before we teach you how to preview any Whatsapp messages, let us first go through the basics of sending voice messages to your contacts. After that, you can follow the steps below to send a voice message.
- Step 1: Open the WeChat application.
- Step 2: Go to the chatbox or group chat where you would like to send the voice message.
- Step 3: You can then look for the microphone icon and tap on it to record your voice message.
- Step 4: Once you have finished recording, you can let go of your finger from the microphone icon. Then after, it will send out automatically.
Part 2: How to Preview WhatsApp Voice Messages Before You Hit 'send'?
Now you know how to send voice messages to anyone in your contact. Before sending out a voice message, you want to be sure that your message is clear and can be understood properly. So the best way to check is to listen to your recording first. The steps to preview a voice message before sending is also very similar to when you send it automatically.
- Step 1: Open the WeChat application on your phone.
- Step 2: Next, choose the chatbox or group chat that you want to send your recording.
- Step 3: Then tap on the microphone icon and then swipe up to the lock icon. This lock icon will allow hands-free recording.
- Step 4: You can then now start recording your voice.
- Step 5: Once you have finished recording, you can press the "Stop" icon.
- Step 6: Then, tap on "play" to listen to your recording of the voice message.
- Step 7: If you are satisfied with the recording, you can press "send" or if you want to redo it, you can press the "delete" icon.
Part 3: How to Preview Deleted WhatsApp Voice Messages and Restore Separately?
You have sent your voice messages to your friends, but you accidentally deleted them. It is possible to retrieve those voice messages and other chat histories in your Whatsapp by using one of the best backup tools in the market right now, MobileTrans - Backup & Restore. This tool will help you back up all kinds of files, including your Whatsapp chat histories. We will show you the steps that you can follow to retrieve all of your Whatsapp Voice Messages.
- Step 1: Download "MobileTrans - Backup & Restore".
- Step 2: Next, make sure to connect your phone to your computer and then open Wondershare MobileTrans.
- Step 3: Then go to "Backup & Restore" and then choose, "Deleted Whatsapp Data Restore".
- Step 4: Before proceeding to restore your deleted Whatsapp data, go to your Whatsapp application on your phone. Go to "Settings", then "Chats" and choose "Chats Backup". From here, you can turn off the auto-backup in Google Drive and click on "Backup".
- Step 5: Go back to Wondershare Mobiletrans tool and allow you to install Whatsapp by connecting your phone through a USB.
- Step 6: Next, allow access to the storage space in your phone.
- Step 7: Next, you will need to log in through Whatsapp and restore the backup files. Then click "Next".
- Step 8: In this step, you will see the deleted Whatsapp messages and you can then choose the ones that you would like to restore.
Part 4: FAQs
Question 1: How long can a WhatsApp voice message be?
You can record as long as you want on Whatsapp as there is no limit for voice messages.
Question 2: How to save WhatsApp audio as MP3?
Voice messages are usually saved in one of your phone's folders and it is currently not saved in MP3 file format so you will need to use another tool to convert them into MP3 files.
Question 3: How do I translate a voice message on WhatsApp?
Currently, there is no direct option to translate a voice message and you will need to do additional steps. To be able to translate a voice message, you will need to have the voice message transcribed first and then copy the transcribed message to a translator application.
Question 4: Why can't I hear WhatsApp voice messages?
There are different reasons that you can't hear voice messages from Whatsapp. The most common one is the volume might be set to the lowest setting or that file is not recorded properly. We have discussed this issue in our article "WhatsApp Voice Messages Not Working? Here are 11 Tips to Fix It".
Question 5: How to listen to a WhatsApp voice message without the sender knowing？
If you want to listen to your friend's voice message without them knowing that is possible and we have an article, "How to Read WhatsApp Messages in Secret Without the Sender Knowing".
Now you are aware of how to review all of your voice messages on Whatsapp before sending them, you can now be careful to send messages that get your message across, a message that is clear and precise. No need to unsent or delete the voice message anymore when you can just double-check the content of your voice message. Voice messaging just made communicating for all users easiest and not having to type out any more later so it is good that you are now aware of what you can do for voice messages that you would send out to your friends.